Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quick mock

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
broncos_fan _from _uk


Joined: 06 Feb 2005
Posts: 9043
Location: Colorado Springs
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Quick mock Reply with quote

Good morning lads. Had a class cancel so I thought I would check in with a quick mock. tear apart at will.

Trade #28 to Miami for #42 and #77

#42 Matt Elam, S, Florida: 3 more inches and 15 more lbs and he would be a top 15 selection. His lack of size means that he can get boxed out by TEs though and in today's league that means your status drops.

#58 Jamar Taylor, CB, BST: a heady hard working player who can immediately play NB and take over for champ in a year or two. Won't make stupid mistakes.

#77 Ryan Swope, WR, TAM: smart tough receiver with deceptive game speed. Great blocker for a wr. Prototypical slot receiver to split time with stokers for a season then take over.

#90 Sylvester Williams, DT, NC: all of the tools, but questionable motor. Del Rio should be ale to fix that.

Rd 4 A.J. Klien, Mike, ISU: smart instinctive LB who can get caught up in the wash. Not overly athletic but then again neither was Brooking. Not a HOFer but a borderline pro bowler every year for a long time. Think London Fletcher.

Rd 5 Ricky Wagner, OT, Wisconsin: limited athletically, but has quicker feet than Franklinstien to handle the edge rushers. I must admit a biased for Wisconsin OL as they allways seem to be at least solid. At the worst a swing tackle best case scenario allows franklin to kick inside.

Rd 7 Knile Davis,RB, Ark: elite athlete who looked like a 1st round pick until he broke his ankle last year. Never really returned to form this season. Huge upside but could very easily be out of the NFL after his first training camp.
_________________
When you base your opinions off of facts instead of searching for facts that support your opinions you will find yourself often the contrarian but rarely the fool.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
broncos67


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 21155
Location: Capitol Cit-ay
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray! UK is back! Hope everything is going well my man.

I like the trade, wouldn't be surprised one bit if we traded back.

The players you have us drafting are wonderful, I'm just not sure some of them will be around when we pick.

Elam is a great pick and will be a very good player, but I doubt he slips all the way to 42.

Jamar Taylor will absolutely be picked around there and he's a good pick.

Like Swope a lot, can't see him lasting till the third after the time he ran at the combine. I think teams will reevaluate him and he'll go higher.

Sly Williams is another good player who would help us, but I think he's a 2nd rounder at worst, personally.

AJ Klein- Good player, good pick.

Wagner is where I disagree. I don't like him, and IIRC many Wisco OL aren't that good as pros, but I could be wrong. A 5th round OT won't supplant Franklin.

Knile Davis is a great player and he's my favorite RB this year. He was an easy Top 15 pick if he never got injured.

Overall, good players, would benefit us, just not sure if they'll be around.
_________________


Thanks, Tzimisce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncos_fan _from _uk


Joined: 06 Feb 2005
Posts: 9043
Location: Colorado Springs
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back only for today, 20credit hours, 2 jobs, 3 kids, and preparing to take the MCAT in June does not leave too much free time. Laughing I will try to pop in a bit more around the draft and then over the summer after my test.

As for the draft I agree that a few of these players might go higher but I could very easily see Elam dropping due to his size and the importance of the TE in the modern game, as for Swope I did not realize that he had run that fast, he likely earned himself a second round selection with that. sly Williams I think gets pushed down because of how deep this DT class is, I think either him, Brandon Williams or Akeem spence will be there at the end of the third and would be happy with any of them.
_________________
When you base your opinions off of facts instead of searching for facts that support your opinions you will find yourself often the contrarian but rarely the fool.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
broncos67


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 21155
Location: Capitol Cit-ay
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos_fan _from _uk wrote:
Back only for today, 20credit hours, 2 jobs, 3 kids, and preparing to take the MCAT in June does not leave too much free time. Laughing I will try to pop in a bit more around the draft and then over the summer after my test.

As for the draft I agree that a few of these players might go higher but I could very easily see Elam dropping due to his size and the importance of the TE in the modern game, as for Swope I did not realize that he had run that fast, he likely earned himself a second round selection with that. sly Williams I think gets pushed down because of how deep this DT class is, I think either him, Brandon Williams or Akeem spence will be there at the end of the third and would be happy with any of them.


Elam I could see, I guess, although personally I'm skeptical. I actually agree about Sly and he could really go anywhere throughout the draft. Akeem Spence is intriguing though.
_________________


Thanks, Tzimisce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Reggie Nelson#1


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 3257
Location: Montreal, Canada
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick mock Reply with quote

broncos_fan _from _uk wrote:
Rd 7 Knile Davis,RB, Ark: elite athlete who looked like a 1st round pick until he broke his ankle last year. Never really returned to form this season. Huge upside but could very easily be out of the NFL after his first training camp.
I really like that guy. I had him on my draft board well before the combine. High potential but the guy is injury prone... Perfect pick if he's there in the 7th round but I'm pretty sure he'll be gone around 5-6.
_________________
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Winder23


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 4164
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a really good mock and falls within what I whink the broncos will try to do.

There are numerous players with second round grades right now that I think are just as valuable as some of the others with late first round grades.

Elam would be a good pick. His size does cause concern, but he can play big. He would bring a swagger to the secondary that it lacks right now.

Taylor is a first round talent IMO. He is the best tackler in this group of corners and can play in a variety of schemes. He can play off, zone or stright up on a guy. Will be a good corner for who ever may draft him.

Swope is the man. He is the missing piece for the Manning offense. Stokley has been nothing short of miraculous, but Swope would be the perfect fit with DT and Decker.

I'm not so sure Williams will be there. Too much talent for someone not to jump at earlier.

Klein would be a good STer and possible MLB of the future.
_________________
GO BRONCOS!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jsthomp2007


Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 6860
Location: USA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is a quick mock like a one chord song?
_________________
Ninja stealth muggers in the Bellagio has left me in a state of congitive disonance...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AnAngryAmerican


Moderator
Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 18249
Location: Loveland, CO
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know how I missed this one. Nice job, UK.

I'm warming to the idea of trading back just because the draft is SO deep. IMO the #10 ranked player is not much better than the #60 ranked player. Usually I'm opposed to trading down but this year it could really make sense. I just hope we can get good value; Elway got taken to the cleaners with his trades last year.

I love the players you have us drafting. Swope is going to get over-drafted because of 40 time, which is NOT indicative of his playing speed. They say some players play faster than they time, in Swope's case he plays slower than he times. That's not saying he isn't really quick, he is, but 4.3 40 is not representative of his game speed IMO. I like Conner Vernon as a slot WR option a lot and he's better value than Swope; we could get Vernon in the 4th while we'd likely have to take Swope in the 2nd.

I don't think Sylvester Williams lasts that far. I know CBS' NFL Draft scout has him ranked #90 and as a 2nd-3rd round but I've seen mocks of us taking him a #28. Who knows how the chips are going to fall with all the DTs in the draft so anything is possible.

All in all I LOVE the players you have us picking. Great job!
_________________
big_palooka:

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Donut


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 12346
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
I love the players you have us drafting. Swope is going to get over-drafted because of 40 time, which is NOT indicative of his playing speed. They say some players play faster than they time, in Swope's case he plays slower than he times. That's not saying he isn't really quick, he is, but 4.3 40 is not representative of his game speed IMO. I like Conner Vernon as a slot WR option a lot and he's better value than Swope; we could get Vernon in the 4th while we'd likely have to take Swope in the 2nd.

Completely agree w/ this. Though I really like Swope and think he's a very good athlete and is deceptively fast in pads. Not 4.3 fast but faster than many gave him credit for.
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Don't know how I missed this one. Nice job, UK.

I'm warming to the idea of trading back just because the draft is SO deep. IMO the #10 ranked player is not much better than the #60 ranked player. Usually I'm opposed to trading down but this year it could really make sense. I just hope we can get good value; Elway got taken to the cleaners with his trades last year.

Looked like last moving up costs a lot less. This draft is just lacking in talent, like last yrs, but worse.

As for Elam I've notice a shift of a lot of safetys flying up the boards and some dont even have him in the top 3 anymore.
_________________
dhunt2402 wrote:
You're like the patron saint of roster bubble players Laughing
Adopt a Patriot:
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group