Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sjax voids contract
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3878
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
WE WERENT LOSING We were playing much better while rotating backs and keeping him fresh, that was the point of this. We were doing better as a team and hewas running more effectively for it. He still thinks he is 25 and can run like a stallion, he cant. Guys like Faulk, Emmitt & Bettis were so great late in their careers because they adapted, they knew their games had to change. And I never once saw Marshall sitting on the end of the bench completely alone pouting on the sidelines when we drafted Steven.

The J.R.S. wrote:
Who wouldn't get upset about riding the pine? Especially someone with Jackson's past. He handled it pretty well actually, having not ever complained to the media or disrupted the team chemistry. He's a competitor, with a whole hell of a lot of heart. He's been in STL for a decade now, and you're going to hold this non-incident against him? Not me.
You now want to pretend that Stevens tenure in St Louis has been nothing but roses? Thats a different conversation all together, but it proves my point that Fans of this team get nostalgia before people are even gone.

And this wasnt a one time thing, we Saw it every game, multiple times per game. I let it go at first, but as it persisted it really annoyed me. It portrays an arrogance of "Oh you dont want to use me now? then Ill just take my ball and go over here, till you realize youre wrong"

Once again you are taking this, and turning it into something that you want to argue about. Im not saying he is any less of a player because of this, Im saying he is less of a player because he isnt that good anymore. But it was stated that we will miss his "Championship Attitude" and what he was doing this year wasnt that.


In almost a decade and throughout multiple regime changes, I've never heard our front office or our locker room complain about S-Jax's work ethic or attitude. As a matter of fact, I've only heard the opposite. A couple of still shots of S-Jax on the sideline isn't going to erase all he has done for us, not for me. I'm not overly nostalgic, but I appreciate players past their expiration dates as all pros. Especially him.
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DerekBrink


Joined: 16 Nov 2012
Posts: 378
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
I don't really care if SJ was pouting or not, this is a business and my reasoning for moving on is performance related. We can do better at a lower cost.


This is all that matters. Honestly Pead and Rich can probably out produce him right now. It's been years since he was an elite back and he is ridiculously slow, to hit holes.

The only reason anyone wants him back is because they are thinking about thehow good he used to be. At this point his talent clearly doesn't match his price tag.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SJax39


Joined: 13 Apr 2008
Posts: 1860
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
WE WERENT LOSING We were playing much better while rotating backs and keeping him fresh, that was the point of this. We were doing better as a team and hewas running more effectively for it. He still thinks he is 25 and can run like a stallion, he cant. Guys like Faulk, Emmitt & Bettis were so great late in their careers because they adapted, they knew their games had to change. And I never once saw Marshall sitting on the end of the bench completely alone pouting on the sidelines when we drafted Steven.

The J.R.S. wrote:
Who wouldn't get upset about riding the pine? Especially someone with Jackson's past. He handled it pretty well actually, having not ever complained to the media or disrupted the team chemistry. He's a competitor, with a whole hell of a lot of heart. He's been in STL for a decade now, and you're going to hold this non-incident against him? Not me.
You now want to pretend that Stevens tenure in St Louis has been nothing but roses? Thats a different conversation all together, but it proves my point that Fans of this team get nostalgia before people are even gone.

And this wasnt a one time thing, we Saw it every game, multiple times per game. I let it go at first, but as it persisted it really annoyed me. It portrays an arrogance of "Oh you dont want to use me now? then Ill just take my ball and go over here, till you realize youre wrong"

Once again you are taking this, and turning it into something that you want to argue about. Im not saying he is any less of a player because of this, Im saying he is less of a player because he isnt that good anymore. But it was stated that we will miss his "Championship Attitude" and what he was doing this year wasnt that.


In almost a decade and throughout multiple regime changes, I've never heard our front office or our locker room complain about S-Jax's work ethic or attitude. As a matter of fact, I've only heard the opposite. A couple of still shots of S-Jax on the sideline isn't going to erase all he has done for us, not for me. I'm not overly nostalgic, but I appreciate players past their expiration dates as all pros. Especially him.


This man knows what's up. Jackson has NEVER seen a season over .500, and has never once complained or threw the team under the bus. Instead, he's been a leader and has always had a positive attitude towards being a St. Louis Ram. I would love nothing more than to see him spend his entire career in horns, but he deserves to win a championship.
_________________


[b]CLOWNEY WILL NOT MAKE IT PAST #2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
D9-EM


Joined: 07 Mar 2011
Posts: 701
Location: St. Louis, MO
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerekBrink wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
I don't really care if SJ was pouting or not, this is a business and my reasoning for moving on is performance related. We can do better at a lower cost.


This is all that matters. Honestly Pead and Rich can probably out produce him right now. It's been years since he was an elite back and he is ridiculously slow, to hit holes.

The only reason anyone wants him back is because they are thinking about thehow good he used to be. At this point his talent clearly doesn't match his price tag.


I can't say I disagree with the price tag at this point but lets not act like there's no tread left. Yes, his play has declined but look at the squad around him. How many times have you seen him get blown the hell up as he's corralling the ball? Ever think he's slow to hit holes because there is no hole? That might slow you up too. If he ends up on a good team with real blocking, we wont be talking about how good he used to be.


StLunatic88 wrote:
If you guys dont think he was pissed that he was being phased out YOURE High


Sorry about the "your vs you're" thing. To be fair though you did forget the apostrophe. Brick wall
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
S-jax39


Joined: 23 Aug 2010
Posts: 6685
Location: [D]MV
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL @ trying to say Steven has an attitude. Its funny how no one in the organization thinks that way.
_________________
Welp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tim199009


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 1477
Location: I post for Bitcoins
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
tim199009 wrote:
Lunatic is right to be honest. You can clearly see his frustration , it wasn't like it was a one time thing either

Anyway good riddance to sjax it's time to move on. We should have traded him when we had the chance at least that way we woulda got something for him


Sometimes I wonder if you some of you guys are actually Ram's fans.


I am but there is a time when logical thinking out weighs homerism
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DerekBrink


Joined: 16 Nov 2012
Posts: 378
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D9-EM wrote:
DerekBrink wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
I don't really care if SJ was pouting or not, this is a business and my reasoning for moving on is performance related. We can do better at a lower cost.


This is all that matters. Honestly Pead and Rich can probably out produce him right now. It's been years since he was an elite back and he is ridiculously slow, to hit holes.

The only reason anyone wants him back is because they are thinking about thehow good he used to be. At this point his talent clearly doesn't match his price tag.


I can't say I disagree with the price tag at this point but lets not act like there's no tread left. Yes, his play has declined but look at the squad around him. How many times have you seen him get blown the hell up as he's corralling the ball? Ever think he's slow to hit holes because there is no hole? That might slow you up too. If he ends up on a good team with real blocking, we wont be talking about how good he used to be.


StLunatic88 wrote:
If you guys dont think he was pissed that he was being phased out YOURE High


Sorry about the "your vs you're" thing. To be fair though you did forget the apostrophe. Brick wall


never said he had no tread left on the tires. Just said he's not the same player any more and we can get just as good production from Pead and DRich. Plus that's assuming he's at last year's level and he's looked markedly slower nearly every year in the last 3 years.

No offense but no he's not the same player and even if he's on a great team with great blocking he won't be an elite back. He does not have that type of explosion or quickness anymore. He'll put up an average year or two(which is all he's done for us lately) and fade terribly like every single running back, besides Emmitt and Payton in the history of the NFL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jonezy


Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Posts: 3188
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a HUGE Jax fan, i have 4 Jackson Jerseys he's been my all time favorite Ram. BUT, he hasn't been the best team player. When I was at the Jets game and D-Rich was in the game you can tell it pissed him off, he was not happy not being the man on this team.

I tweeted Isiah Pead the other day:

Quote:
@iPead whats your thoughts on Jax leaving? Your team now boss -


Quote:
@AndrewJ0nes not even


I guess he doesn't see it as his team, understandable but it's his backfield now so hopefully he will take some leadership on.
_________________

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
tim199009


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 1477
Location: I post for Bitcoins
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
I'm a HUGE Jax fan, i have 4 Jackson Jerseys he's been my all time favorite Ram. BUT, he hasn't been the best team player. When I was at the Jets game and D-Rich was in the game you can tell it pissed him off, he was not happy not being the man on this team.

I tweeted Isiah Pead the other day:

Quote:
@iPead whats your thoughts on Jax leaving? Your team now boss -


Quote:
@AndrewJ0nes not even


I guess he doesn't see it as his team, understandable but it's his backfield now so hopefully he will take some leadership on.


That's not a true answer... that's basically something somebody would say if they didn't want to be bothered. He's giving you the run around
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
RamRod


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 9410
Location: Virginia
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim199009 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
I'm a HUGE Jax fan, i have 4 Jackson Jerseys he's been my all time favorite Ram. BUT, he hasn't been the best team player. When I was at the Jets game and D-Rich was in the game you can tell it pissed him off, he was not happy not being the man on this team.

I tweeted Isiah Pead the other day:

Quote:
@iPead whats your thoughts on Jax leaving? Your team now boss -


Quote:
@AndrewJ0nes not even


I guess he doesn't see it as his team, understandable but it's his backfield now so hopefully he will take some leadership on.


That's not a true answer... that's basically something somebody would say if they didn't want to be bothered. He's giving you the run around


Pead is right. Why in the world would it be his team? He's in his second year and has seen very limited PT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
NVRamsFan


Joined: 22 Mar 2009
Posts: 2842
Location: Reno, NV
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamRod wrote:
tim199009 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
I'm a HUGE Jax fan, i have 4 Jackson Jerseys he's been my all time favorite Ram. BUT, he hasn't been the best team player. When I was at the Jets game and D-Rich was in the game you can tell it pissed him off, he was not happy not being the man on this team.

I tweeted Isiah Pead the other day:

Quote:
@iPead whats your thoughts on Jax leaving? Your team now boss -


Quote:
@AndrewJ0nes not even


I guess he doesn't see it as his team, understandable but it's his backfield now so hopefully he will take some leadership on.


That's not a true answer... that's basically something somebody would say if they didn't want to be bothered. He's giving you the run around


Pead is right. Why in the world would it be his team? He's in his second year and has seen very limited PT.


It might be his backfield to win, but yeah that doesn't make it his team.
_________________
http://s2.postimg.org/cawzxigmh/tremason2sig.jpg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group