Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 mock draft, take 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramsfan4lyfe8

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: 2013 mock draft, take 2 Reply with quote

Let go-
Danny Amendola. Expecting way to much and IMO isn't worth what he is asking.

Steven Jackson. As much as this hurts to say, his time in the Lou are over. He just doesn't have that same elite talent like he used to. He dances way to much before he hits the hole (something he had always done) and lacks that burst he used to have. He will go on and finish his career somewhere else and hopefully get a ring.

Craig Dahl. Lol should I even elaborate?

Key cuts

Wayne Hunter OT. He is due way to much money for a back up. If he could restructure and come back on an incentive driven contract I would be ok with it. You can never have to many linemen.

Quinten Mikell S. again he is just due way to much money to keep him around. If he could be worked out for a smaller cap hit I would be all for it but at his age and production he isn't worth $7+ million.

Key resigns
Darian Stewart S. I like him alot and if Q does not come back I would be even more for this.

William Hayes DE. He definitely can be in a spot role and definitely like him in a rotational role.

Rob Turner OT. Again can never have enough linemen.

Free agency

Kenny Phillips SS. I don't see us making a huge splash and getting Louis Delmas but Kenny Phillips is a very good consolation to me. Pair him up with our corners and that's a very talented young group of DB's.

Shonn Green RB. Good back who I think can come back and revitalize his career. IIRC he had a very respectable career with Shotty in New York. He can come in and take the load off Pead/Richardson with Steven departing.

Branden Albert OT. This is our biggest splash in free agency. Albert is a very good tackle and will come at a price but he is still young and has not hit his prime IMO. I think moving Saffold over to the right side and putting Albert on the left will help to solidify our line because I think the brunt of the talent at tackle will be gone by our pick at 16 so free agency is our best way to go.

Brandon Moore OG. Moore is gonna be 33 next year but he still has alot if tread left on his tires. The jets running game was their only bright spot last year and he definitely had alot to do with it. I think with us getting him and Branden Albert will be the best scenario for us because again I feel as if Chance Warmack will be gone.

2013 Draft:

Round 1 (16)
Cordarelle Patterson WR Tennessee. You all know how I have been riding the Cordarelle Patterson train. He is 6'3" 205lbs with potential to add 15 or so pounds without losing any speed. He is a very speedy guy who can take the top off the defense but still can go across the middle. I haven't seen him get the alligator arms very much on tape and I think with some real nfl coaching this kid could really be a matchup nightmare on Sundays.

Round 1 (22)
Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame. In today's NFL the sixth looking offensive linemen playing right end is over. Now it is about the tall athletic basketball player looking tight ends that are coveted. Eifert is just that. He is big he is physical he can block but most of all he gives us a threat on offense that we haven't had for quite sometime. With him and Patterson our offense goes from boring to one of the most exciting in the league with shonn Green as well.

Round 2
Khaseeme Greene LB Rutgers.
Khaseeme Greene is my favorite prospect out of this entire draft class. He is 6'2" 240 lbs and runs like a DB (because he was a safety at Rutgers) when he converted to a linebacker he said it would take some time getting used to the switch. Well that was pretty quick as he lead the Scarlett knights in tackles and interceptions the past two seasons. So he caught on pretty quick. I'm being very bold here but in 5 years Khaseeme Greene will be an all pro linebacker. Mark it down.

Round 3
Justin Pugh Guard Syracuse
We need to sure up this line to make sure Sam doesn't get David Carr syndrome. We sured up the tackle spots and one guard spot during free agency but I'm not sure how well Rok works out and if he comes back from that ankle injury. I hope he does but if there is any question about it I would look to upgrade. Pugh is a big physical guard who could come in day one as a starter. He would sure up that like for years and help create holes for days. He has first round talent IMO and if it wouldn't be for such a deep class of interior linemen he would be a late first early second round prospect.

Round 4
Everette Dawkins DT FSU. Dawkins has alot of talent and would fit very nicely in with our group of tackles now. I was really thinking about going with his teammate Tank Carradine early on but just couldn't see using a high pick on a situational pass rusher coming off a torn ACL. But he will be something special in the league with whoever takes him.

Round 5
Michael Mauti LB Penn State. Mauti is a born leader. He is the kind of player you want in your locker room. Not only that but he is one hell of a ball player. I know our line backing corps is pretty solid through this draft but to have him on special teams or spot starting would be great. He is a phenomenal talent and man and any team would be delighted to have him.

Round 6
Jarred Holley S Pitt. Holley is one of my close friends and I have known him since we were about 10 years old. He can flat out ball. He is undersized height wise at 5'10 but is 195 lbs so he can make up for it. He runs a 4.5 and can definitely lay the lumber. Very good instincts and very smart player. Would be awesome to see St. Louis pick him up.

Round 7
Devonte Holloman LB South Carolina
Holloman is a very good linebacker who can come in and help out on special teams and provide good depth as he can play all three linebacker spots.

Ok guys what do you all think? Would you be happy or disappointed with this mock if it were to really happen? Sorry for no depth chart/pictures as this was all done completely on my iPhone.
Wr80

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow if get we Patterson we easily got the best upside WR of the whole draft. I like him or Allen.
Rams4Life523

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Patterson pick, but I have a feeling that he won't be there for us when it's time to pick. I don't like the Tyler Eifert with the #22 pick, that pick could go to filling a void at safety or guard. Two linebackers is understandable, but three might be stretching it just a bit.
ramsfan4lyfe8

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams4Life523 wrote:
I love the Patterson pick, but I have a feeling that he won't be there for us when it's time to pick. I don't like the Tyler Eifert with the #22 pick, that pick could go to filling a void at safety or guard. Two linebackers is understandable, but three might be stretching it just a bit.

I could see Patterson going to the jets at 9 but I could also see him dropping a little to us just because of the only 1 year of high college ball. And yeah the 3 may be over kill but they are BPA and with guys like that I could see us finding a spot for them. Especially Mauti.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your free agent signings are not realistic. no way can we afford all of those guys.

I'm not too excited about the 1st round. Patterson is potentially the most talented reciever, however, he is a project and we already drafted one of those last year. Eifert, I will never like in the 1st. Rest of it looks relatively solid (but heavy on LB's)
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it but too many Free agents for us to be able to sign in my opinion. I like the early round picks. Phillips and Albert would be to costly with what cap space we have to work with this year.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not crazy about Patterson or Pugh.
SJax39

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, especially the Mauti pick.

[b]CLOWNEY WILL NOT MAKE IT PAST #2
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:

I'm not crazy about Patterson. Everyone talks about his playmaking ability but Austin is a better playmaker plus a better returner, more polished and will contribute sooner.

Plus I love Eifert pass catching ability but like jry has said why would anyone pass on a top WR to take a top TE?
ramsfan4lyfe8

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerekBrink wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

I'm not crazy about Patterson. Everyone talks about his playmaking ability but Austin is a better playmaker plus a better returner, more polished and will contribute sooner.

Plus I love Eifert pass catching ability but like jry has said why would anyone pass on a top WR to take a top TE?

So are you saying you would rather double dip at wide out with Patterson and Austin as opposed to Eifert? (Not trying to sound smug just asking) and you don't like Pugh? Why is that?
ramsfan4lyfe8

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
I like it but too many Free agents for us to be able to sign in my opinion. I like the early round picks. Phillips and Albert would be to costly with what cap space we have to work with this year.

Idk. I could see Albert getting a larger contract, but smaller than what Carl Nicks got last year and Kenny Phillips getting a 2 year $10 million contract so definitely attainable. Nothing really crazy there. If Branden Albert is asking for more then I would pass but I don't think the market will be that high with such a deep class of tackles this year so they will come a little cheaper.
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan4lyfe8 wrote:
DerekBrink wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

So are you saying you would rather double dip at wide out with Patterson and Austin as opposed to Eifert? (Not trying to sound smug just asking) and you don't like Pugh? Why is that?

I didn't say anything about Pugh. I personally wouldn't grab Patterson and Austin. Patterson is more a playmaker than a WR and Austin will fill that role if we draft him.

If we were to draft two wide receivers I'd take a playmaker like Austin and either a polished guy like Hopkins/Wheaton or a guy with big upside like Da'Rick Rogers/Hunter.

Honestly I just don't think another TE is needed at this point. I'd prefer taking one WR and an interior linemen in round 1.
ramsfan4lyfe8

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerekBrink wrote:
ramsfan4lyfe8 wrote:
DerekBrink wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

I didn't say anything about Pugh. I personally wouldn't grab Patterson and Austin. Patterson is more a playmaker than a WR and Austin will fill that role if we draft him.

If we were to draft two wide receivers I'd take a playmaker like Austin and either a polished guy like Hopkins/Wheaton or a guy with big upside like Da'Rick Rogers/Hunter.

Honestly I just don't think another TE is needed at this point. I'd prefer taking one WR and an interior linemen in round 1.

Oh ok I understand where you're coming from. But I think that play maker is what we need and what we have lacked for years now. I think Patterson can be coached to be an all around player and be better than Austin IMO. But the way my mock went down there were no quality interior line lent there for the 22nd pick and Eifert is one of the best players in the draft regardless of position so I went with BPA and that just so happened to be him and it's growing into a two TE league. I think with the way the free agents worked out we could focus on the offensive side of the ball with our first round picks. The free agents are all very realistic and could happen. Do I think it will in real life no but it is plausible. If the first round went down like that there is no way anyone could say that isn't a very very scary offense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: