Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If you just had to choose...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which remaining players would you prefer to take at #10?
Ezekial Ansah, DL, BYU
29%
 29%  [ 7 ]
Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Corradelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida St.
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Other
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 24

Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:
I haven't watched any film (Youtube clips) of Ansah but he's sounding intriguing from you guys comment. I'll admit that I was underwhelmed by his Senior Bowl practices but during the actually game, he was the most impressive player I saw. I think when it's all said and done, he'll be Detroit's pick at #5.

Yeah, Detriot coached him in the Senior Bowl and from my understanding they love the guy.

His Senior Bowl practices made me not want to touch in the 1st all together. But seeing him play in the game, then seeing his youtube clips, showed me the foundation he has as a player and the plays he can make.

I keep saying it because I feel it to be true. He would make at least 2-3 gamechanging plays. (Tipped passes, sacks, tackle for loss, 3rd down stop..etc) All these things when done in the NFL can completely change the outlook of the game, I see him doing at least once a game.

Some look at his sack numbers and say 4.5 sacks, thats sorry. But when you see the clips of him playing NT and getting tripled teamed but still some how effecting the play by either getting in the throwing lane or working until the lineman give up thinking the ball gone and tracking down the QB or running down a RB from behind...you see his impact is bigger than sack totals.

Now in the 4-3 playing DE, I think he will put up some great sack totals. His athletic ability alone is good enough for about 6 sacks out the gate in my view. But then throw in his ability to time and bat the ball down. Ability to play the run. Ability to track down a play from the backside.

Some scouts has called him the "answer to the read-option." Cause he literally can re-direct and cut on a dime and accelerate to make a play.

Love him.

I see that I'm finding myself getting really worked up about him, but I guess that's the fun of it. Sacks are great, but I feel that if we were to only line him up at DE, we would be wasting his talents and shortchanging ourselves in the process. He's very disruptive at every position he plays, and his instincts and hustle are off the charts. Unlike a lot of players, he can be moved around to fit any formation we put out there, including the "Ruby" defense that Gray installed. If he's at all coachable, he's going to be a steal for somebody. Why not us?
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had to choose, you know I would take Leon Sandcastle without question.

In all honesty, Ansah, Floyd or Te'o would be my choices there -- Te'o provided his story checks out.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
If I had to choose, you know I would take Leon Sandcastle without question.

In all honesty, Ansah, Floyd or Te'o would be my choices there -- Te'o provided his story checks out.

Te'o? Are you kidding me? The guy is trash with bad instincts. He was a product of a great D-Line. When Nix and Tuitt had bad games, Te'o was horrible. Why on earth is anybody still this high on him?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: