Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brady signs contract extension
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
I hope this translates into Talib staying and maybe even Wes. Those two stay and we make a few smaller splashes and with draft we are right back in SB contention.

The Pats should be in Super Bowl contention even if Welker and Talib leave.

Really all depends on who is brought in to catch 80+ balls to me. If Welker is not retained than that's our #1 option at WR gone and our most consistent. Both can be replaced but not as easily as I think your suggesting.

Sig by Smack
AAP Chandler Jones
2.5 Sax, 17 tackles, 1 TD
Patsfan01

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My all-time favorite New England Patriot looking like he's going to retire with the same team that drafted him! So pumped for Brady and just goes to show, how much winning and the Patriots organization means to him.

I really expect us to strike a deal with Welker now. But even with Welker hopefully coming back, I do believe getting a big-play WR is still a top need for us. And we actually need to hit on that WR. No more Chad Johnsons or Brandon Lloyds or Chad Jacksons. We need to strike on a good WR.

And to whoever asked if anyone gets the feeling that they just want to kiss Brady on the lips. Add me to the list.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it hilarious with the main stream media reporting on this. They are continuously throwing back handed compliments at Brady. Saying it was a good move, but he really already has money so its not that big a deal.

Yet if any of the other top QBs did this, I guarantee we'd be hearing about this and how that man was a saint for the next week.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully MVP voters remember this next season. Mad
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
I hope this translates into Talib staying and maybe even Wes. Those two stay and we make a few smaller splashes and with draft we are right back in SB contention.

The Pats should be in Super Bowl contention even if Welker and Talib leave.

Really all depends on who is brought in to catch 80+ balls to me. If Welker is not retained than that's our #1 option at WR gone and our most consistent. Both can be replaced but not as easily as I think your suggesting.

I don't think the Pats will go into next season with 100 year old Deion Branch, Julian Edelman, Matt Slater and Kamar Aiken as their WR group.

If Welker leaves, I expect a solid replacement. If both Welker and Lloyd leave, I expect a star replacement (e.g. Jennings, Wallace, Bowe etc).

Either way, the Pats have a lot of money to spend if they let Welker walk. Whether or not they replace Welker adequately, I trust them to use that money wisely to improve the team and keep them in Super Bowl contention.
Wolverine_Joe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
I find it hilarious with the main stream media reporting on this. They are continuously throwing back handed compliments at Brady. Saying it was a good move, but he really already has money so its not that big a deal.

Yet if any of the other top QBs did this, I guarantee we'd be hearing about this and how that man was a saint for the next week.

i don't know how much brady's is worth, but it's not much. contrary to belief, brady doesn't make as much as he should be. brady wasn't even top 5 in earnings this year. he really doesn't make a lot compared to other top athletes. and the great ones got paid alot. MJ. roger clemens and etc. they all got paid alot at the end.
Wolverine_Joe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

correct me if i'm wrong but brady made less than 5 million endorsement money last year. that's very low his stature.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolverine_Joe wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:

i don't know how much brady's is worth, but it's not much. contrary to belief, brady doesn't make as much as he should be. brady wasn't even top 5 in earnings this year. he really doesn't make a lot compared to other top athletes. and the great ones got paid alot. MJ. roger clemens and etc. they all got paid alot at the end.

Exactly. However now they are saying he shouldn't get credit for this because his wife makes a lot of money. Pathetic. Just searching for reasons to hate him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: