Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Titans Draft Thread(We Own Pick #10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
So. After the combine, how many of you folks still want Te'o with our first round pick? Laughing

I said it before the combine, before the NC game, before the GF incident that I wanted nothing to do with him early in the draft. Since then, nothing has proven me wrong on that regard.

Some team might get suckered into a 2nd round pick on him, and he'll be considered a bust within a few seasons. I only pray we are not that franchise.

There is a reason it's called draft "season" because it goes on for a few months. Things happen people drop, people rise...

Months ago nobody said anything about Floyd being top 10.

Stand by my thoughts before the BCS game. He might not go high, but I still think he will be a good pro...if he gets over the whole catfished thing.
titans0021

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After looking over the combine results and then finding a few videos of him online, Xavier Rhodes is an incredibly intriguing prospect to me. Great size and real nice physicality for a corner. He timed very, very well and he has pretty solid quickness on the field.

Most sites indicate he's probably a second (some have him in the later part of the first, others late second/early third), considering our lack of proven talent beyond McCourty and Verner at corner makes him a guy I'm going to keep an eye on.
gotitansgo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
After looking over the combine results and then finding a few videos of him online, Xavier Rhodes is an incredibly intriguing prospect to me. Great size and real nice physicality for a corner. He timed very, very well and he has pretty solid quickness on the field.

Most sites indicate he's probably a second (some have him in the later part of the first, others late second/early third), considering our lack of proven talent beyond McCourty and Verner at corner makes him a guy I'm going to keep an eye on.

Xavier Rhodes is definitely an intriguing prospect. I am a FSU fan and have kept my eye on him. Like they said a lot at the combine, when you watch tape, that is more quick then fast. He can open his hips real well and can lay a good hit.

Another defensive player from FSU to keep an eye on is DE Tank Carradine. He tore his ACL late in the year, but scouts right now are raving on him. Come his Pro Day, he will be ready and will impress. There are some that think his production came from having Werner from the other side, but after watching the games again, I believe it is the otheway around
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Former NFL scout Bryan Broaddus questions if SMU DE Margus Hunt would be better off on offense.
"There is no doubt that he will be drafted as a defensive end and he will be used as one but could he be even better working on offense?" Broaddus writes. He suggested Hunt could make the switch to tight end because his style of play and size combination doesn't really fit anywhere along the defensive line. We think it would be a difficult transition, since Hunt will be 26 in July.

Wouldn't it be sadly funny if we drafted him and turned him into a Tight End too?
SMU's starting DE's, now Titans TE's. lol
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gil Brandt from NFL.Com has his post combine mock out. Has some surprises in his top 10. He has the Titans taking Warmack at #10.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/gil-brandt/165254?module=HP11_content_stream

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Gil Brandt from NFL.Com has his post combine mock out. Has some surprises in his top 10. He has the Titans taking Warmack at #10.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/gil-brandt/165254?module=HP11_content_stream

I just can't accept taking an OG at #10. I've been trying to talk myself into and that it is the best pick. That it will "set our position for years to come."

But I can't see it. An OG just doesn't impact the team enough to justify taking him at 10.
Give me the best defensive player on the board or an skill position. Anything other than an OG.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
lamont wrote:

I just can't accept taking an OG at #10. I've been trying to talk myself into and that it is the best pick. That it will "set our position for years to come."

But I can't see it. An OG just doesn't impact the team enough to justify taking him at 10.
Give me the best defensive player on the board or an skill position. Anything other than an OG.

I was one of the biggest advocate for drafting Warmack at #10 but I've steadily regressed on that stance. I'd rather have Star(if he checks out medically), Milliner, Richardson, Ansah, and maybe even Floyd or Werner over Warmack/Cooper.

However, I still think I'd rather take Warmack/Cooper over taking Vacarro,Mingo or Moore.

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs

Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
Flylow

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
lamont wrote:

Any other draft year, I would 1000% agree with you on this. However, in this draft and with this team. A player like Chance Warmack is too legit to pass up, I could care less what position he plays. Rather it's WR/DE/OG/S/CB or whatever, he is the surest thing in a draft filled with tons of "risk" players. I would gladly take a sure thing over something that might be "good" in a few seasons, especially when that sure thing is a MAJOR need for our team.

I understand that OG and interior offensive linemen aren't valued as a high as other positions, but Chance's caliber of player only comes along every 10 or so years. The last OG of this talent, coming from the draft, was Steve Hutchinson. And how did he pan out? Only the best OG for years in the NFL. If Warmack comes close to that and we can plug in another G via FA, plus Velasco, on the other side. Then that would fix one of our biggest problems on the offensive side of the ball. This draft is loaded with pass rushers and safety's, so I don't see the need to pick a DE in the 1st, especially since Wimbley and Morgan played well last season.

For the record, if we Ansah does turn out to be the pick at #10. While I won't love the pick and will continue to have doubts about him actually producing on the NFL level. I would still give him my support and root for him to succeed. So please don't take this as me just hating on him, since that's not it at all. I'm just not a fan and want no part of him on this team.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flylow wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
lamont wrote:

Any other draft year, I would 1000% agree with you on this. However, in this draft and with this team. A player like Chance Warmack is too legit to pass up, I could care less what position he plays. Rather it's WR/DE/OG/S/CB or whatever, he is the surest thing in a draft filled with tons of "risk" players. I would gladly take a sure thing over something that might be "good" in a few seasons, especially when that sure thing is a MAJOR need for our team.

I understand that OG and interior offensive linemen aren't valued as a high as other positions, but Chance's caliber of player only comes along every 10 or so years. The last OG of this talent, coming from the draft, was Steve Hutchinson. And how did he pan out? Only the best OG for years in the NFL. If Warmack comes close to that and we can plug in another G via FA, plus Velasco, on the other side. Then that would fix one of our biggest problems on the offensive side of the ball. This draft is loaded with pass rushers and safety's, so I don't see the need to pick a DE in the 1st, especially since Wimbley and Morgan played well last season.

For the record, if we Ansah does turn out to be the pick at #10. While I won't love the pick and will continue to have doubts about him actually producing on the NFL level. I would still give him my support and root for him to succeed. So please don't take this as me just hating on him, since that's not it at all. I'm just not a fan and want no part of him on this team.

I was waiting for someone to post this so I would not have to type all this. Laughing I agree with you 100%. Cooper, Warmack & Star(if his medical checks out) are my top 3 picks at #10.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case you missed CJ on NFL total access yesterday here is article recapping what he mumbled. Laughing

Sorry CJ, I got love for you brah. Embarassed Laughing

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000145957/article/chris-johnson-titans-must-rebuild-their-offensive-line?campaign=Twitter_atl

KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My beef with the "safest" pick is that last year DeCastro was the safest pick in the draft too and of course he didnt turn out to be that...

While I understand that he could be good as a prime Hutchinson, tell me how did our line do with people like Zach Pillar and Benji Olson for years? Two players who were'nt the greatest to ever play the position but were a pretty awesome guard tandem.

Where as years of William Hayes/Jacob Ford/Jovan Haye etc...low level draft picks that flashed or produced nothing...

My point is that you can get a OG that isn't the best ever, as long as that line as a whole bonds and does their job you can have success. Not saying try to turn 7th rounders or UDFA's into starters but solid 3rd rounders can make good OG's.

I just feel it would be better spent to use those high draft picks on true impact players. Players that can turn the tide on their own. Like a shut-down corner, Dynamic pass rusher..etc...

yeah there is some depth at the rusher position, there is also significant depth at the Interior line spot. If Cooper and Warmack at 9s &10s...Someone like Schwenke, Warford and Winters are 8.5s and 8's. You can win with 8's. And if there is a tie in depth. I choose the impact player over the interior line to break the tie.

I have a problem with an OG in the first but if it has to be done...for goodness sake....trade down.....
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
My beef with the "safest" pick is that last year DeCastro was the safest pick in the draft too and of course he didnt turn out to be that...

While I understand that he could be good as a prime Hutchinson, tell me how did our line do with people like Zach Pillar and Benji Olson for years? Two players who were'nt the greatest to ever play the position but were a pretty awesome guard tandem.

Where as years of William Hayes/Jacob Ford/Jovan Haye etc...low level draft picks that flashed or produced nothing...

My point is that you can get a OG that isn't the best ever, as long as that line as a whole bonds and does their job you can have success. Not saying try to turn 7th rounders or UDFA's into starters but solid 3rd rounders can make good OG's.

I just feel it would be better spent to use those high draft picks on true impact players. Players that can turn the tide on their own. Like a shut-down corner, Dynamic pass rusher..etc...

yeah there is some depth at the rusher position, there is also significant depth at the Interior line spot. If Cooper and Warmack at 9s &10s...Someone like Schwenke, Warford and Winters are 8.5s and 8's. You can win with 8's. And if there is a tie in depth. I choose the impact player over the interior line to break the tie.

I have a problem with an OG in the first but if it has to be done...for goodness sake....trade down.....

What corner are they going to take at #10? What dynamic pass rusher are they going to take at #10? Sorry, but there is not a Jevon Kearse in this year's draft. Munch and Ruston are not going to gamble on a pass rusher when their jobs depend on it. The 49ers could gamble on Aldon Smith in 2011, the Titan front office cannot gamble in April. I am not a "safest" pick kind of person, if I am picking at #10 I want a guy that will make a impact and be in the line up day 1 of training camp. What ever pass rusher you want to place in a mock at #10 will not walk in the door and start over Morgan & Wimbley day 1 of training camp. Now on the other hand a interior OL or DL will walk in the door and be a starter.

KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

What corner are they going to take at #10? What dynamic pass rusher are they going to take at #10? Sorry, but there is not a Jevon Kearse in this year's draft. Munch and Ruston are not going to gamble on a pass rusher when their jobs depend on it. The 49ers could gamble on Aldon Smith in 2011, the Titan front office cannot gamble in April. I am not a "safest" pick kind of person, if I am picking at #10 I want a guy that will make a impact and be in the line up day 1 of training camp. What ever pass rusher you want to place in a mock at #10 will not walk in the door and start over Morgan & Wimbley day 1 of training camp. Now a interior OL or DL will walk in the door and be a starter.

I was just giving examples of the type of player you aim to take in the top 10 or 1st round. Not saying there is that type player in the draft.

With that said, Nobody knows how these players are going to turn out. Each pick is a gamble. Warmack has holes in his game like the name man.

I don't think it will be an issue when the draft comes around anyway. I feel certain they will go after an OG in FA and pay him handsomely, making a need for an OG in the 1st null and void.

You and I disagree on what impact is and what type of player can make the fastest and that's ok. Smile

But I feel like they talk about on the radio, that Webster and Munchaki is going to go down they are going to do it their way. He will pick the player he likes the most. If it is an OG then so be it. But I don't think it will be. I think he will want a vet from FA rather than rely on a rookie.

Because we have Wimbley and Morgan, it will give the rookie pass rusher the opportunity to carry less of the load and unleashed to just go.....
The more we can rotate them the better they will be. Fresher and healthier.
justing101

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The NFL Network's Bucky Brooks believes Michigan State's Le'Veon Bell is the top RB in this class, "and it's not even close."
Brooks adds that "there is not a more complete back in this draft than Bell" and cites the Spartan's receiving skills, ability to carry a heavy workload, and hard nosed running style. "Now, that's not to say Bell is without flaws," Brooks writes. "He doesn't show explosive first-step quickness, and some scouts worry about his overall toughness, despite the remarkable production." He ultimately compares Bell to Steven Jackson.

I don't like Brooks, but I really like Bell and hope we can get him in the 3rd or 4th. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
Quote:
The NFL Network's Bucky Brooks believes Michigan State's Le'Veon Bell is the top RB in this class, "and it's not even close."
Brooks adds that "there is not a more complete back in this draft than Bell" and cites the Spartan's receiving skills, ability to carry a heavy workload, and hard nosed running style. "Now, that's not to say Bell is without flaws," Brooks writes. "He doesn't show explosive first-step quickness, and some scouts worry about his overall toughness, despite the remarkable production." He ultimately compares Bell to Steven Jackson.

I don't like Brooks, but I really like Bell and hope we can get him in the 3rd or 4th. Laughing

This is why you don't listen to Brooks.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 34 of 62

Jump to: