Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Conz pre-combine mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone on this board complains about the OL and knows that it has destroyed our chances the last 4 years.

But at the same time does not want to invest heavily in the unit.

If it has not become clear that this OLs struggles are a talent issue then we have an issue of our own.

I know we are a defensive team and we always have been, but things are changing and we need to update the offense and that includes the talent on the OL.

Emery realized it and he fired a successful 10-6 coach because of the failures on offense. He could not have made a more powerful statement that this team is changing.
Walshy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amobi Okoye should be cut immediately, he is terrible.

Adopt-Bear:Jon Bostic Tackles: 56 INT:1 Sack:1
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Not enough OL, the OL you suggests adds 1 average player to a terrible unit.

LT Bushrod
LG ?
C Garza
RG Louis
RT Webb

That line still is terrible.

People this is an offensive team now. Emery out his eggs in the offensive basket when he traded for Marshall and fired Lovie for Treatman. Why would he put his reputation on the line for the offense and not our the resources there.

This OL needs a MINIMUM of 2 new Day 1 starters for Trestman and company to be successful.
I am assuming that you do not include LL returning to the lineup as a new starter? So that means 3 different players from the end of yr unit.

This is why any talk of taking a WR at 20 is madness. We need to trade that pick or take a OG/C. AND take another OL 4/5th round. Start scrutinizing guys who could be available there and tell us what you find.

I am not impressed with the FA Olinemen and the prices they will get. So I don't have a lot of hope for big help there. Especially considering the Peppers contract's constraints and the future Cutler contract.

Could Trestman have a hidden gem from Canada up his sleeve? There must be some who because of bad luck, things that happened, the stupidity of youth, etc. who wind up there and straighten themselves up and might be servicable.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

LT Bushrod
LG ?
C Garza
RG Louis
RT Webb

People this is an offensive team now. Emery out his eggs in the offensive basket when he traded for Marshall and fired Lovie for Treatman. Why would he put his reputation on the line for the offense and not our the resources there.

This OL needs a MINIMUM of 2 new Day 1 starters for Trestman and company to be successful.
I am assuming that you do not include LL returning to the lineup as a new starter? So that means 3 different players from the end of yr unit.

This is why any talk of taking a WR at 20 is madness. We need to trade that pick or take a OG/C. AND take another OL 4/5th round. Start scrutinizing guys who could be available there and tell us what you find.

I am not impressed with the FA Olinemen and the prices they will get. So I don't have a lot of hope for big help there. Especially considering the Peppers contract's constraints and the future Cutler contract.

Could Trestman have a hidden gem from Canada up his sleeve? There must be some who because of bad luck, things that happened, the stupidity of youth, etc. who wind up there and straighten themselves up and might be servicable.

Josh Bourke played for the Packers, but blew his knee in his 2nd camp and he is the best CFL Olmen.

But I think we will draft OL or TE depending on what happens in free agency.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

LT Bushrod
LG ?
C Garza
RG Louis
RT Webb

Idk maybe our first round draft pick 2 years ago.. or are we giving up on him already?

1. Who knows if he is healthy.
2. When on the field he has embarrassed himself.
3. He has never played LG.

Carimi can compete for a spot, but to rely on him is a huge gamble and the line you suggests has 1 average starter added from a unit that was terrible.

Talent is the issue.

Hey that's what I'm talkin about! I agree Carimi was terrible last season at Tackle.. I thought he did an Ok job at guard... I feel Gabe has a cross to bear this upcoming season which I do think he can excell at guard especially with Kromer.

Do you really want to bet next season on Carimi stepping up at LG, NO Garza not declining anymore, NO Louis coming back from ACL NO and Bushrod being a significant upgrade at OT? NO

A ton of risk with a position that has let is down for 5 years.
That is definitely true but any move will be a risk even the "sure thing".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: