Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB Tyler Bray
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brownie man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
^ I feel like u want to nutjobs at QB. Those guys are possible time bombs. We r not lucky enough to strike gold lol

Just because a player had made mistakes in the past doesn't mean they cant turn themselves into a respectable player. I think both guys have pro-bowl talent its hard to deny that. If we could get either of them to play to their potential and get past the character concerns you've got a franchise QB no doubt.
bruceb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
Most talented QB in the draft arm wise. I'd take him in the 3rd, but I've been a Bray fan since last season. I just like his swagger he reminds me of Brady in that sense. Knuckle head, but if he can put it all together you've got a true diamond. I'd take him in the third bring in worthwhile competition for Weeden. Hes only 21 so hes got some time to sit behind Weeden worse that could happen is he has a few nice preseason games and we eventually trade him for a 2nd later on.

Honestly though if we bring in a QB this offseason I want Mallet. If we bring him in Weeden will have lost a job I think Mallet is going to be a stud especially with the coaching of Chud and Norv.

Everything I have read says that will cost us a 2nd this year, which we don't have, so it would have to be our 1st next year.

No thanks.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
^ I feel like u want to nutjobs at QB. Those guys are possible time bombs. We r not lucky enough to strike gold lol

Just because a player had made mistakes in the past doesn't mean they cant turn themselves into a respectable player. I think both guys have pro-bowl talent its hard to deny that. If we could get either of them to play to their potential and get past the character concerns you've got a franchise QB no doubt.

I don't buy it.

Pro Bowl arm talent maybe, but so does Weeden. Weeden also has about 3300 more yards in the NFL than both the QBs you named, and wouldn't cost a penny, pick or additional roster spot.

Mallett isn't anywhere near worth a 2nd rounder, and neither is Bray. At best, I'd give a 5th for either of them.
mkk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ask yourself this question concerning the QB position and any other for that matter. who is our starter in 2-5 years when we should be in the playoffs. good teams always have a vision of what they have and what they need. Weeden was a panic move just like giving Minnesota picks to move up 1 spot for t rich. this is probably the best offensive staff we have had since Lindy and Bernie. Maybe we should give them some clay to mold with bray and sign a Matt Moore as cover if weeden fails and we do not have to rush him before he is mentally ready. as it stands right now our QB is a 30 yr old 2nd yr QB with 2 backups who don't fit the system.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think Mallett would be a damn fine QB, much better than Bray. He just worries the hell out of me.

Not to mention that Brady has 3 years left, max, and if the Pats thought this guy could succeed after he is gone, they wouldn't put him on the block right now.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
derekfelty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would pick Tyler over Brandon, any day.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

derekfelty wrote:
I would pick Tyler over Brandon, any day.

lol what

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: