Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills 7 Round Mock (Couple Options)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidderion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Bills 7 Round Mock (Couple Options) Reply with quote

Alright, so what I'm pretty much doing here is listing 2-3 options I believe we have for each pick. It's hard to predict trades but that's something thats a possibility for whether it's using the 8th pick and then moving back up into the 1st round again or even trading away the 8th pick and accumulating more picks. I just went off of what we currently have now. Let me know what you guys think!

Round 1

Geno Smith QB - Obviously we need a franchise QB and I think with KC getting Alex Smith, theres a chance Smith falls to us.

Chance Warmack OG / Lane Johnson OT - With the departure of Andy Levitre likely to happen, I think Warmack could fill that hole or we could get Lane and Cordy Glenn could be asked to shift back to his nautral Guard position.

Round 2

Alec Ogletree LB - Off field concerns dropped his draft stock and I think we take advantage of that here.

Ryan Nassib QB - Obviously if we take Geno we won't grab Ryan, but, if we didn't Nassib seems like the likely pick due to connections with our new coaches.

Jonathan Cyprien SS - Searcy isn't the future for us here. Cyprien has the ability to drop deep and cover the long throws while he can also come up to the line and stop the run.

Round 3

Margus Hunt DE - This guy is pretty good. Fast and strong and has the ability to block kicks. Benched 38 reps at combine along with a 4.6 40 time.

Tyler Bray QB - Again, we take Geno or Ryan, this pick doesn't happen. Bray had a nice arm at the combine. Can stretch the ball downfield.

Round 4

Da'Rick Rogers WR - If he falls this far, would be a great pickup for us. Had some character issues and issues with drugs but seems like he is getting his head on straight and has the physical tools to succeed.

Tyrann Mathieu CB - Didn't play last season and marijuana charges dropped him off boards a bit. He can play though. And might be able to step in at Safety or nickel corner.

Round 5

Matt Scott QB - I think if we take a QB in rounds 1-2 that we still go after this guy. He's a sleeper and impressed a lot of people at the combine. Strong arm plus has great mobility.

Kenny Stills WR - Average size but has tremendous speed running a 4.38 at the combine. Can provide deep downfield ability allowing Stevie to slip into the slot and go underneath.

Round 6

Jake Stonebrunner TE - Has the size and plays TE but is flexible. He can go in and play WR when needed plus he can play FB as well. H-Back type of guy. Be nice to see him play and he has decent speed as well.

AJ Klein LB - A lot of attention on Te'o this year takes the shine away from other players. Klein has a knack for the ball and can make great plays.

Round 7

**Traded to Seattle for Tavaris Jackson**
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is tough to pick one way or another. I think Geno in rd 1 is the logical choice, and if not him, I dont think we need to waste a pick on oline that early. Rd 2 Olgetree would be my choice. Hunt will not make it to rd 3, he might not even make it out of rd 1 so we can take him off the board and I would move Rodgers up.

So my three would be Geno Smith, Ogletree and Rodgers

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIKEJWN wrote:
This is tough to pick one way or another. I think Geno in rd 1 is the logical choice, and if not him, I dont think we need to waste a pick on oline that early. Rd 2 Olgetree would be my choice. Hunt will not make it to rd 3, he might not even make it out of rd 1 so we can take him off the board and I would move Rodgers up.

Ditto.

Welcome to the Bills boards as well.

davidderion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
NIKEJWN wrote:

Ditto.

Welcome to the Bills boards as well.

Thanks. I actually used to be on here a while ago but I forgot my login and whatnot so I just setup a new account.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and I do like the mock overall. But at #8, even with Levitre gone I think it's a bit too high for us to spend a pick on O-line when we need a couple wideouts.

And doing a mock draft past the 3rd round is always a crap shoot at best anyway.

Also a word to the wise, your avatar is too big, you need to resize it.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of hoping in this mock, A Geno Smith, Alec Ogletree, Marcus Hunt and Da'Rick Rogers draft is pretty solid tho
plwildrick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem now is Hunt won't make it out of 2nd round, possibly first due to combine performance.

Geno, Ogletree, Rogers, Mathieu (if here got to try it, replaces McKelvin essentially nickel or dime CB plus returner)
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Combine performance does nothing in terms of draft stock unless you bomb your interviews or show up lazy.

Seriously, it's neat to see just hwo athletic some guys are, but Al Davis is dead, the guy who ran the fastest at the combine isn't going in the top 10 anymore, unless he was projected there in the first place.
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Combine performance does nothing in terms of draft stock unless you bomb your interviews or show up lazy.

Seriously, it's neat to see just hwo athletic some guys are, but Al Davis is dead, the guy who ran the fastest at the combine isn't going in the top 10 anymore, unless he was projected there in the first place.
Guys absolutely do move based on the combine. A guy isn't going to come out of no where and end up #1 overall a la Leon Sandcastle, but guys could move as much as a round. Coaches see the explosion of guys like Hunt and Collins at the combine and know that can't be taught. Both guys show flashes of that on the field, when they do it is special. Both guys play a too high at times. A coach is going to see that, think they can coach keeping better pad level into them and draft them early.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: