Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Updated 2013 NFL Mock Draft with at Least 2 Players per Team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownsDog23 wrote:
BP wrote:
mlucas12002 wrote:
Really cute considering Cleveland has no 2nd round pick...try doing a little research.
The people here have attitudes haha. I like it! Not. Seriously, what's wedge up there buddy? I'm only dishing the harshness back. Did I forget to look up the CLEVELAND BROWNS second draft picks? Yeah, that's literally the only team I did that to, probably because it's the Cleveland Browns and they're the biggest joke in the NFL. Mike Holmgren couldn't turn them around. If it makes you sleep any better at night, I did research the coaches the Browns hired and read up on their histories as well as their tendencies with their former offenses. I saw Norv Turner as offensive coordinator on the official website and that was news to me, admittedly. So, seeing as how the Browns absolutely blew last year and are picking inside the top 10 for the eighth time since joining the NFL in '99, (and finished below .500 for the twelfth time in fourteen seasons, only finishing one and two games over .500 the other two season; pathetic)... og where was I, oh yeah, since the Browns finished 5-11 in 2012, I just assumed they kept their second round picks since they're so valuable but essentially meaningless since no one goes to Cleveland to succeed. Excuse me for not knowing that one team out of the NFL doesn't have their second round pick, and I generously give them in my mock draft Matt Barkley. Hey! A position of need! A guy who comes from USC, a team that runs a semi-pro-ready offense! Norv Turner was that coach on the West Coast for the Chargers, it's not like he wouldn't have some insight into the hyped quarterback who played for the biggest sports university in Cali. Matt Barkley was great at throwing the sidelines, that's what was the best part of his game in college! Not the hurry-up, not the reading defenses, not the leadership, not the short-to-intermediate throws, it was always the pretty deep play 12-30+ yards downfield. But hey, I don't do my research on your Browns, I don't know what I'm talking about so its a moot point anyways. I apologize for offending you with my brass responses to other people who get on me with little to no substance to their post until I have to drag it out of them and then their biggest selling point is that I accidentally spelled a guys name wrong. Advice: Stop making this place whack.
Why do a mock if you going to get [inappropriate/removed] when someone critiques it?
Because that person clearly wasn't critiquing the Browns draft picks so much as he was bashing me. Words like "cute" and sentiments such as, "try doing a little research" don't strike you as insulting or harsh?

Why respond to a post outside of the content that is the main subject of debate in the thread? What's the point of your post really?
BP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Nobody wrote:
BP wrote:
I mean, I guess I just don't see how in this years draft class, DeMarcus Millner isn't worthy of consideration for a top 3 pick. First of all, the Raiders are near depleted at corner. They've got a sound core of secondary guys like Michael Huff, but there's no solid presence in the group outside of him. Dee Millner instantly adds talent where talent is needed. On top of pedigree, aggressiveness in run support, and generally sound technique in coverage, Millner is a full six feet tall, cut athlete in good shape, weighs anywhere from 185 to 205 pounds during the season although currently 201, and his clocked times in the 40 yard dash (4.37), shuttle (4.32), and cones (6.95) are ELITE by ELITE cornerbacks in the NFL standards! He has a 36 inch vertical leap with an impressive ten foot and two inch broad jump, (better than all but a few of the wide outs tested at this years combine who're likely to actually play at some point in the NFL and against Millner -- in total there were 18 offensive players who had better jumps, the rest were primarily in the secondary as well but I digress...), and he wears long arms, (32 inches apiece), without a problem. Now tell me that with all of those things added up, and the lack of top five worthy picks outside of Dee Millner, that Millner isn't very possibly one this years top 3 picks. I don't think anyone can. Millner, unlike everyone save for Luke Joeckel, Lane Johnson and maybe Chance Warmack, has a knock against them ranging from heart condition, throwing accuracy, hand-eye concentration, college production, underwhelming physical traits, shoulder surgery, questionable character and effort, you name it, almost every single one of the top prospects this year has something that prevents them from being a "traditional" consensus top three or five talent.

Milliner is good, but doesn't appear to have elite potential. I haven't seen anyone of any repute pimping him as a guy who is likely to develop into one of the league's better corners. Drafting him 3rd overall in this draft or any other is a stretch.

Combine numbers are pretty, but they're also fool's gold if they lead you to move a guy way up your board.

Yes, Oakland's CB depth chart is in brutal shape, but so is most every position.

Viable starters on defense currently under contract: Lamarr Houston (DT/DE/OLB), Miles Burris (OLB/ILB), Michael Huff (CB/FS), Tyvon Branch (SS), and...um...that's about it.

I really like Phillip Adams (CB), but it's far too soon to declare him starting caliber. Tommy Kelly will almost certainly be cut in the coming weeks/months, and he's a lazy slug anyway.

Point being, zeroing in on CB as being devoid of viable starters is a bad move. Pan back just a little and you'll see that the entire defense is in the same condition.

You're right that Milliner lacks warts beyond the fact that he doesn't look like a guy who's going to be a regular name on All Pro lists, but that in itself is a wart when you're drafting this high. No one drafting at #3 overall takes a guy who they think can be pretty good. It just doesn't happen. If you take a guy #3 and he never, or almost never, makes it to Hawaii or onto the AP All Pro list, you blew the pick.

If he goes top 5, and he very well may, it will be to a team that believes he can perform at an All Pro level in their scheme. He won't have that luxury as a Raider.

In Oakland, he'd get tore out the frame. He'd have no pass rush or run defense in front of him, and only marginal safety help behind him.

Rebuilding teams don't typically draft CBs in the top 5. CB just isn't a building block position.

You mention Lane Johnson and Chance Warmack. Considering Oakland's situation, I'd take either of those guys over Milliner. Oakland is desperate for O-line help, and both of those guys have All Pro upside. Either of them would represent a true building block and someone who could give our QB (whoever that may be) and McFadden (while he's healthy) a chance to succeed.

I'd also rate Fisher, Ansah (although a questionable scheme fit), and Dion Jordan as better options for Oakland. Not necessarily for every team or every draft board, but for Oakland specifically.
Applause Now this is a conversation people. Thanks so much for your well thought out response and clear demonstration of knowledge about your side of the argument. Refreshing, honestly.

I'd like to rebute your points by saying Dee Millner is a Pro Bowl caliber prospect with upside for maybe a couple of All Pro selections somewhere down the road. I see your argument and you make many valid points, especially about improving the offensive line instead where it makes just as much sense for the Raiders. My rebuttal for that is you're still not addressing a porous defense in the first which is almost essential in my opinion. Cornerback talent in the upper echelon these days is maybe just as valuable as any other "core" position on defense, so I'd argue Millner is a wise investment at #3 due to his skills alone; the athleticism only cements the decision for me. Bare in mind too, that this mock draft like any I do will be from the perspective of trying to guess what I think probably will happen and not necessarily the best or smartest executive move to make overall.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a chance in hell the Ravens would let Jarvis Jones just magically fly by them. And the Ravens don't need a CB in the early rounds, we are fine with Webb/Jimmy/Graham as our top 3.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the trade down and pick
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
BP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Not a chance in hell the Ravens would let Jarvis Jones just magically fly by them. And the Ravens don't need a CB in the early rounds, we are fine with Webb/Jimmy/Graham as our top 3.
If that's the case, then hopefully each proves their worth in 2013. Webb I believe can make a solid comeback from his torn ACL, but he'll still have bumps in the road. Jimmy Smith, to me anyways, the jury is still out. He's like a tier below the caliber of player Miami thought they had in Vontae Davis before shipping him to Indy. Smith remains a solid but not great corner who can be beat every single game several times for receptions IMO. I'd have to do my research into the stats to confirm that but my general takeaway from following him loosely since the Ravens are a close rival of the Pats, is that Smith has been a flash in the pan type of guy who it remains to be seen if he was worth that first round selection. Injuries of course playing a factor in his development thus far. Lastly, Corey Graham was a pleasant surprise last season. A rise from special teams star with the Bears I believe and then the Ravens to Super Bowl starter by default due to injuries in the secondary. After a full off-season of breaking down his game take, opponents in 2013 may very well challenge Graham more often if he is the guy on the outside or in the slot even. If Corey Williams departs for better money elsewhere, which seems all be certain to happen at this point in time, then drafting another stud corner with valuable special teams abilities at the tail end of the first could surely shore up a unit that's going to have its work cut out for them if they truly hope to be in the Super Bowl again in 2014.
BP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Love the trade down and pick
Note to self: Lions fans love the pick and trade down scenario. Got it. Thanks. Laughing
BP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. KC Chiefs: Luke Joeckel, Left Tackle, Texas A&M [Additional Move(s): Acquire Quarterback Alex Smith from San Francisco 49ers via trade]

2. JAC Jaguars: Chance Warmack, Left Guard, Alabama [Additional Move(s): Acquire Jarvis Jones, Outside Linebacker, Georgia with second round pick]

3. OAK Raiders: DeMarcus Millner, Cornerback, Alabama [Additional Move(s): Retain Free Agent Defensive Tackle Desmond Bryant]

4. PHI Eagles: Lane Johnson, Left Tackle, Oklahoma [Additional Move(s): Acquire Jonathan Banks, Cornerback, Mississippi State with second round pick]

5. **BUF Bills: Geno Smith, Quarterback, West Virginia [Additional Move(s): Acquire Alec Ogletree, Linebacker, Georgia with second round pick]

6. CLE Brown: Dion Jordan, Defensive End/Outside Linebacker, Oregon [Additional Move(s): Acquire EJ Manuel, Quarterback, Florida State with third round pick]

7. ARI Cardinals: Eric Fisher, Left Tackle, Central Michigan [Additional Move(s): Acquire Quarterback Ryan Mallett via trade with New England Patriots in exchange for 2013 second round pick; Acquire Tyler Bray, Quarterback, Tennessee with second third round pick]

8. **DET Lions: Ezekiel Ansah, Defensive End, Brigham & Young (BYU) [Additional Move(s): Acquire Tony Jefferson, Free Safety, Oklahoma with second round pick; (Acquired BUF Bills 2014 second round pick in addition to their 2013 third round pick)]

9. NY Jets: Cordarrelle Patterson, Wide Receiver, Tennessee [Additional Move(s): Retain Free Agent Offensive Guards Brandon Moore & Matt Slausen; Acquire Mike Glennon, Quarterback, North Carolina State with second round pick]

10. TEN Titans: Star Lotuelei, Defensive Tackle, Utah [Additional Move(s): Acquire Kyle Long, Offensive Left Guard, Oregon with second round pick]

11. SD Chargers: Barkevious Mingo, Outside Linebacker, Louisiana State (LSU) [Additional Move(s): Acquire Free Agent Cornerback Sean Smith from Miami Dolphins; Acquire Blidi-Wreh Wilson, Cornerback, UConn with second round pick]

12. MIA Dolphins: Justin Hunter, Wide Receiver, Tennessee [Additional Move(s): Acquire Eddy Lacy, Runningback, Alabama with second round pick; Acquire Stedman Bailey, Wide Receiver, West Virginia with second round pick via IND trade; Acquire Free Agent Wide Receiver Mike Wallace from PIT Steelers]

13. TB Buccaneers: Xavier Rhodes, Cornerback, FSU [Additional Move(s): Acquire D.J. Fluker, Offensive Right Tackle, Alabama with second round pick]

14. CAR Panthers: Datone Jones, Defensive Tackle, University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) [Additional Move(s): Acquire Dallas Thomas, Offensive Tackle & Guard Prospect, Tennessee with second round pick]

15. NO Saints: Sharrif Floyd, Defensive Nose Tackle, Florida [Additional Move(s): Acquire B.W. Webb, Cornerback, Williams & Mary with third round pick]

16. STL Rams: Jonathan Cooper, Left Guard/Center, University of North Carolina (UNC) [Additional Move(s): Acquire D.J. Swearinger, Free Safety, South Carolina with second round pick]

17. PIT Steelers: Kawaan Short, Defensive Tackle, Purdue [Additional Move(s): Retain Free Agent Cornerback Keenan Lewis; Acquire Eric Reid, Free Safety, LSU with second round pick]

18. DAL Cowboys: Kenneth Vaccaro, Free Safety, Texas [Additional Move(s): Acquire Malliciah Goodman, Defensive Under Tackle & Defensive End Prospect, Clemson with second round draft pick]

19. NY Giants: Bjoern Werner, Defensive End, Florida State (FSU) [Additional Move(s): Acquire Matt Barley, Quarterback, USC with second round draft pick; Acquire Free Agent Linebacker Daryl Smith from Jacksonville Jaguars]

20. CHI Bears: Tyler Eifert, Tight End, Notre Dame [Additional Move(s): Acquire Kevin Minter, Middle Linebacker, LSU with second round pick]

21. CIN Bengals: Manti Te'O, Middle Linebacker, Notre Dame [Additional Move(s): Acquire Markus Wheaton, Wide Receiver, Oregon State with second round pick via OAK trade; Acquire Shamarko Thomas, Strong Safety, Syracuse with second round pick]

22. STL Rams: Sheldon Richardson, Defensive Under Tackle, Missouri

WAS Redskins Second Round [Originally Owned Pick #22]: Jamar Taylor, Cornerback, Boise State

23. MIN Vikings: Tavon Wilson, Wide Receiver, West Virginia (WSU) [Additional Move(s): Acquire Desmond Trufant, Cornerback, Washington with second round pick]

24. IND Colts: Jonathan Hankins, Defensive Nose Tackle, Ohio State [Additional Move(s): Acquire Free Agent Safety Kenny Phillips from New York Giants]
25. SEA Seahawks: Keenan Allen, Wide Receiver, California (CAL) [Additional Move(s): Acquire Cornellius Carradine, Defensive End, Florida State with second round pick]

26. GB Packers: Barrett Jones, Offensive Center, Guard, & Right Tackle Prospect, Alabama [Additional Move(s): Retain Free Agent Wide Receiver Greg Jennings; Acquire Dwayne Grantz, Cornerback, UConn with second round pick]

27. HOU Texans: Tyler Wilson, Quarterback, Arkansas [Additional Move(s): Acquire Jesse Williams, Defensive Nose Tackle, Alabama with second round pick]

28. DEN Broncos: Sylvester Williams, Under Tackle, UNC [Additional Move(s): Acquire Travis Frederick, Offensive Center & Guard Prospect, Wisconsin with second round pick]

29. NE Patriots: Darius Slay, Cornerback, Mississippi State [Additional Move(s): Acquire Larry Warford, Right Guard, Kentucky with second round pick via ARI trade; Acquire DeAndre Hopkins, Wide Receiver, Clemson with second round pick]

30. ATL Falcons: Damontrae Moore, Defensive End/Outside Linebacker, Texas A&M [Additional Move(s): Acquire Logan Ryan, Cornerback, Texas with second round pick]

31. SF 49ers: Matthew Elam, Strong Safety, Florida [Additional Move(s): Acquire Travis Kelce, Tight End, Cincinnati with second round pick; Acquire second round pick via trade with Kansas City Chiefs for Quarterback Alex Smith; Acquire Jonathan Jenkins, Defensive Nose Tackle, Georgia with second round pick from trade via Kansas City Chiefs]

32. BAL Ravens: Phillip Thomas, Free Safety, Fresno State [Additional Move(s): Acquire Jonathan Cyprien, Safety, Florida International with second round pick]

Made easier to read.

First Round

1. Kansas City: Luke Joekel
2. Jacksonville: Chance Warmack
3. Oakland: Dee Millner
4. Philadelphia: Lane Johnson
5. Buffalo: Geno Smith
6. Cleveland: Dion Jordan
7. Arizona: Eric Fisher
8. Detroit: Ezekiel Ansah
9. New York: Cordarrelle Patterson
10. Tennessee: Star Lotuelei
11. San Diego: Barkevious Mingo
12. Miami: Justin Hunter
13. Tampa Bay: Xavier Rhodes
14. Carolina: Datone Jones
15. New Orleans: Sharrif Floyd
16. St. Louis: Jonathan Cooper
17. Pittsburgh: Kawaan Short
18. Dallas: Kenny Vaccaro
19. New York: Bjoern Werener
20. Chicago: Tyler Eifert
21. Cincinnati: Manti Te'o
22. St. Louis: Sheldon Richardson
23. Minnesota: Tavon Austin
24. Indianapolis: Jonathan Hankins
25. Seattle: Keenan Allen
26. Green Bay: Barrett Jones
27. Houston: Tyler Wilson
28. Denver: Sylvester Williams
29. New England: Darius Slay
30. Atlanta: Damontrae Moore
31. San Francisco: Matt Elam
32. Baltimore: Phillip Thomas

Second Round

33. Jacksonville: Jarvis Jones
34. San Francisco: John Jenkins
35. Philadelphia: Jonathan Banks
36. Detroit: Tony Jefferson
37. Cincinnati: Markus Wheaton
38. New England: Larry Warford
39. Brown: Josh Gordon (2012 Supplemental Draft)
40. New York (Jets): Mike Glennon
41. Tennessee: Kyle Long
42. Buffalo: Alec Ogletree
43. Miami: Eddy Lacy
44. Tampa Bay: D.J. Fluker
45. Carolina: Dallas Thomas
46. New Orleans: Forfeited
47. San Diego: Blidi-Wreh Wilson
48. St. Louis: D.J. Swearinger
49. Dallas: Malliciah Goodman
50. Pittsburgh: Eric Reid
51. New York (Giants): Matt Barkley
52. Chicago: Kevin Minter
53. Washington: Jamar Taylor
54. Minnesota: Desmond Trufant
55. Cincinnati: Shamarko Thomas
56. Miami: Stedman Bailey
57. Green Bay: Dwayne Grantz
58: Seattle: Cornellius Carradine
59. Houston: Jesse Williams
60. Denver: Travis Frederick
61. New England: DeAndre Hopkins
62. Atlanta: Logan Ryan
63. San Francisco: Travis Klece
64. Baltimore: Jonathan Cyprien

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: