Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Boise&cards Fan Post Combine Mock draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Boise&cards Fan Post Combine Mock draft Reply with quote

Top 6 picks before Arizona
1. Luke Joeckel
2. Bjoern Werner
3. Geno Smith
4. Eric Fisher
5. Dee Milliner
6. Jarvis Jones

Round 1. Chance Warmack OG Alabama- 6’2”, 317, 34Ύ” arms, 9 5/8” Hands, 5.49 40: Warmack is one of the top 3 plays in the draft at any position. Warmack will come in day one and be one of the best players on Arizona roster. He fills a huge whole on the interior of the Line at RG and will make immediate impact in both the Run game and passing game. The pressure from the middle of the Line is as bad or is worse than it is from the tackles.

Round 2. Margus Hunt DE SMU- 6’8” 277, 33 Ύ” arms, 10” Hands, 4.60 40: Arizona DL is one of its strongest units but it is all so were Arizona is spending a good amount of money. Dockett is not getting any younger and is costing the team to much cap space. Adding Hunt who is an alethic freak of nature for his size would help Arizona get younger and fine a replacement for Dockett. Hunt is not ready to be a full time starter but will be able to rotate with Dockett as he learns to be his best.

Round 3. Tyler Bray QB Tennessee – 6’6”, 232, 33” arms, 9Ό” Hands 5.05 40: Arizona has no QB on this team that has any future in the NFL. All 3 will most likely be cut and some new guys will be signed to compete for the job. Arians seems to like the big pocket passing QB with strong arms. Bray fits the mold to the letter. Based on pure arm talent, Bray is an extremely impressive quarterback prospect. However Bray all so come with character concerns and questionable decision making. If Arians and Moore are the QB experts everyone makes them out to be. Then they should have no problem getting Bray to his full potential.

Round 4. A.J. Klein ILB Iowa State- 6’1” 250, 32 7/8” arms, 10Ό” Hands, 4.66 40: Arizona has been weak at ILB for some time. Washington is a stud and Pro Bowl players but he only 1 of 2 ILB. Lenon is old and done for the most part. Bradley has never been able to learn the defense and take over as the guy that can help stop the run up the middle. I believe Lenon will be back one more year but Arizona needs to get themselves a young run stuffing ILB of the future to replace him with. Klein is the type of intense, instinctive defender all coaches want suiting up for them. Klein has 344 tackles in his three seasons as a starter. Klein all so a strong special team player who had 17 tackles and 1 force Fumble as a freshmen.

Round 5. Cornelius Washington OLB Georgia- 6’4”, 265, 34” arms, 9½” Hands, 4.55 40: Cornelius is another alethic freak but never truly reached that potential in college. He only showed flashes of his talent at Georgia and was mostly used for 3rd down rusher. Cornelius is that type of player you draft and think what he can do for you down the road. The Talent is there it is just getting that talent to come out on a consistent level of play. Cornelius does not have the most flexible hips to bend around tackles.

Round 6. D.J. Harper RB Boise State- 5’9”, 211, 31” arms, 10Ό” Hands, 4.52 40: It was only a few years ago that D.J. Haper beat out Doug martin for the starting RB job and got Martin send to the defense side of the field. If not for an ACL tear Doug never sees any playing time at RB and never becomes a first round pick. Harper is the faster of the two but Martin is the better in between tackle runner. Harper does not have the Ideal strength to run up the middle but has more than people think and can break a tackle every now and then. Haper all so understand what he needs to do as a pass blocker and can pick up blitzes. Why not a need for Arians offense Haper does have the talent to catch and run with the football.

Round 6. Rontez Miles Safety California (PA)-6’0” 203, 32 7/8” arms, 10Ό” Hands, 4.62 40: Look I can’t tell you much about this guy. He from a small school and Arizona normally takes one small school guy every year. Rontez put up some decent numbers at the combine and finished his college career with 10 INT, 258 tackles, 19 pass breakups, and 2 sacks. He all so had some character concerns as that got him into trouble his freshmen year at Kent State. Arizona has need for a young safety and won’t be many alethic ones to pick from this late in the draft. With this pick you’re going to get a guy who has better speed then the other Safety you can get at this point but not the big school competition. Needs to show he can play on special team if he wants to make the team.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definitely that time of year so I hope the mock drafts start pouring out on this forum.

1. Warmack is a logical and obviously good pick, especially with Geno off the board.

2. Hunt is a very intriguing player with a huge amount of upside. However, he's also an older prospect and doesn't really address an immediate need. Dockett is expected to fit better into this next system and Campbell is here for the long haul. Also, I like David Carter a lot so I think he could be Dockett's replacement down the road. I think if you were to go defense here, ILB or OLB would be better. Minter, Arthur Brown, and falling OLB would be good.

3. I don't like Bray too much but the potential is there. He's got a prickly attitude not unlike Jay Cutler but it's not like he's a criminal. If he has shown good work ethic than I wouldn't be totally against it but he is far from my favorite QB.

4. Klein is a very good pick IMO. There's an ILB I like a bit more that I'm hope we take on Day 3 but he'll be in my Prospect Thread which should be up in the next 2 weeks.

5. I doubt Washington lasts this long after his combine showing. I think a team picks him up in the late 3rd to develop him.

6. Harper would be a solid pick in the 6th round. he's got injury issues but he's seemed to bounce back from those. He's a tad older though and that hurts since RBs already have a short shelf life.

6. I actually think we go safety a lot earlier than this.

I think we get a 7th round compensation pick as well.

Overall, decent mock draft.
Jrugges

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Chance Warmack OG Alabama

Margus Hunt DE SMU

A.J. Klein ILB Iowa State

Cornelius Washington OLB Georgia

I really like these four players. The other two late rounds and MEH on. Tyler Bray has much to be desired imo. He had solid players along the O-line, and two NFL wideouts and still struggled at times.
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:

2. Hunt is a very intriguing player with a huge amount of upside. However, he's also an older prospect and doesn't really address an immediate need.

5. I doubt Washington lasts this long after his combine showing. I think a team picks him up in the late 3rd to develop him.

I think we get a 7th round compensation pick as well.

Overall, decent mock draft.

Outside of the late safety I did not make picks based off need. Everything BPA. If Hunt is there in round 2 I believe he is BPA. Yes he 25 and a little older then most but can't deny his talent. QB normaly get rated a little higher because they are QB and Bray has what Arians wants in a QB.

I agree that Washington combine was good but his production is lacking. But I do agree that a team could take him higher up.

DirtyDez

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise for GM.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like or love every pick expect 2nd round.

Sorry Boise, I have no love for a 25 yr old Estonian rookie DE

Throw me a TE or LB or CB there and you have me
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:

If i thought that the CB from Washington or Te'o would still be there i take both over Hunt. If hunt was gone i would take Jamar Taylor.

DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trufant would be lovely, or my favourite FSU's Rhodes.

Teo is a 3rd round pick at best, think Spikes from FLA to the Pats in the 7th
apollo14000

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Trufant would be lovely, or my favourite FSU's Rhodes.

Teo is a 3rd round pick at best, think Spikes from FLA to the Pats in the 7th

I agree. The 3rd is a good spot to draft Te'o but not earlier than that. I got some ILBs I would take ahead of him every day of the week. Kevin Minter, Arthur Brown, and maybe Jon Bostic.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bostic is below teo for me

Brown is still 4-3 for me, yet to be convinced he could be 3-4, dream is still minter, hope he falls to our 2nd pick
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. Washington will go higher though. talking about him on NFLN right now.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
mosteelers

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:

I like the draft considering Smith is gone.

I think there are too many holes to address before DE.

I think Klien is good, but I am not in live with the guy.

I would like to see a safety at #2. Wilson isn't getting younger.

Sig courtesy of miafins23 Thanks
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont need to go S in the 2nd, unless one of the top 2 falls.

I like Evans from Florida in the 3rd or 4th.

He is always around the ball, solid player, not flashy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: