Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2013 War Room -- The Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan what so ever. This draft is stacked with WR talent in the 2nd and 3rd. Patterson is raw and not even close to the player Jones is. Not a fan at all.

Hopkins, woods , Austin, bailey, swope. All guys that I would have been happy with.

Ugh. Sorry man I just hate how we have up all our pick in te heart of this draft. Patterson isn't worth that muh
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add to the fact we signed a lot of WR talent. No value.
simonwayne

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OILCHIEFS wrote:

We signed WR talent that has already reached it's full potential. What if Baldwin doesn't get any better, what happens after this year? We are screwed. Patterson is above the other WR prospects in my opinion, and was BPA from where we took him. Now that Tavon Austin was just taken there is likely to be a run on WR's and if we stayed with our current pick we would be left with who? In real life I wouldn't give up the future 1st but in FFMD future picks are valued less. The difference between trading up for Patterson and staying is kind of like the difference between Baldwin and Julio Jones in my opinion, because most of the good WR's will be gone by our 2nd round pick. Sure, there will be serviceable ones left, but not near the level of a Patterson. Don't underestimate Patterson. He will go in the top 10 in the real world. He is the total package and could become better than Bowe ever was with his skillset.

I guess your opinion of this trade depends on your opinion of Patterson and maybe on how you value future picks in FFMD.
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
OILCHIEFS wrote:

We signed WR talent that has already reached it's full potential. What if Baldwin doesn't get any better, what happens after this year? We are screwed. Patterson is above the other WR prospects in my opinion, and was BPA from where we took him. Now that Tavon Austin was just taken there is likely to be a run on WR's and if we stayed with our current pick we would be left with who? In real life I wouldn't give up the future 1st but in FFMD future picks are valued less. The difference between trading up for Patterson and staying is kind of like the difference between Baldwin and Julio Jones in my opinion, because most of the good WR's will be gone by our 2nd round pick. Sure, there will be serviceable ones left, but not near the level of a Patterson. Don't underestimate Patterson. He will go in the top 10 in the real world. He is the total package and could become better than Bowe ever was with his skillset.

I guess your opinion of this trade depends on your opinion of Patterson and maybe on how you value future picks in FFMD.

Realistic in FFMD but I like to think of FFMD of what I would do in a real life situation given the chance. And yes it completely depends on how we value Patterson.

Personally, a guy with 800 receiving yards and 5 TDs in his only year. is not worth a 2nd, 3rd and 1st.

But I guess that's where the fundamental difference is here. Since we don't have any picks for awhile, things will be dead for awhile. I'll probably focus on other things. Good doing FFMD with you man!
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
I like Patterson. Solid job.

Jakuvious wrote:
I would not support that trade whatsoever in real life, but this is FFMD. Who freaking cares about next year's first?

Glad to hear you guys aren't upset with the decision...
simonwayne

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OILCHIEFS wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
OILCHIEFS wrote:

Realistic in FFMD but I like to think of FFMD of what I would do in a real life situation given the chance. And yes it completely depends on how we value Patterson.

Personally, a guy with 800 receiving yards and 5 TDs in his only year. is not worth a 2nd, 3rd and 1st.

But I guess that's where the fundamental difference is here. Since we don't have any picks for awhile, things will be dead for awhile. I'll probably focus on other things. Good doing FFMD with you man!

Yes his receiving stats don't blow you out of the water but Tennessee would line him up all over the field and let him make plays. He is one of the best open field runners I have ever seen from the WR position. He had 1,858 all purpose yards and 10 total TD's. The potential is there for him to be up there with Calvin Johnson and AJ Green. His combine was pretty impressive as well. His 4.41 time is definitely impressive for a guy his size, but if you watch the tape of him running it he almost just stood up straight off the start which definitely cost him some time. Had he gotten off to a normal start it's probably closer to a 4.30

Last edited by simonwayne on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
OILCHIEFS wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
OILCHIEFS wrote:

Yes his receiving stats don't blow you out of the water but Tennessee would line him up all over the field and let him make plays. He is one of the best open field runners I have ever seen. He had 1,858 all purpose yards and 10 total TD's. The potential is there for him to be up there with Calvin Johnson and AJ Green. His combine was pretty impressive as well. His 4.41 time is definitely impressive for a guy his size, but if you watch the tape of him running it he almost just stood up straight off the start which definitely cost him some time. Had he gotten off to a normal start it's probably closer to a 4.30

Same with Baldwin
simonwayne

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OILCHIEFS wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
OILCHIEFS wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
OILCHIEFS wrote:

Yes his receiving stats don't blow you out of the water but Tennessee would line him up all over the field and let him make plays. He is one of the best open field runners I have ever seen. He had 1,858 all purpose yards and 10 total TD's. The potential is there for him to be up there with Calvin Johnson and AJ Green. His combine was pretty impressive as well. His 4.41 time is definitely impressive for a guy his size, but if you watch the tape of him running it he almost just stood up straight off the start which definitely cost him some time. Had he gotten off to a normal start it's probably closer to a 4.30

Same with Baldwin

What do you mean? Patterson was somewhat close to getting as many total yards in one season as Baldwin did in 3 years at Pittsburgh, and Patterson was playing vs tougher competition. Patterson is clearly, undoubtedly the better prospect, and that's without even using hindsight.
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But we drafted him to be our #1 WR. So I'm looking at receiving stats. Baldwin beat him twice.

I'm just saying you can have all the potential to be great but it doesn't always turn out.

I would be fine taking that risk if we had a pick in the value range. But we gave up an insane amount of value in the heart of the draft for a guy based on potential. Not great business

Discussion will get us nowhere. If you want to create a thread to continue it , go ahead. Just like you were when they shot down your trades, I'm just a little sore that I put in a lot of time to not have any say in a major decision. Ill get over it.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the champagne is flowing freely in the Viking forum.

we traded away Percy Harvin, but have the following picks:

Rnd 2 #34
Rnd 2 #44
Rnd 2 #54

Rnd 3 #65
Rnd 3 #85

Rnd 4 #101
Rnd 4 #119

Rnd 5 #150

Rnd 6 #183

Rnd 7 #199
Rnd 7 #215

2014 1st from KC

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
the champagne is flowing freely in the Viking forum.

we traded away Percy Harvin, but have the following picks:

Rnd 2 #34
Rnd 2 #44
Rnd 2 #54

Rnd 3 #65
Rnd 3 #85

Rnd 4 #101
Rnd 4 #119

Rnd 5 #150

Rnd 6 #183

Rnd 7 #199
Rnd 7 #215

2014 1st from KC

Point is?

If your giving then away, we'll take some
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will also say, Simon, I'm gradually becoming much happier with this, as well. I've stated numerous times that to me, WR was our one real remaining hole. My only problem with the previous trade you mentioned, the SD one, was I saw it creating a new hole at G as well, as I don't yet trust Allen. And I keep forgetting, this isn't real life, and we do actually have Geno to make use of Patterson. I think we filled our last major hole. Still some places I'd like to improve, obviously, we could do better at #2 CB, TE is just kind of a capable position for us, as is DE. But I know I'm happier with this roster than I likely will be with the one Dorsey and Reid set up in real life. I say, officially, not that it matters at this point, I like the Patterson trade.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
32 catches, 419 yards, 4 TDs
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patterson looks to be a hell of a receiver, you guys made your move and i hope it works out for you. we just never figured we'd draft high enough to be able to consider getting him, so have to search instead for the next tier of wr's.

personally, i like Da'Rick Rogers.

best of luck to you through the rest of the Draft, guys!

Applause

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
KCWolf1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would've been against the trade, but at least it was for a good player at a position of need. Would've rather saved our 3rd and next year's 1st by waiting to grab a WR at #34, but that's ok.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCWolf1 wrote:
I would've been against the trade, but at least it was for a good player at a position of need. Would've rather saved our 3rd and next year's 1st by waiting to grab a WR at #34, but that's ok.

I'm pretty much in the same boat. It was to steep of a price to pay for a wr when we still could have gotten a good selection of WR's or CB's at are 2nd pick to choose from.

^All about Ryk^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 27 of 29

Jump to: