Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My crazy thought… but could I be on to something?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3135
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
Just rewatched Ogletree in the SEC championship game. That tackle on the goal line tho!


Yeah, dude can fill the gap! Stoped Lacy (who is a load) in his tracks and created a turnover... Also like earilier when he lit up McCarron.

Watching that game, I know Ogletree only ran a 4.7 at the combine but he plays much faster! Consistantly ran down Yeldon sideline to sideline in the SEC championship and he's got stupid speed!
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o


Last edited by whodatworm23 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
FLOODx


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 6014
Location: New Orleans
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:
Just rewatched Ogletree in the SEC championship game. That tackle on the goal line tho!


Yeah, dude can fill the gap! Stoped Lacy (who is a load) in his tracks and created a turnover... Also like earilier when he lit up McCarron.


Yeah I didn't really see the helmet to helmet.. could just be me though
_________________

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3135
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:
Just rewatched Ogletree in the SEC championship game. That tackle on the goal line tho!


Yeah, dude can fill the gap! Stoped Lacy (who is a load) in his tracks and created a turnover... Also like earilier when he lit up McCarron.


Yeah I didn't really see the helmet to helmet.. could just be me though


That's the way it is these days... if it looks like it they are gonna call it! Stupid rule, I get it but the refs are to lose with the flags on H to H in my opinion.
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
FLOODx


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 6014
Location: New Orleans
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:
Just rewatched Ogletree in the SEC championship game. That tackle on the goal line tho!


Yeah, dude can fill the gap! Stoped Lacy (who is a load) in his tracks and created a turnover... Also like earilier when he lit up McCarron.


Yeah I didn't really see the helmet to helmet.. could just be me though


That's the way it is these days... if it looks like it they are gonna call it! Stupid rule, I get it but the refs are to lose with the flags on H to H in my opinion.


Yeah if a QB gets hit hard anywhere other than between the knees and belly button it's a penalty
_________________

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sammymvpknight


Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Posts: 3399
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that I am the only one here who thinks that Ogletree is a poor and stupid mans Jon Vilma. He's too small, lacks the IQ, and can't shed blocks well enough to play 3-4 ILB. Not to mention he may have a substance abuse issue. Red flags galore for our scheme.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3135
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
I guess that I am the only one here who thinks that Ogletree is a poor and stupid mans Jon Vilma. He's too small, lacks the IQ, and can't shed blocks well enough to play 3-4 ILB. Not to mention he may have a substance abuse issue. Red flags galore for our scheme.


I guess so...

1. He's a much better prospect coming out of Georgia than Vilma was coming out of Miami.

2. Stupid off the field sure but he's actually shown a high football IQ as both a safety and middle linebacker in college.

3. I don't agree with the "to small" label. Sure he needs to add bulk but so does many of the defenders in this draft but he like alot of others that don't in this class actually possesses the frame and length to add weight without losing his athletic ability. Remember, the kid is 6'3" 241 lbs right now with the ability to get bigger.

4. Yes, Ogletree needs to learn how to use his hands better when engaging O-Lineman and fullbacks but to say he can't get off blocks is wrong. Many times his instincts and speed get him past the blockers before they even arrive.

5. Depends on what type of 34 your talking about... He's developed into a top 10 talent at the position as an inside linebacker in Georgia's 34 scheme. Yes he's a versatile athlete that can play many positions in many different schemes but that dosen't mean it excludes him from ours, it actually makes him more valuable to us in Rob Ryans sub packages and nickel defense.


I understand people may not like the kid due to his personal problems and that I can't disagree with but the others I do.
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sammymvpknight


Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Posts: 3399
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
sammymvpknight wrote:
I guess that I am the only one here who thinks that Ogletree is a poor and stupid mans Jon Vilma. He's too small, lacks the IQ, and can't shed blocks well enough to play 3-4 ILB. Not to mention he may have a substance abuse issue. Red flags galore for our scheme.


I guess so...

1. He's a much better prospect coming out of Georgia than Vilma was coming out of Miami.

2. Stupid off the field sure but he's actually shown a high football IQ as both a safety and middle linebacker in college.

3. I don't agree with the "to small" label. Sure he needs to add bulk but so does many of the defenders in this draft but he like alot of others that don't in this class actually possesses the frame and length to add weight without losing his athletic ability. Remember, the kid is 6'3" 241 lbs right now with the ability to get bigger.

4. Yes, Ogletree needs to learn how to use his hands better when engaging O-Lineman and fullbacks but to say he can't get off blocks is wrong. Many times his instincts and speed get him past the blockers before they even arrive.

5. Depends on what type of 34 your talking about... He's developed into a top 10 talent at the position as an inside linebacker in Georgia's 34 scheme. Yes he's a versatile athlete that can play many positions in many different schemes but that dosen't mean it excludes him from ours, it actually makes him more valuable to us in Rob Ryans sub packages and nickel defense.


I understand people may not like the kid due to his personal problems and that I can't disagree with but the others I do.


Forgot to mention. The Saints have Lofton, Hawthorne, and Vilma who all play ILB. Not to mention that I believe that Wilson is best fit at ILB.

NOT A FAN OF OGLETREE AT ALL.

I watched Georgia six times last season and I came away from With this impression: Jarvis Jones is a beast and a one man wrecking crew. Ogletree is a serious liability against the rum against the run and does not have a great football IQ. Once a blocker puts a finger on him...game over. You cannot have a 3-4 ILB who is incapable of run defense. He is a nickel LB on the Saints.

And he is either an idiot or has a substance abuse issue. Pass.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 21570
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT?!?! Vilma was a MUCH better prospect coming out of Miami, thats not even a question. Theirs no argument to even be made for that, he was twice the prospect Ogletree is.
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sammymvpknight


Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Posts: 3399
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
WHAT?!?! Vilma was a MUCH better prospect coming out of Miami, thats not even a question. Theirs no argument to even be made for that, he was twice the prospect Ogletree is.


Agree. I don't even see how this is debatable. Vilma was a better athlete and football player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
navysaintsfan


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 11158
Location: Frednecksburg, VA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
WHAT?!?! Vilma was a MUCH better prospect coming out of Miami, thats not even a question. Theirs no argument to even be made for that, he was twice the prospect Ogletree is.


Agree. I don't even see how this is debatable. Vilma was a better athlete and football player.


This...not interested in Ogletree at all.
_________________

Kenny Vaccaro; coming soon to a town near you to screw up your QB's day. ATL first on the knock-off list. #RISEUPFORWHAT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hypnotic


Joined: 11 Feb 2013
Posts: 20
Location: New Orleans
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wanting the Saints to draft a linebacker with their first pick ever since I became interested the entire draft process. I really wanted us to trade up to grab Sean Weatherspoon a couple years ago but I'm pretty sure we all know how that ended up Crying or Very sad Anyways, I think Ogletree would be a steal for us the thought that we could potentially trade down and still get our guy is great. Let those picks pile up!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raves


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Posts: 17736
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC didn't everyone say that Laurinaitis couldn't use his hands, when got engaged he couldn't separate, his coverage skills were good, but his tackling was mediocre as he often would meet them past the LOS? Now he's one of the best MLBs in the NFL, there are very few I would take over him honestly.

Granted I know it's an Ohio State guy I'm using as an example, but it's just proving a point. What might be considered a weakness, especially since it looks like our 3-4 will resemble a 4-3 quite a bit as well, I think Ogletree would be a great pick-up, especially with a trade back.
_________________

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 21570
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
IIRC didn't everyone say that Laurinaitis couldn't use his hands, when got engaged he couldn't separate, his coverage skills were good, but his tackling was mediocre as he often would meet them past the LOS? Now he's one of the best MLBs in the NFL, there are very few I would take over him honestly.

Granted I know it's an Ohio State guy I'm using as an example, but it's just proving a point. What might be considered a weakness, especially since it looks like our 3-4 will resemble a 4-3 quite a bit as well, I think Ogletree would be a great pick-up, especially with a trade back.

Well the first two aren't really issues for a 4-3 MLB, but they are huge issues for a 3-4 ILB and I think the only positive thing about Laurinaitis coming out was his sure tackling ability.
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 3739
Location: Louisiana (NS922 on the sig)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Raves wrote:
IIRC didn't everyone say that Laurinaitis couldn't use his hands, when got engaged he couldn't separate, his coverage skills were good, but his tackling was mediocre as he often would meet them past the LOS? Now he's one of the best MLBs in the NFL, there are very few I would take over him honestly.

Granted I know it's an Ohio State guy I'm using as an example, but it's just proving a point. What might be considered a weakness, especially since it looks like our 3-4 will resemble a 4-3 quite a bit as well, I think Ogletree would be a great pick-up, especially with a trade back.

Well the first two aren't really issues for a 4-3 MLB, but they are huge issues for a 3-4 ILB and I think the only positive thing about Laurinaitis coming out was his sure tackling ability.


Laurinitis coulnt play 3-4 ILB to save his life. He is strictly a 4-3 MLB.
_________________


PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan: 1 tackle
Joseph Morgan: Absolutely nothing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group