Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Combine Mock FRO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FRO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Post Combine Mock FRO Reply with quote

Cuts:
Harvey Dahl RG
Wayne Hunter RT

Resign:
Robert Turner G/C

Sign- My free agent philosophy is to sign guys 28 years of age or younger. We need to be signing guys getting ready to hit their primes. 

• Phil Loadholt RT Minnesota: The headliner of our free agent signings. Was a big reason of Peterson's success. The Rams lacked push in the run game last year, Loadholt provides a guy to run behind. Not an all-pro in pass protection, but solid. 

• Shonn Greene RB NYJ: Knows the offense. Had the same amount of yards as Jackson last year. Performs the power back role in our RB rotation. 

• Justin Durant SLB Detroit: Knows the system. Coming off a 100 tackle season. 

• Matt Shanghnessy DE Oakland: Cheaper alternative to William Hayes. Has plenty of talent and size to perform the same role Hayes did. 

Draft:
16 Jonathan Cooper LG North Carolina: Most athletic interior lineman in the draft. Proved to be very strong at the combine as well. Phenomenal pulling and in the screen game. 
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RxnFNnW0IoM

22 Tavon Austin WR West Virginia: With his quickness, speed, and durability Austin will be the best slot WR in the league. Brings a dimension our offense has lacked since Hakim. Better version of AZ. 
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WHn3xtXMPcw

46 Zach Ertz TE Stanford: Not a good blocker, but we have other blocking TE candidates. Great hands, great receiver. Will be a favorite target of Sam. 
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8OPC5Iy-NJo

78 Bacarri Rambo S Georgia: OJ Atogwe is the perfect comparison. May have to trade up to get him if there is a run on FS's, but a mediocre workout along with off field concerns probably will push him here.  Fits our defensive need perfectly. 
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LB3U3b-3pKQ

110 Tony Jefferson S Oklahoma: Short and slow, but he can play football. 
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gyd58wRfw8A

142 Marquess Wilson WR Washington State: Tall, fast athletic WR prospect. Has good hands. First/Second round talent, character issues push him down. 
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ILOiSfpEHUg

174 Nick Becton LT Virginia Tech: Athletic developmental T prospect. 
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WyCvRA7VfvI

206 Mike Edwards CB/RET Hawaii- 4th corner and returner candidate. 
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pLCDHBqFy6M

Starters:
QB: Sam Bradford
RB: Shonn Greene/Isaiah Pead/Daryl Richardson
FB: Lance Kendricks
X: Brian Quick/Marquess Wilson/ Austin Pettis
Y: Chris Givens
Slot: Tavon Austin
TE: Zach Ertz
LT: Roger Saffold
LG: Jonathan Cooper
C: Scott Wells
RG: Rok Watkins/Shelley Smith/Robert Turner
RT: Phil Loadholt

LDE: Chris Long
RDE: Robert Quinn
DT: Michael Brockers
DT: Kendall Langford
WLB: Jo-Lonn Dunbar
MLB: James Laurinaitas
SLB: Justin Durant
CB1: Janoris Jenkins
CB2: Courtland Finnagen
CB3: Trumaine Johnson
FS: Bacarri Rambo
SS: Quintin Mikell
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Cooper and Austin in the 1st round. As well as Ertz if he lasts to our 2nd round pick and Rambo is very good value in the 3rd round.

Not a fan of Matt Shaughnessy and Shonn Greene as Free Agent signings. Greene has shown nothing that makes me think he will improve anymore than his level of play, plus he has had fumble problems at times.

Matt Shaughnessy has shown nothing at this point and I would rather have a rookie with potential as our 3rd DE than him. He has a career 15.5 sacks. Last year he played all 16 games and finished the year with 3.5 sacks.

Can't say I'm a fan of Tony Jefferson either just too slow for me. Marquess Wilson having character concerns is putting it lightly. Being a quitter and accusing a coach of abuse then recanting it, is not a person I would want in the Rams' locker room.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy with this.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
I like Cooper and Austin in the 1st round. As well as Ertz if he lasts to our 2nd round pick and Rambo is very good value in the 3rd round.

Not a fan of Matt Shaughnessy and Shonn Greene as Free Agent signings. Greene has shown nothing that makes me think he will improve anymore than his level of play, plus he has had fumble problems at times.

Matt Shaughnessy has shown nothing at this point and I would rather have a rookie with potential as our 3rd DE than him. He has a career 15.5 sacks. Last year he played all 16 games and finished the year with 3.5 sacks.

Can't say I'm a fan of Tony Jefferson either just too slow for me. Marquess Wilson having character concerns is putting it lightly. Being a quitter and accusing a coach of abuse then recanting it, is not a person I would want in the Rams' locker room.

Greene had, statistically, a superior year to our own Steven Jackson last season. Much as I'm not a huge fan of him, he didn't play awful last season.

As to the mock, not a fan of Cooper to us in the first. Really hope he goes before our pick, freeing up someone else for us. Rest of the draft features pretty good values.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:

Greene had, statistically, a superior year to our own Steven Jackson last season. Much as I'm not a huge fan of him, he didn't play awful last season.

As to the mock, not a fan of Cooper to us in the first. Really hope he goes before our pick, freeing up someone else for us. Rest of the draft features pretty good values.

I like Cooper as much as Warmack, I think Cooper has better feet too, which would help in pass protection. Cooper could also play Center if needed, added versatility.
chris00cm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the draft. My only comment to this is Shonn Greene is a turd. Reminds me of Fred Flintstone. Those legs of his are moving, yet he's not getting anywhere.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: