Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Combine Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Question for Madmike90...do you think Eifert is a better prospect than Greg Olsen was coming in?

He reminds me of Olsen in some ways except that he doesn't have the same speed, and Olsen ended up going 31st overall his draft year and was the first TE to be drafted.

I'm thinking that if the Bears have a TE ranked high on their board going into the 1st then they'll be able to trade down to get him ie. Eifert or Ertz.

FYI I like the next two picks in Armstead and Gooden, I'm just not sure after that combine if Armstead lasts til the Bears pick in the 2nd.

Coming into his senior season I would have said no…because Eifert didn’t have the physical upside of Olsen as a receiver…but during Eifert’s senior season he provide to be a far better blocker than Olsen ever was in college while still being productive as a receiving threat…I think Eifert tested a little better than many expected also so I reckon he could go higher…also that 07 draft was loaded with top talent…I don’t see the elite talent in this year’s class but a lot of depth…

For me that is where the combine has moved Armstead to…Emery said it himself…the combine is about taking two prospects who are ranked closely and separating them…it’s not so much about forming an entirely different opinion on a guy…I think he would have been a late 2nd – early 3rd round prospect who has now moved up to the middle of the 2nd…but then again there is so much of a likeness with a lot of these prospects that they could really come off the board in any order…guys like Armstead, Watson, Long (if someone thinks he can play LT) Faulk could all come off the board around the same time depending on what teams are running and how interviews and medicals went…I think this draft is almost impossible to predict.
The #4 or 5 OT in a weak QB class, I think Armstead is a likely 1st rounder at this point.

Kinda missing my point their Sup lol…I’m saying who is to say Armstead is the #4 or #5 guy on many peoples boards?...we have heard from multiple sources that some have Watson as a 1st round talent…some even have him higher than Johnson…my point is these guys are all so close together that at #50 there will be a solid OT prospect available and it could be any of a number of guys depending on what teams are looking for…I would prefer Armstead but Watson or Faulk wouldn’t surprise me or really upset me either if they are the best available on the Bears board.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Question for Madmike90...do you think Eifert is a better prospect than Greg Olsen was coming in?

He reminds me of Olsen in some ways except that he doesn't have the same speed, and Olsen ended up going 31st overall his draft year and was the first TE to be drafted.

I'm thinking that if the Bears have a TE ranked high on their board going into the 1st then they'll be able to trade down to get him ie. Eifert or Ertz.

FYI I like the next two picks in Armstead and Gooden, I'm just not sure after that combine if Armstead lasts til the Bears pick in the 2nd.

Coming into his senior season I would have said no…because Eifert didn’t have the physical upside of Olsen as a receiver…but during Eifert’s senior season he provide to be a far better blocker than Olsen ever was in college while still being productive as a receiving threat…I think Eifert tested a little better than many expected also so I reckon he could go higher…also that 07 draft was loaded with top talent…I don’t see the elite talent in this year’s class but a lot of depth…

For me that is where the combine has moved Armstead to…Emery said it himself…the combine is about taking two prospects who are ranked closely and separating them…it’s not so much about forming an entirely different opinion on a guy…I think he would have been a late 2nd – early 3rd round prospect who has now moved up to the middle of the 2nd…but then again there is so much of a likeness with a lot of these prospects that they could really come off the board in any order…guys like Armstead, Watson, Long (if someone thinks he can play LT) Faulk could all come off the board around the same time depending on what teams are running and how interviews and medicals went…I think this draft is almost impossible to predict.
The #4 or 5 OT in a weak QB class, I think Armstead is a likely 1st rounder at this point.

Kinda missing my point their Sup lol…I’m saying who is to say Armstead is the #4 or #5 guy on many peoples boards?...we have heard from multiple sources that some have Watson as a 1st round talent…some even have him higher than Johnson…my point is these guys are all so close together that at #50 there will be a solid OT prospect available and it could be any of a number of guys depending on what teams are looking for…I would prefer Armstead but Watson or Faulk wouldn’t surprise me or really upset me either if they are the best available on the Bears board.
w/ the lack of quality QBs and offensive playmakers in this draft, I think we could see a similar 1st round to 2008 where 9 or 10 OL go in the first.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:

w/ the lack of quality QBs and offensive playmakers in this draft, I think we could see a similar 1st round to 2008 where 9 or 10 OL go in the first.

That's a fair point...what I'm saying is with so many guy so close together we don't really have a strong handle on how it's going to play out...wouldn't even shock me if we went with Armstead at #20...it is all dependent on how these guys are graded by individual teams.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:

That's a fair point...what I'm saying is with so many guy so close together we don't really have a strong handle on how it's going to play out...wouldn't even shock me if we went with Armstead at #20...it is all dependent on how these guys are graded by individual teams.

I think Armsteads value to the Bears depends on a couple of factors,

-The coaches apparently like Webb but at what position?

-What happens in free agency?

-Where Johnson goes in relation to 20 if he goes really early then 20 might not be crazy.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:

-Where Johnson goes in relation to 20 if he goes really early then 20 might not be crazy.
If Johnson goes top 10, I think Armstead at 20 is definitely not out of the quesion.

topwop1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:

If Johnson goes top 10, I think Armstead at 20 is definitely not out of the quesion.

Hmm I don't know about that. Let's take it a step back a little bit. People were saying the same thing about WR Stephen Hill possibly going 19th overall last year to Bears after a spectacular showing at the combine and if not to them these same people were convinced he'd go 1st round, to which he actually ended up being drafted in the 2nd, 43rd overall to the Jets.

I know offensive linemen, especially LTs are considered more valuable than WRs, but it's going to take a lot of convincing for a division 2 tackle like Armstead to be amongst consideration in the top 32 picks. I've seen crazier things happen so I'm not saying it won't happen, but it's pretty unlikely.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:

Hmm I don't know about that. Let's take it a step back a little bit. People were saying the same thing about WR Stephen Hill possibly going 19th overall last year to Bears after a spectacular showing at the combine and if not to them these same people were convinced he'd go 1st round, to which he actually ended up being drafted in the 2nd, 43rd overall to the Jets.

I know offensive linemen, especially LTs are considered more valuable than WRs, but it's going to take a lot of convincing for a division 2 tackle like Armstead to be amongst consideration in the top 32 picks. I've seen crazier things happen so I'm not saying it won't happen, but it's pretty unlikely.
We basically have 3 games worth evaluating, and 2 weeks worth of practice so the sample size is going to be short, but the tape looks really good for the kid. Like really, really good, you throw in the spectacular combine and he's going to be an uber fast riser. Now add on to that this draft lacks legit 1st round talent at the QB and playmaker positions and this means that OL are going to be taken higher than they would have likely been the past 3 years. Along w/ pass rushers and CBs.

WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armstead's cut ups that Mike posted are pretty good.

I think he has solid feet and a ton of skills to work with. I don't like that he gets bull rushed, but he sits a ton of them down.

One thing I always look at with OLmen is the times they are beat clean and I do not see many if any at all.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Armstead's cut ups that Mike posted are pretty good.

I think he has solid feet and a ton of skills to work with. I don't like that he gets bull rushed, but he sits a ton of them down.

One thing I always look at with OLmen is the times they are beat clean and I do not see many if any at all.
Armstead's school used to be called Arkansas A M and N and is in the same conference as Grambling and Jackson State. The conference has never been ignored so his success there is not to be discounted. I don't think he gets out of the first round and I agree there are going to be a lot of OL and DL drafted in the first.

L.C. Greenwood, of Pittsburgh's Steel Curtain, is an alumnus of Arkansas A M & N. As are several other NFL players.

So this isn't some unknown school.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: