Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The please don't let us draft him thread!!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKRNA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading down wouldn't surprise me at all. From most analysis it seems like each position has only one or two exciting/can't miss prospects but after about #20 it's hard to distinguish between the nezt 30+ players.

OG/OT/DT and DE seem to be especially stocked.

If a top talent drops close to us I could see us moving a few spots to grab him. If no one falls a trade back would make sense.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading down wouldn't surprise me at all. From most analysis it seems like each position has only one or two exciting/can't miss prospects but after about #20 it's hard to distinguish between the nezt 30+ players.

If a top talent drops close to us I could see us moving a few spots to grab him. If no one falls a trade back would make sense.
germ-x

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:

I agree, i would add DB and WR to that list as well. To touch on what JF27 mentioned, i too could see like 30 different players getting picked in the late 1st round. There just isn't a lot separating guys ranked in the late 1st compared to guys projected to go in the late 2nd and even into the 3rd round.

For an example, take Baylor WR Terrance Williams. It wouldn't surprise me if a team fell in love with his ability as a vertical threat and grabbed him in the 1st round, while it also wouldn't surprise me if he lasts into round 3. Honestly, i could say this about 8 WR's in this class, the same goes for the DL, and DB's. NC State CB David Amerson is another one. I could see a team falling in love with his playmaking ability and taking him in round 1, but i could also see him being a guy that lasts into the 3rd round.

Its why i wouldn't have a problem with the team trading back and getting better value.

Its going to be an interesting draft with a lot of surprises, IMO.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

I agree, i would add DB and WR to that list as well. To touch on what JF27 mentioned, i too could see like 30 different players getting picked in the late 1st round. There just isn't a lot separating guys ranked in the late 1st compared to guys projected to go in the late 2nd and even into the 3rd round.

For an example, take Baylor WR Terrance Williams. It wouldn't surprise me if a team fell in love with his ability as a vertical threat and grabbed him in the 1st round, while it also wouldn't surprise me if he lasts into round 3. Honestly, i could say this about 8 WR's in this class, the same goes for the DL, and DB's. NC State CB David Amerson is another one. I could see a team falling in love with his playmaking ability and taking him in round 1, but i could also see him being a guy that lasts into the 3rd round.

Its why i wouldn't have a problem with the team trading back and getting better value.

Here here. Theres just so many different conversations that can be had for about 50 players in the 1st round. If we can trade our 1st to move into the high 2nd and get a high-3rd for it too, that would be fine with me.

If "our guy" like last year doesnt fall to us, go back and get some more picks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
germ-x wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Here here. Theres just so many different conversations that can be had for about 50 players in the 1st round. If we can trade our 1st to move into the high 2nd and get a high-3rd for it too, that would be fine with me.

If "our guy" like last year doesnt fall to us, go back and get some more picks.

I couldn't agree with you two more. For the life of me, I can think of a large amount of players at multiple positions that we could take.

This years draft seems like total guesswork for a "mocker". Whatever they do I'll be pleased with (or at least temper my judgement). Second guessing Elway et al hasn't been a winning proposition since they started.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: