Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

*** 2013 NFL Mock Draft - 2 Rounds - Updated 3/1 ***
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeGarrettsBlunt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: *** 2013 NFL Mock Draft - 2 Rounds - Updated 3/1 *** Reply with quote

Round 1:

1. Kansas City Chiefs - Luke Joeckel, OT

The Chiefs recently acquired Alex Smith. I still think Geno Smith is a possibility but not a probability anymore like it was. The Chiefs should draft Joeckel to lock down the LT position.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars - Barkevious Mingo, DE

The Jaguars need to upgrade the pass rush badly. Its unclear at the moment who's the top pass rusher, but it could end up being Mingo.

3. Oakland Raiders - Geno Smith, QB

I was considering giving the Raiders Geno Smith in my last update but I didn't think they would consider taking another QB with Palmer already there but since reports came out that they are considering taking him I think its a very distinct possibility now.

4. Philadelphia Eagles - Dion Jordan, DE/OLB

The Eagles may be looking for defensive help. If they are going to switch to the 3/4 they are going to need the personnel to make the switch. That may require another pass rusher.

5. Detroit Lions - Dee Milliner, CB

The Lions may consider taking Milliner if he's still available, which he may not be. They need help at CB and Milliner will probably go top 5 now.

6. Cleveland Browns - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR

The Browns traded out of the 6th overall pick a few years ago to let Atlanta draft Julio Jones. They may regret making that trade since JJ is a stud WR. They could remedy their mishap by staying at this pick and taking another WR that could turn into a stud like Jones. Now that Holmgren is gone they can consider taking WRs early again.

7. Arizona Cardinals - Eric Fisher, OT

Eric Fisher could go higher than this but in this scenario he falls to Arizona. The Cardinals need to rebuild their o-line so he fits nicely as the start to that rebuild.

8. Buffalo Bills - Matt Barkley, QB

The Bills need a new QB. If Geno is gone I think they will take the next available QB on their board which may be Barkley.

9. New York Jets - Ezekiel Ansah, DE/OLB

The Jets may be looking for a pass rusher with this pick. Ansah should be able to play rush linebacker with no problem.

10. Tennessee Titans - Sharrif Floyd, DT

Floyd could go a lot higher than this, but in this version of my mock he falls a bit and the Titans are more than happy to take him here.

11. San Diego Chargers - Lane Johnson, OT

The Chargers will most likely be considering an o-lineman early in this draft. They need a lot of help there. Johnson could go higher than this.

12. Miami Dolphins - Bjoern Werner, DE/OLB

The Dolphins could be looking for a pass rusher to play opposite of Cameron Wake. Werner should be able to be that player for them.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Xavier Rhodes, CB

It's not secret the Bucs need CB help. Rhodes has helped himself out a lot and I would no longer consider this pick a reach.

14. Carolina Panthers - Sheldon Richardson, DT

The Panthers need defensive tackle help. Richardson could go higher than this.

15. New Orleans Saints - Jarvis Jones, DE/OLB

The Saints could look for defensive help in the draft. If they are going to switch to a 3/4 they will need personnel to make that switch. They could look to take a rush linebacker in this draft.

16. St. Louis Rams - Kenny Vaccaro, S

The Rams could be looking for defensive help with at least one of their first round picks. They need help at safety so Vaccaro could be considered if he's on the board.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers - Star Lotulelei, DT/NT

Star's stock has fallen tremendously but I still think a team will take a chance on him in the first round. That could be the Steelers.

18. Dallas Cowboys - Chance Warmack, OG

Warmack could go much higher than this, but we've seen guards be projected to go very high and they usually end up falling further than expected. The Cowboys would be glad to take him here as they need interior o-line help.

19. New York Giants - DJ Fluker, OL

The Giants may be looking for o-line help. Unfortunately Warmack goes one pick earlier and they have to settle for a lesser prospect in Fluker. Fluker offers some versatility though as he can probably play RT or guard.

20. Chicago Bears - Jonathan Cooper, OG

The Bears need offensive line help badly. They need to protect Cutler and Marc Trestman being a QB guy I'm sure understands the important of keeping your QB on the field and standing upright.

21. Cincinnati Bengals - Desmond Trufant, CB

The Bengals may be looking for some other positions but no players really make sense at their positions of need. Instead they take a player that can offer depth at a position that needs that.

22. St. Louis Rams (From Washington) - Keenan Allen, WR

The Rams could be looking for a true #1 WR. They have a lot of #2 and slot WR types currently on the roster but no true #1.

23. Minnesota Vikings - Kevin Minter, LB

The Vikings could be looking for WR or DT help but no players available make sense for them. Instead they address another position of need in linebacker.

24. Indianapolis Colts - Damontre Moore, DE/OLB

The Colts need to take a replacement for Freeney.

25. Seattle Seahawks - Datone Jones, DE/DT

The Seahawks could be looking for interior d-line help. Jones offers some position versatility.

26. Green Bay Packers - Tavon Austin, WR

The Packers quietly need WR help. They don't care much about size of their WRs so someone like Austin could be considered. They could do a lot of things with him and Randall Cobb on the field at the same time.

27. Houston Texans - Arthur Brown, LB

The Texans could be looking for inside linebacker help. They traded away DeMeco Ryans so they need a replacement on the depth chart.

28. Denver Broncos - Johnthan Banks, CB

The Broncos could be looking for a cornerback in this draft. Champ Bailey is nearing the end of his career and they should take someone to learn from him and eventually replace him.

29. New England Patriots - Robert Woods, WR

I could see the Patriots taking Robert Woods. He was once projected to go top 5, he has fallen due to a poor season. But the Patriots like to take players that have fallen from a once very high ranking and return them to top form.

30. Atlanta Falcons - Alex Okafor, DE

The Falcons could be looking for d-line help. I think they will take the best DT or DE available. That could be Okafor here.

31. San Francisco 49ers - David Amerson, CB

The 49ers could be looking for cornerback depth in the draft. As I expected, Amerson is boomeranging and working his way back up like Gilmore did last year.

32. Baltimore Ravens - Matt Elam, S

If Ed Reed goes to another team the Ravens will need to find his replacement.

Round 2:

33. Jacksonville Jaguars - Kawann Short, DT

Another defensive line upgrade. They need to upgrade the pass rush badly so taking a DE and a DT should do that.

34. San Francisco 49ers (From Kansas City) - Tyler Eifert, TE

The 49ers have a ton of picks and hardly any needs. They can afford to take a luxury pick like Eifert.

35. Philadelphia Eagles - Jonathan Cyprien, S

The Eagles need safety help badly and it could be addressed within the first few rounds.

36. Detroit Lions - Larry Warford, OG

The Lions need guard help. Warford is one of the BPA so this pick fits their MO.

37. Cincinnati Bengals (From Oakland) - Alec Ogletree, LB

The Bengals could be looking for a linebacker in this draft. They don't have a lot of needs but LB should be addressed.

38. Arizona Cardinals - EJ Manuel, QB

The Cardinals could look for QB help in the draft. EJ Manuel has a chance to be the third QB taken though its unclear at this time.

39. New York Jets - DeAndre Hopkins, WR

The Jets could be looking for WR help. They struggled mightily at the position especially after Santonio Holmes got injured.

40. Tennessee Titans - Sam Montgomery, DE

The Titans could look for a DE in addition to a DT. There are a lot of pass rushers in this draft so at least one has to fall out of the first round.

41. Buffalo Bills - Manti Te'o, LB

The Bills need linebacker help. Te'o could fall further than this but if he's here at this pick, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills stopped his slide.

42. Miami Dolphins - Jamar Taylor, CB

The Dolphins could be looking for a cornerback in this draft.

43. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Johnathan Hankins, DT

The Bucs have a lot of options with this pick but one way they could go is DT. Hankins is one of the BPA so this pick is good value.

44. Carolina Panthers - Terron Armstead, OT

The Panthers could be looking for an offensive tackle in this draft.

45. San Diego Chargers - Jordan Poyer, CB

The Chargers could be looking for a CB in this draft. There are a few that should go in round 2 so at least one of them should be available here.

46. St. Louis Rams - Johnathan Jenkins, DT

The Rams could be looking for a DT to pair with Brockers.

47. Dallas Cowboys - Tyler Wilson, QB

I think the Cowboys could surprise everyone during the draft and take a QB. Especially if one like Wilson falls to them in round 2.

48. Pittsburgh Steelers - DJ Swearinger, S

The Steelers need to find a safety to take over for Palamalu. Swearinger could go higher than this.

49. New York Giants - Khaseem Greene, LB

The Giants could be looking for a linebacker in this draft. LB was another staple of the Giants that has fallen off a bit.

50. Chicago Bears - Zach Ertz, TE

The Bears may be looking for a TE in this draft. Their current TEs aren't that great and Cutler could use another weapon.

51. Washington Redskins - Eric Reid, S

The Redskins need safety help and could look for one with this pick. Reid could go much higher than this, but in this version of my mock he falls a little.

52. Minnesota Vikings - Justin Hunter, WR

The Vikings biggest need may be WR. They should consider taking one with one of their first two picks.

53. Cincinnati Bengals - Terrance Williams, WR

The Bengals could be looking for a #2 WR to play opposite of AJ Green. They could take someone earlier than this but in this version of my mock, they opt for other players at their earlier picks.

54. Miami Dolphins (From Indianapolis) - Quinton Patton, WR

The Dolphins probably need to take a WR in this draft. Philbin doesn't seem to care too much about size of WRs so they could take someone like Patton.

55. Seattle Seahawks - Aaron Dobson, WR

The Seahawks need WR help. They need to help Golden Tate and provide Russell Wilson with another weapon.

56. Green Bay Packers - Eddie Lacy, RB

The Packers should consider taking a RB so they don't have to keep recycling RBs like Ryan Grant.

57. Houston Texans - Jesse Williams, NT

The Texans could be looking for NT depth. Jesse Williams could go a lot higher than this, but in this version of my mock he falls to them here.

58. Denver Broncos - Phillip Thomas, S

The Broncos could be looking for a safety in addition to a CB.

59. New England Patriots - Barrett Jones, OL

For a while I had Jones going to the Patriots in the first round. He has fallen a bit--a lot--but it would be a typical Patriots move for them to end up with him at this pick. He seems like a good fit due to his versatility.

60. Atlanta Falcons - Giovani Bernard, RB

The Falcons cut Michael Turner and I'm not sure they think Jacquizz Rodgers can carry the load by himself. They may need another RB in this draft.

61. San Francisco 49ers - Margus Hunt, DE/DT

The 49ers could look for help on the defensive line. They need depth there and someone like Hunt could be a nice fit.

62. Baltimore Ravens - Kyle Long, OT

The Ravens may need some offensive line help. If they think someone like Kyle Long could play LT that could allow their offensive line to settle into place.

2014 NFL Mock Draft - Updated 12/30

Last edited by LeGarrettsBlunt on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Trufant, but with Allen there, I woukld be hardpressed not to pair him with AJGreen.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
I like Trufant, but with Allen there, I woukld be hardpressed not to pair him with AJGreen.

I'm ok with either

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
LeGarrettsBlunt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated with a second round added.

Comments and feedback appreciated.

2014 NFL Mock Draft - Updated 12/30
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Bengals draft would be fine
meixdaddy_10

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lb is a need but we prefer Brown over Minter.

RD2 is perfect!!!!!!!
ottawagiants10

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy with that draft as a Giants fan though I doubt they take a RT#1. But a guy can hope
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:

With Ogletree and Williams, Trufant makes sense and I love it.
FLOODx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Saints pick

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
RamRod

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rams will not go defense with both of their firsts. There's no question about that. And I think one of our firsts has to be an O-lineman.
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's probably the LAST two guys I'd like to see Buffalo select with their first two picks. Evil or Very Mad
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not hate this at all.
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be the worst Bills draft ive seen. Barkley I dont think will fit in well in Buffalo with the cold weather and not having a strong arm. Switching to the 3-4 4-3 hybrid I dont think Te'o is a great fit either, they will be looking for faster LBs like Kasheem Green.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
mark83

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleveland has a pretty good WR taken in the 2nd round supplemental draft, who is our number 1 and Greg Little who was a 2nd round pick who came on strong last year and some other young receivers. We need a CB, OLB, S and OG before we need a WR. I would got Milliner, Jones, and maybe even Ansha before WR at 6.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Floyd in the 1st but I'd prefer Star. I hate the 2nd round pick. The Titans already have enough quitters on their team, don't need another. Swearinger should be the pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: