Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BEAST's 1st Mock of the Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoj398 wrote:
arent Tavon Austin and Chris Givens the same type of player?

Givens is our guy to stretch the field where as Austin would be the Amendola type, just much more explosive

^El Ramster^
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nodefense wrote:
If Jackson leaves, that 4th rd pick should be a RB in my opinion.

Richardson looked great for the majority of last year and they drafted Pead for a reason. It's not like Pead was some 5th round pick either. He was taken in the 2nd round. They're gonna see what they can get out of the combination of the two

^El Ramster^
Hoj398

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:

Givens is our guy to stretch the field where as Austin would be the Amendola type, just much more explosive

I think Pettis can fill amendolas roll
jjab360

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoj398 wrote:
BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:

He tried to last year and had plenty of opportunities.. I wasn't impressed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:
BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:

let him have his time to shine, let him have a offseason to fill that role.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoj398 wrote:
jjab360 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:
BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:

He's a role player, he's not an impact starter. He's had his shot and was inconsistent as could be. It'd be like Brandon Gibson all over again...

IDOG_det on the sig...
Hoj398

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:
jjab360 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:
BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:

He's a role player, he's not an impact starter. He's had his shot and was inconsistent as could be. It'd be like Brandon Gibson all over again...

that in my opinion is complete bull. having brandon gibson or pettis go against a teams #1 corner is a win for a defense. having pettis match up on a LB or a 3rd corner would work just fine. exactly my point they aren't stars, you cant expect them to light up top corners in the league.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoj398 wrote:
that in my opinion is complete bull. having brandon gibson or pettis go against a teams #1 corner is a win for a defense. having pettis match up on a LB or a 3rd corner would work just fine. exactly my point they aren't stars, you cant expect them to light up top corners in the league.

What is bull about it? He's not shown to be a consistent threat in the passing game. He's had opportunities, but hasn't made the most of them on a team(s) without a lot of good options...

He's a role player and better served as one. Every team needs them. He could come in and be a decent 2nd/3rd option on a receiver needy team, just like he has been thus far. If we're looking to get better I need more than that from an impact starter, even if it is out of the slot...

Tavon would give us elements that none of our WR's have...

IDOG_det on the sig...
Hoj398

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:

What is bull about it? He's not shown to be a consistent threat in the passing game. He's had opportunities, but hasn't made the most of them on a team(s) without a lot of good options...

He's a role player and better served as one. Every team needs them. He could come in and be a decent 2nd/3rd option on a receiver needy team, just like he has been thus far. If we're looking to get better I need more than that from an impact starter, even if it is out of the slot...

Tavon would give us elements that none of our WR's have...

hes a number 3 wr. not a number 1 or 2, put him up against a Patrick Peterson,Richard Sherman, Darelle Revis, yes he wont make an impact, put him up against the likes of LB's and 3rd or 4th CB and he would make an impact
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoj398 wrote:
hes a number 3 wr. not a number 1 or 2, put him up against a Patrick Peterson,Richard Sherman, Darelle Revis, yes he wont make an impact, put him up against the likes of LB's and 3rd or 4th CB and he would make an impact

You're missing the mark here. You're describing exactly what I'm classifying him as; a role player. He can't flash the ability to consistently beat the better corners/defenses in the league, but still can make some plays against the lesser calbur guys. That is exactly what role players do, that is their value to a team...

I'm saying if we want to UPGRADE, we'd better look for more than that out of our slot position (whether it's the 1st, 2nd, 3rd option in the passing game). Tavon Austin's skill-set is much better suited to be a high-impact, game changing type talent from the slot...

IDOG_det on the sig...
Hoj398

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:

You're missing the mark here. You're describing exactly what I'm classifying him as; a role player. He can't flash the ability to consistently beat the better corners/defenses in the league, but still can make some plays against the lesser calbur guys. That is exactly what role players do, that is their value to a team...

I'm saying if we want to UPGRADE, we'd better look for more than that out of our slot position (whether it's the 1st, 2nd, 3rd option in the passing game). Tavon Austin's skill-set is much better suited to be a high-impact, game changing type talent from the slot...

you just proved my point? why would you waste a 1st rounder on something we already have? Pettis wouldnt be going up against a teams shut down, hes going to be facing their 3rd or 4th corner and he would be able to beat them. we have bigger holes than a slot receiver that can make things happen. how about keeping Bradford on his feet?
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoj398 wrote:
you just proved my point? why would you waste a 1st rounder on something we already have? Pettis wouldnt be going up against a teams shut down, hes going to be facing their 3rd or 4th corner and he would be able to beat them. we have bigger holes than a slot receiver that can make things happen. how about keeping Bradford on his feet?

No, you're point is that Pettis could step in at the slot position and have the same impact Amendola had (which is questionable at best anyway).You said that yourself...

Hoj398 wrote:

I don't just want a guy that can beat a team's 4th corner to move the chains. I want a guy who is a dynamic playmaker with the ball in his hands, who is a threat to take it to the house everytime he touches the ball. A guy a defense is gonna game plan against. Pettis doesn't have any of that in his game...

The slot WR position doesn't relegate him to being the #3 option in the passing game like you seem to think. There are examples of guys who are the #1/2 option for their team's passing game out of the slot. Just look at Percy Harvin, Wes Welker, Victor Cruz to a lesser degree, etc...

If you think we'd be "wasting" a 1st round pick on Austin because he'd play out of the slot, I can't fathom that thought process...

Also, last time I checked we have more than one draft pick and free agency to address other areas of need (specifically OL since that's what you threw out). I'm a component of drafting the best player available, even more so with early round picks...

IDOG_det on the sig...
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think that Pettis would have the same effect in the slot as Austin would then you're crazy. Austin is a playmaker and a weapon. Pettis is meh and nothing more. Austin would be an upgrade from Amendola whereas Pettis wouldn't be even nearly as effective as Amendola

^El Ramster^
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol at dude saying Pettis would be an effective slot player. Dude isn't quick at all and he's not a playmaker.

Lol what the heck is hoj is point? Seriously we have bigger holes than adding playmakers? Adding playmakers is our biggest need along with the interior line.

I really don't understand why people try to comment on players they've obviously never seen play. Acting like Pettis and Austin would have similar success as a slot receiver is downright hilarious. That's like saying Steven Jackson and Adrian Peterson are both good backs so why would you want Peterson?

Austin's playmaking ability is insane. His athletic ability is off the charts in nearly every area. Quickness, burst, explosion, leaping ability, speed, and on.

Austin would immediately be our best offensive playmaker and would likely be one of the best returners in the league. He's the type of athlete our offense has been dying for.

Plus we have two first rounders and 5 of the first 110 picks. We can still grab an interior linemen in round 1 and will have multiple chances to upgrade other line spots.
S-jax39

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really dont like spending money on a player that aways seems to be injured in delmas.

Love the rest.

And those picking the Rams are crazy.
They won't win 8 games.
I guarantee it.
I mean...Bradford never does...
Stick that in your sig & smoke it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: