Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My draft thoughts: Who do you want?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panthers11

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: My draft thoughts: Who do you want? Reply with quote

I've been thinking about the draft possibilities so much recently.
Round 1: WR, OT, DT, S, CB, OG
So many possibilities.
S: I love Vaccaro, but I love Elam or Cyprien in round 2 more.
OT: Fisher and Joeckel will be gone. Lane Johnson is realistic.
WR: Patterson is so enticing to me. Julio Jones esque in the open field. Not sure how I feel about Keenan Allen. Would prefer Hopkins in round 2.
CB: Milliner should be gone, and if Rhodes rises, maybe, but I prefer CB in round 2 as well.
DT: If Lotulelei falls, do we jump the gun? Shedlon Richardson is a tank. Jesse Williams is a mauler.
OG: Warmack is an amazing prospect, instant starter for 10+ years.

Round 2: the most exciting to me. I would prefer we take a S, CB or WR if we fall here.

So for me, I am open to any of the 6 positions in round 1, but OT, OG, and DT are stronger in round 1, with CB, S, and WR being stronger in round 2.

Agree? Disagree? Thoughts? Who do you want?

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely agree, but I feel after we restructure some contracts and make cuts it'll be easier to see which direction we are gonna go

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
ericr0319

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really dont like our outlook we are in so much trouble from past contracts we are forced to cut ties with great players to save money and its going to create gaps. losing gamble makes CB and immediate need. our secondary is in shambles.

what i would do as a GM..

cut - gamble, dwill, edwards,
restructure beason or trade/cut. but a priority to resign him.

with this cap room sign randy starks and brandon lloyd.

draft - either Kenny vaccaro or Cordarrelle Patterson in the 1st. if both gone, best available DT to give us a great front 4, back to the days when we went to the super bowl. those years with that front 4 and linebacking crew made our weak secondary better.

2nd - Go either Benny Logan DT if he is there or David Amerson, i love this kid and his size.

a combo of Vaccaro/Amerson adds us two 6'2" players in the secondary with great ball instincts.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. Unless Trufant is there in the 2nd instead.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So basically, we should trade our first round pick and get a ton of 2nd round picks?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I watch of him, the more I like Shariff Floyd (a lot more than I did before after watching 1 game of his). Still don't believe he should be as highly regarded as he is but still very much so a player that possesses great athleticism and the ability to be good as a run stuffer and excellent as a pass rusher. Most importantly, he seems to fit what Rivera wants in his DTs; guys who aren't just there to clog (like the guy I liked last year, Chapman) and instead be able to just hold his own against the run (which Floyd is more than capable of doing and is actually good at it) while also being able to apply consistent pressure up the middle. Not my top choice but I think he might be in heavy consideration. So he is in the mix.

I'd say my top choices would be Lane Johnson (I think he has more upside and is a better prospect than Joeckel) and Dion Jordan. I'd love those too. Wouldn't mind Patterson either though I'd rather we simply trade down if we target him or any other receiver ala Allen. But with how loaded this draft is as far as receivers go, we could easily get a good one in the second. Never know with Tavon Austin; his size could easily end up having him land to our spot.

If Austin is there in the second, I'd love him or the Honey Badger, though still weary of his character.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This draft depends on who is there, but I think if Johnson is there, this makes the most sense. He could start on day 1, and protecting Cam is a good investment. If he's not there, we really need to move down if we can. (OT)

I think that you can experiment and develop players on defense a lot more and develop players on offense. So in round 2, WR makes a lot of sense. Again, let's give Cam more weapons. (WR)

Hate the 3rd is gone.

4th, 5th, 6th, and any comp picks, you take DL, S, OG,
tbrown2699

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad Man wrote:
This draft depends on who is there, but I think if Johnson is there, this makes the most sense. He could start on day 1, and protecting Cam is a good investment. If he's not there, we really need to move down if we can. (OT)

I think that you can experiment and develop players on defense a lot more and develop players on offense. So in round 2, WR makes a lot of sense. Again, let's give Cam more weapons. (WR)

Hate the 3rd is gone.

The 3rd is not gone. He's on our roster and his name is Frank Alexander. Look at it as a rookie with a year's experience. In fact, if the Panthers cannot resign Hardy, Alexander will have been a nice pickup.
Panthers11

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbrown2699 wrote:
Mad Man wrote:

Hate the 3rd is gone.

The 3rd is not gone. He's on our roster and his name is Frank Alexander. Look at it as a rookie with a year's experience. In fact, if the Panthers cannot resign Hardy, Alexander will have been a nice pickup.

Would of preferred to take him and not take Joe Adams.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:
Mad Man wrote:

Hate the 3rd is gone.

Would of preferred to take him and not take Joe Adams.

Its funny, because on draft day almost everyone was saying the exact opposite.
panattack86

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the first i want lane johnson especially if gross is gone. hell even if gross restructures move him to RT. If Johnson is gone im all for trading the pick and picking up a late 2nd or 3rd and moving to the end of the first and pick up a guy like Marcus Trufant or Hankins

In the second I want BPA for S/CB hopefully having 2 picks could possibly pick up hankins if he drops to 14 in the second round and pick up a like Phillip Thomas from fresno. If keenan allen is available i would love to draft him instead of phillip thomas and hope Thomas falls to the 4th round dont know what most people think of him(thomas) ive seen grades from the 2-5th round on him.

If we trade the 14th pick
1st Marcus Trufant CB
2nd Kennan Allen WR
2nd Hankins DT
4th Phillip Thomas FS

No trade
1st Lane Johnson
2nd Keenan Allan or Matt Elam
4th Jordan Poyer or Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB's
5th DJ Swearinger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: