Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trufant and Painter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
k5king25

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Trufant and Painter Reply with quote

I am really hoping that Trufant is still there at 51. I've been told that will never happen. After that Phillip Thomas in the third. Do you think this can happen?

Also, I really like what I saw from VT OT Vinston Painter during the combine. Really athletic. Read a few scouting reports on him and it seems that his flaws can be corrected with good coaching. Does anyone know anything that I am missing on this guy? I know Tech had a hard time running the ball last year.

"I am the trustee for the best bloody fans on the face of the earth." -- Jack Kent Cooke
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure Trufant has solidified himself as a top 50 pick, so if we traded up- possibly we could take him. I actually don't see how he gets out of round 1 and if we don't get to upgrade FS in Free agency, that's where I think they should and I've heard they will focus their attention in round 2. Cb is a problem but its not as big of a glaring need as FS is.

As for Vinston Painter, you're right, he's athletic. I don't know much about him but I'd say the running game struggles weren't all on the OL. Their talent level at rb significantly fell off after losing David Wilson.

Maybe he's someone we can get late or as an udfa and develop for a few years on the practice squad.

Interesting info on him from CBS:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1630592/vinston-painter

He was extremely raw when he arrived at Tech. He didn't play football till HS because he was always too big for his age group. He played both sides of the ball early on, but eventually settled in at OL. It hurt his development and because of that he wasn't a well known prospect going into the 2012 ACC season.

Quote:
"I feel like people were surprised, you know, basically coming from a guy who had taken very little snaps as I have, coming into a season being the starter," he said. "Basically going from a bench-rider to a starter that fast, you?d think the jitters and things would cause you not to perform as well, but I look forward to pressure situations like that. I feel as though I displayed my abilities to the best that I could, and people took notice.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Desmond Trufant will go top 20. He might even leap frog Johnthan Banks from Mississippi State. I can see Tampa taking him with their first pick in the draft.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
footy_29

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
I think that Desmond Trufant will go top 20. He might even leap frog Johnthan Banks from Mississippi State. I can see Tampa taking him with their first pick in the draft.

He will leap frog Banks. It will be Milliner, then Rhodes, then Trufant.

Blknite01's masterpiece
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

He will leap frog Banks. It will be Milliner, then Rhodes, then Trufant.

Yeah, with Rhodes running a 4.43, that all but makes him the 2nd overall CB.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: