Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Coach's Hopeful Mock Offseason; 5-Round Draft 2/27

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CoachFunk7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Coach's Hopeful Mock Offseason; 5-Round Draft 2/27 Reply with quote

Cuts
Michael Turner
Peria Jerry
Lawrence Sidbury

Falcons extend Matt Ryan to 6 year, $90mil deal

Re-Sign
William Moore- 5 years
Sam Baker- 5 years
Robert McClain-RFA
Tony G- 1 year

Let Walk
Brent Grimes- The achilles worries me with his relying on athleticism to make plays. Besides, our secondary was fine this year without him and he will likely want too much money.

Todd McClure- Prove us right, Hawley.

Free Agency
Steven Jackson- 3 years

Draft

Round 1-30
Alex Okafor DE, Texas- Let's face it, we NEED a pass rusher, and we take the best one likely left on the board in Okafor. I have no faith in Moore falling to our pick, and Okafor is an at least solid option on the strong side. Solid run defender and could probably post a maximum sack total of 10/season with the tutelage of John Abraham.

Round 2-30
Sly Williams DT, UNC- With the release of Jerry, we replace him with a DT who is actually disruptive. They are pretty similar prospects, both relying on athleticism to jump the snap and surprise the interior linemen.

Round 3-30
Chase Thomas OLB, Stanford- A better version of Kroy Biermann who can get to the passer much easier. I think this pick gives Nolan a lot more options with his looks(particular 3-4 and 3-3-5), and probably gives us a better chance of defending that damn pistol offense.

Round 4-30
Travis Kelce TE, Cincy- I am of the opinion that we have much more of an issue on defense, hence the first 3 picks spent on the front 7.

Round 5-30
Khaled Holmes C/G, USC- Insurance policy if Hawley doesn't pan out at Center.

I think that this should legitimately help turn us into more of a Super Bowl contender than we already are. Our defense crapped the bed and blew leads in both playoff games. Obviously the offense had its problems with its inability to score, but pounding the rock with an actually effective workhorse back, coupled with Quizz should fix that significantly. Also, I think Sam Baker builds off of a rather solid season. This hopefully will allow us to contain guys like CK7, and put them on the ground a lot more than we did.
[/b]

89 tackles; 3 sacks; 6 passes defensed
adam9

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of hoping. I don't think any of those guys will be there at pick besides possibly Okafor. Kelce is 2 rounds late and everyone else is about 1 round late.

I'd be happy, but the draft part is insanely unrealistic.

However, the FA part is good and realistic IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throw a DB in there and it's a dream come true.

RIP Joe Pa
akintu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching film I have concluded that Chase Thomas is BAD and I want him no where near the Falcons

Foster-A-Falcon: Roddy White
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
adam9

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

akintu wrote:
After watching film I have concluded that Chase Thomas is BAD and I want him no where near the Falcons

In b4 scar finds and kills you

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

akintu wrote:
Thomas is good for SOLB in a 3-4. Falcons don't run a 3-4. I love Thomas's play, but he's in no way bad. just bad for us.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
akintu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
akintu wrote:
Thomas is good for SOLB in a 3-4. Falcons don't run a 3-4. I love Thomas's play, but he's in no way bad. just bad for us.

From the vids I've watched I'm just not impressed...like at all.

Foster-A-Falcon: Roddy White
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
adam9

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised

Ish getting real up in here

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very realistic. I would have liked to see a running back in the mid-rounds, but good job.

Chase Thomas just doesn't really fit our defense. Khaseem Greene, however fits perfectly. I would rather see him over Williams in the 2nd.
terrell123

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Release one slow and old rb, and then sign another slow and old rb for 3 years? I stopped reading when I saw the Jackson signing. Crying or Very sad Id much rather draft a rb(Knile Davis in the 3rd or Stepfan Taylor in the 4th) Very Happy . Use that $ on the defense. DE, CB, or LB comes to mind.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: