Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Look's like Saints want Bushrod back...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Look's like Saints want Bushrod back... Reply with quote

In the Black & Gold!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/01/report-saints-make-it-clear-they-want-to-keep-jermon-bushrod/

WHODAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
101stSaintsFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno. I still think that Bushrod would be much better as a guard than a Tackle. I say try to offer him a team friendly contract and hope it pans out. If not, Charlie Brown should be our new LT...Just hope he can stay healthy.

2014 Adopt a Saint:

Khiry Robinson
ATT YDS TD
32 128 1

Keenan Lewis
T PD
10 2
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

101stSaintsFan wrote:
I dunno. I still think that Bushrod would be much better as a guard than a Tackle. I say try to offer him a team friendly contract and hope it pans out. If not, Charlie Brown should be our new LT...Just hope he can stay healthy.

Couldn't disagree more with both of your points. Loomis even said at a recent press conference that if Bushrod leaves it creates a need at LT. I don't even think the front office would trust the position to a 1stround rookie. The Saints would likely bring in a veteran LT like Brandon Albert. Other than restructures and cuts Bushrod is likely the teams first priority this offseason.
101stSaintsFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saints fans are putting Bushrod on this pedestal that I don't believe he deserves to be on. He's not this wall. He's serviceable at best. I'm not saying that we dump him and waste a LT pick trying to replace him, but we don't need to break the bank for this guy either.

2014 Adopt a Saint:

Khiry Robinson
ATT YDS TD
32 128 1

Keenan Lewis
T PD
10 2
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind Bushrod back, I like continuity on the line and he's serviceable as a LT as long as he gets help when he's playing the better pass rushers. My issue is how much we pay him. He's an OK LT, but if he wants to paid like a probowl LT, then I'd rather spend a first of Lane Johnson/Eric Fisher whoever than spend 7-8M/season on Bushrod.

I'd give him 5-6M/season max. Melvin Ingram of the Chargers kill shot on Brees is still fresh on my mind.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: