Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

J'Marcus Webb arrested..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
It's weed, who cares.

I understand where you're coming from. As a fellow Canadian myself I'm dumbfounded on how serious they take marijuana possession as a crime in the US. Here in Canada if you get caught with a little weed the cops will just confiscate it and let you be on your way...as it should be. This isn't crack cocaine or heroin here.

With all that being said though J'Marcus still kind of dropped the ball having that kind of paraphernalia in his car when he decided to speed and make himself a huge target for police. As a professional athlete he has to understand he can't be putting himself in these positions and understand the consequences of breaking the law. Seriously though, I'm not going to blame him for smoking a little weed in the off season. I've heard tons of stories from actual player sources who have played/play in the NFL that say weed smoking is prevalent among NFL players. Not a big shock here for something pretty harmless.
I know a guy how murdered 3 people while driving high. He killed a young engaged couple and there unborn child. Some people (like that family) think it's a big deal.
Murder is quite specific and I doubt that anyone has been convicted of murder after driving high. One high on marijuana is likely to drive slower and be unlikely to speed unlike one on cocaine.
I would make an extremely strong suggestion you don't question this, since its clear you have no idea what you are talking about.
You can take your "extremely strong suggestion" and put it where it might be of use. My guess is I know much more about weed and what is considered "murder" than you.

It might be best if these cases were charged as "murder" but the fact is they are not for several reasons.
Actually there is only 1 reason, the crime of murder requires malice aforethought.

Here's a news clip of what someone who is under the influence of cannibus is effected while driving, pay particular att to "heavy user" Addy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw1HavgoK9E

But again its you spouting off at the mouth about something you claim to no more about than the rest of us, even though the rest of us my have some actual knowledge about the subject you are not aware of.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Landru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does there really need to be any more discussion? Webb wasn't charged with anything, so nothing will come of this. None of us are qualified to debate about how different drugs affect driving ability, and it's not even known if Webb had actually used any drugs before driving.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
It's weed, who cares.

I understand where you're coming from. As a fellow Canadian myself I'm dumbfounded on how serious they take marijuana possession as a crime in the US. Here in Canada if you get caught with a little weed the cops will just confiscate it and let you be on your way...as it should be. This isn't crack cocaine or heroin here.

With all that being said though J'Marcus still kind of dropped the ball having that kind of paraphernalia in his car when he decided to speed and make himself a huge target for police. As a professional athlete he has to understand he can't be putting himself in these positions and understand the consequences of breaking the law. Seriously though, I'm not going to blame him for smoking a little weed in the off season. I've heard tons of stories from actual player sources who have played/play in the NFL that say weed smoking is prevalent among NFL players. Not a big shock here for something pretty harmless.
I know a guy how murdered 3 people while driving high. He killed a young engaged couple and there unborn child. Some people (like that family) think it's a big deal.
Murder is quite specific and I doubt that anyone has been convicted of murder after driving high. One high on marijuana is likely to drive slower and be unlikely to speed unlike one on cocaine.
I would make an extremely strong suggestion you don't question this, since its clear you have no idea what you are talking about.
You can take your "extremely strong suggestion" and put it where it might be of use. My guess is I know much more about weed and what is considered "murder" than you.

It might be best if these cases were charged as "murder" but the fact is they are not for several reasons.
Actually there is only 1 reason, the crime of murder requires malice aforethought.

Here's a news clip of what someone who is under the influence of cannibus is effected while driving, pay particular att to "heavy user" Addy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw1HavgoK9E

But again its you spouting off at the mouth about something you claim to no more about than the rest of us, even though the rest of us my have some actual knowledge about the subject you are not aware of. Your assumptions are just that and invalid to boot. I did not claim to "no" more than the "rest" of us.
Apparently you did not watch this carefully. 1- they repeatedly spoke of the drivers as driving too slow (exactly what I said), 2 - they were careful until more pot was smoked. 3 - if someone smokes a gram of what appears to very high quality pot they do not want to drive at all. 4 - if someone is given pot of a much higher quality than they are used to they will get wiped out. 5 - don't you believe we should have some idea of their driving skills prior to smoking to evaluate this impairment. 6 - pot affects different people differently as well. Some get sleepy, some it wakes up.

How do you know I have not been smoking pot for four or five decades?

If the video was supposed to show that you can smoke enough to get wiped out it succeeded other than that it was just typical media crap.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locking this since discussion is well off on a tangent.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: