Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My try at a skins only Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcus21

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
It will be interesting to see if the Redskins cut DeAngelo Hall for (CS: 8.0 M). Another possibility is Santana Moss for 4.5 M & Adam Carriker for 4.0 M

I think there is a pretty good chance they cut all 3......I would hate to see Carriker go
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
Conquest8089 wrote:
It will be interesting to see if the Redskins cut DeAngelo Hall for (CS: 8.0 M). Another possibility is Santana Moss for 4.5 M & Adam Carriker for 4.0 M

I think there is a pretty good chance they cut all 3......I would hate to see Carriker go
from what I've remember from FFMD cutting Carriker saves 2.5 million. Not 4 million.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
Conquest8089 wrote:

from what I've remember from FFMD cutting Carriker saves 2.5 million. Not 4 million.

I think he's saying that Carriker is set to make that much, but I could be wrong.

A Google search has Carriker set to make $3.70 million in 2013.

*shrugs*
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
This is my post combine Mock its #6...Im sure I will change my mind again after FA.

2) David Amerson CB NCSU
I didnt realize he had such good spped. 4.44 He is big and fast. He had trouble last year always going for the big play. With proper caoching He will be a legit #1 corner. D Hall will be released...

3) Brian Schwenke C Cal
I think they let Kory walk so they will need to draft someone that can play center. Kory was our Backup center Ran a 4.99 so he will fit in ZBS. 31 reps and a great senior bowl

4) Zavier Gooden ILB Missouri
A little on the samll side but strong 27 reps! He is a former safety so he will be great in pass protection. He ran a 4.47 I read he is a team leader and is a thumper!!! He will take Perry place....Perry takes londons place.

5) Shawn Williams S Georgia
Everything I want in a SS! Strong 25 reps! Fast 4.46! He is a big hitter and would be perfect in our system. I read Meriweather had a long way to go in his rehab and would not be ready for OTAs.

5) Kenjon Barner RB Oregon
Good change of pace back. I dont love helu or royster

6) Conner Vernon WR Duke
I hate the idea of having a Dukie on this team, but he would be a great slot reciever. Moss is prolly a goner, so its a need.

7) Ray Ray Armstong FS Miami
Im taking a shot on this dude. Really I couldnt come up with another name in the 7th round so really BPA

What do you guys think?

I'm a fan of Amerson, Barner, and I like what I've seen from Shawn Williams.

I like it.

Jeezy Fanatic (U!!!!) has probably seen more of Ray Ray Armstrong than anyone else; or at least an equal amount. I haven't seen enough of him to make a fair assessment. I like the positions addressed, though.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
This is my post combine Mock its #6...Im sure I will change my mind again after FA.

2) David Amerson CB NCSU
I didnt realize he had such good spped. 4.44 He is big and fast. He had trouble last year always going for the big play. With proper caoching He will be a legit #1 corner. D Hall will be released...

3) Brian Schwenke C Cal
I think they let Kory walk so they will need to draft someone that can play center. Kory was our Backup center Ran a 4.99 so he will fit in ZBS. 31 reps and a great senior bowl

A little on the samll side but strong 27 reps! He is a former safety so he will be great in pass protection. He ran a 4.47 I read he is a team leader and is a thumper!!! He will take Perry place....Perry takes londons place.

Everything I want in a SS! Strong 25 reps! Fast 4.46! He is a big hitter and would be perfect in our system. I read Meriweather had a long way to go in his rehab and would not be ready for OTAs.

6) Conner Vernon WR Duke
I hate the idea of having a Dukie on this team, but he would be a great slot reciever. Moss is prolly a goner, so its a need.

Im taking a shot on this dude. Really I couldnt come up with another name in the 7th round so really BPA

What do you guys think?

I'm a fan of Amerson, Barner, and I like what I've seen from Shawn Williams.

I like it.

Jeezy Fanatic (U!!!!) has probably seen more of Ray Ray Armstrong than anyone else; or at least an equal amount. I haven't seen enough of him to make a fair assessment. I like the positions addressed, though.
if I remember correctly. Jeezy hates Ray Ray and doesn't want us to touch him

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
I truly hope the Redskins don't get Ray Ray Armstrong.

Last edited by turtle28 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
Conquest8089 wrote:

I think he's saying that Carriker is set to make that much, but I could be wrong.

A Google search has Carriker set to make $3.70 million in 2013.

*shrugs*
he has future guarenteed $ that needs to be subtracted from the savings of cutting him this year and I think when you add that up cutting him saves 2.4 million.

It's really not worth cutting any of our vets but Moss, Hall and Fletcher. You could restructure them but that pushed their costs out to the future and that doesn't make sense especially for moss and Fletch because of their ages.

Restructuring some of the guys who are in their late 20s and Hall makes the most sense for our team to save a few mill off each player.

If our team is 100% healthy and we get an upgrade at nickle at FS, RT and Nickle cb we will win the division again. Our team is pretty complete as it stands right now if 100% healthy
tyler735

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:

2) David Amerson CB NCSU

3) Brian Schwenke C Cal

6) Conner Vernon WR Duke

What do you guys think?

I really am not a fan of Amerson. He got absolutely abused this year by multiple WRs. Sure he has solid straight line speed, but I don't think he's all that fluid on the field. There is a reason almost everyone pegged him as a 4.5 40 type of guy before the combine.

Also not huge on taking a center in the 3rd. I feel that safety is one of our biggest needs if not biggest need. With such a deep safety class I feel that we could get a solid starter in the 2nd/3rd round this year, and would truly see it as a missed opportunity if we didn't grab at least 1 in the draft. I know you had us take Ray Ray/Williams, but I don't know that either is a day 1 starter for us. I like the value of taking one of those guys late in the draft, but I would prefer taking just one of those guys, and someone early like Phillip Thomas/Rambo/Shamarko Thomas.

I like Zavier Gooden, and would like that pick if we were to grab him there. Like you said he is a bit undersized, but can't argue with his athleticism.

I also wouldn't mind Kenjon Barner in the 5th, and think he could work well with Morris.

In most drafts I would be okay with your pick at receiver, but there is a ton of quality receivers that are going to go off the board in rounds 2-4 this year. I feel like if we were to do a BPA approach in any of those rounds we would have to pick up a receiver.

Almost any of the top 14 receivers on this list could be an impactful player for us, and think in one of those rounds we have to target one of those players.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013/WR
There is just too much talent at the position this year to pass it up. As of right now we have Pierre Garcon, an aging Santana Moss, and a bunch of guys that have yet to step up to the plate and show they are worthy of being a number 1 or 2 receiver in the NFL. We got our franchise QB in RG3, but we still need to surround him with solid weapons that work well with his style of play.
Marcus21

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp the dust is starting to settle after FA and the Combine so I have come up with my new Mock. What do you guys think?

2nd Darius Slay CB Miss St
Played the oppisite side from Johnathon Banks and help his own! Big, Fast and plays well in man coverage.

3rd D.J. Swearinger FS South Carolina
My personal man crush of the draft. It would be a long shot for him to last this long in the draft. He played all over the field for USC even covering slot recievers. Big hitter with ball skills.

4th Kevin Reddick ILB UNC
I bleed Carolina blue so I would love to have him on our team! Great value in the 4th. Would be great for him to learn behind London for a year then fight it out for the starting job with Robinson!!!

5th Shawn Williams SS Georgia
I really like this guys leadership qualities. Big hitter high motor!!!! Would be a great addition gfor this team and could learn behind Meriweather!

5th Ace Sanders WR/KR South Carolina
Wow what value in the 5th round. Replacement for Moss and a solid return guy. whats not to love!!!

6th Micah Hyde CB Iowa
A bit of a project, but could turn into a solid player with proper coaching.

7th Knile Davis RB Arkansas
I really have no idea if this is a Shanny type back. but its the one I went with. Im not sold on Helu's ability to stay healthy. I think Davis could be a solid change of pace back. His fumbling problem scares me, but I think Shanny takes a back at some point in the draft, so I went with Davis!
Cash

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love Slay and Swearinger in the round 2/3. The rest is just ok. Not crazy about Ace Sanders selection. Thought we were letting Brad Banks go?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cash wrote:
I would love Slay and Swearinger in the round 2/3. The rest is just ok. Not crazy about Ace Sanders selection. Thought we were letting Brad Banks go?

Ace Sanders would have a couple of roles and not just KR/PR.

He would make a great slot WR to take over for Moss when Moss decides to go. But Sanders is not a bad pick. It all depends on the development of Aldrick Robinson.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: