Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Senior Bowl Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Evaluation starts with college players but DOES NOT END THERE nor have I pretended that it does. There was always doubt about Moore which is why he wasn't drafted at all much less highly. Signing him as an UDFA was just a no-lose afterthought much like our signing of James
Brown also considered draftable. It certainly does not mean either will stay in the league even another year. Nor does it change the fact that evaluations start with college careers.

As usual you are completely missing the point…

Steele’s record of ranking college prospects and players is poor…it doesn’t stack up to the likes of Scout.com or the Rivals…hence the reason he has no relevance when it comes to how players will be ranked by pro teams when they come out of college…Steele has no background in scouting college players to the pros so why on earth are you brining him up when that is what we are talking about?... Like unnamed CBS staffers you mean? LoL

There are far better sources for high school to college players than Steele and certainly far far better sources from college to the pros scouting…but you will stand by your belief that he holds some kind of relevance when it’s clear he doesn’t and continue to push ridiculous claims like just because a player like Barrett Jones went to Bama he must be better than the likes of Eric Fisher or Jonathan Cooper…which is laughable.
"...far better...", "it is clear" is just your opinion and easily countered with real quotes.

Having an opinion is fine just don't fall in love with it.

However, misrepresenting what I have said is NOT fine. Barrett Jones excellence was shown by his being recruited into the finest program in the country and excelling at three line positions while being on two championship team this is validation of his quality. This program consistently takes the best but cannot get all of them. Jones value is his incredible versatility not his alma mater. That is why I prefer him to Cooper and his experience is another reason why I prefer him to Fisher and Johnson.

The fact is that, if you are looking for Olinemen, Alabama is a great place to start and it is no accident that as many as three Olinemen could be drafted in the first round off that squad. And they will be immediate starters.

To start with the CBS guys aren’t just staffers…its Rob Rang & Dane Brugler both of whom write for multiple websites including NFL.com…of course you would have known that had you taken the time to do a little research before sprouting off…

Barrett Jones being recruited from high school has nothing to do with him becoming a pro…Xavier Nixon was the #5 HS recruit in the country in 2009…does that mean he should be drafted in the 1st round of the 2013 NFL draft? Of course it doesn’t…because plenty of great HS players bust in college the same way as many great college players bust in the NFL…using HS rankings to evaluate the draft makes no sense…there is no way Jones is a better prospect than Cooper or Fisher.
Yeah, I'll bet the NFL hangs on every word from those two. No one was using high school rankings so that canard falls flat. I was merely pointing out the word of a LONG TIME talent evaluator as it stood at the beginning of the year. Then you started with falsehoods about a "record" which does not exist.

Of course…how did I not see it…Al still stick in the past…

Doing something for a long time doesn’t necessarily mean you are good at it…Steele is proof of that.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Evaluation starts with college players but DOES NOT END THERE nor have I pretended that it does. There was always doubt about Moore which is why he wasn't drafted at all much less highly. Signing him as an UDFA was just a no-lose afterthought much like our signing of James
Brown also considered draftable. It certainly does not mean either will stay in the league even another year. Nor does it change the fact that evaluations start with college careers.

Steele’s record of ranking college prospects and players is poor…it doesn’t stack up to the likes of Scout.com or the Rivals…hence the reason he has no relevance when it comes to how players will be ranked by pro teams when they come out of college…Steele has no background in scouting college players to the pros so why on earth are you brining him up when that is what we are talking about?... Like unnamed CBS staffers you mean? LoL

There are far better sources for high school to college players than Steele and certainly far far better sources from college to the pros scouting…but you will stand by your belief that he holds some kind of relevance when it’s clear he doesn’t and continue to push ridiculous claims like just because a player like Barrett Jones went to Bama he must be better than the likes of Eric Fisher or Jonathan Cooper…which is laughable.
"...far better...", "it is clear" is just your opinion and easily countered with real quotes.

However, misrepresenting what I have said is NOT fine. Barrett Jones excellence was shown by his being recruited into the finest program in the country and excelling at three line positions while being on two championship team this is validation of his quality. This program consistently takes the best but cannot get all of them. Jones value is his incredible versatility not his alma mater. That is why I prefer him to Cooper and his experience is another reason why I prefer him to Fisher and Johnson.

The fact is that, if you are looking for Olinemen, Alabama is a great place to start and it is no accident that as many as three Olinemen could be drafted in the first round off that squad. And they will be immediate starters.

To start with the CBS guys aren’t just staffers…its Rob Rang & Dane Brugler both of whom write for multiple websites including NFL.com…of course you would have known that had you taken the time to do a little research before sprouting off…

Barrett Jones being recruited from high school has nothing to do with him becoming a pro…Xavier Nixon was the #5 HS recruit in the country in 2009…does that mean he should be drafted in the 1st round of the 2013 NFL draft? Of course it doesn’t…because plenty of great HS players bust in college the same way as many great college players bust in the NFL…using HS rankings to evaluate the draft makes no sense…there is no way Jones is a better prospect than Cooper or Fisher.
Yeah, I'll bet the NFL hangs on every word from those two. No one was using high school rankings so that canard falls flat. I was merely pointing out the word of a LONG TIME talent evaluator as it stood at the beginning of the year. Then you started with falsehoods about a "record" which does not exist.

Doing something for a long time doesn’t necessarily mean you are good at it…Steele is proof of that.
Steele has made his living for years consulting with those concerned about football talent so there is no need for me to defend him. Whatever neophyte you prefer at the moment is of no concern to me.

Generally doing something for a long time is how you get to be good at it. You youngsters are so clueless.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:

Steele has made his living for years consulting with those concerned about football talent so there is no need for me to defend him. Whatever neophyte you prefer at the moment is of no concern to me.

Generally doing something for a long time is how you get to be good at it. You youngsters are so clueless.

Nice generalisation there but let me ask you this…

Lovie Smith is the Bears coach for almost a decade…in your opinion was he good at his job?
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:

Lovie Smith is the Bears coach for almost a decade…in your opinion was he good at his job?
Not good enough. Steele hasn't been fired from his current job.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:

And you don’t see how that contradicts your earlier statement?
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:

And you don’t see how that contradicts your earlier statement?
Lovie Smith's fate (predicted by me) has nothing to do with any prior opinion of mine.

Your attack on a man with clear credentials provoked all this crap, an attack based on a falsehood. And I was not even holding him out as a major expert on the draft just as someone who gathers an enormous amount of information on the players and ranks them at the beginning of the college season.

Yet, somehow in your mania to prove me wrong about anything you dreamed up some "failure" in Steele's non-existent draft predictions and a mythological poor "record" in that area to lay at his feet.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Lovie Smith's fate (predicted by me) has nothing to do with any prior opinion of mine.

Your attack on a man with clear credentials provoked all this crap, an attack based on a falsehood. And I was not even holding him out as a major expert on the draft just as someone who gathers an enormous amount of information on the players and ranks them at the beginning of the college season.

Yet, somehow in your mania to prove me wrong about anything you dreamed up some "failure" in Steele's non-existent draft predictions and a mythological poor "record" in that area to lay at his feet.[/quote]

Of course it does…you can’t make a general statement about people being generally good at their job if they are in it for a long time then say that doesn’t apply with Lovie Smith without contradicting yourself.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:

Yet, somehow in your mania to prove me wrong about anything you dreamed up some "failure" in Steele's non-existent draft predictions and a mythological poor "record" in that area to lay at his feet.

Of course it does…you can’t make a general statement about people being generally good at their job if they are in it for a long time then say that doesn’t apply with Lovie Smith without contradicting yourself.[/quote]A person in Steele's position is good at his job or he does not keep it. Good football coaches get fired in many instances because, though they may be "good," they are simply not good enough. There is no contradiction at all. In Smith's case he was NOT "good" at making the playoffs so overall he was not "good".

But to prove Steele to be no good you had to promote a falsehood and concoct a non-existent record of failure at something he never even attempted. Pretty pathetic.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:

Of course it does…you can’t make a general statement about people being generally good at their job if they are in it for a long time then say that doesn’t apply with Lovie Smith without contradicting yourself.[/quote]A person in Steele's position is good at his job or he does not keep it. Good football coaches get fired in many instances because, though they may be "good" they are simply not good enough. There is no contradiction at all.

But to prove Steele to be no good you had to promote a falsehood and concoct a non-existent record of failure at something he never even attempted. Pretty pathetic.

This from the guy using the big bold writing to try and get out of a corner he backed himself into after clearly contradicting himself...you said people in jobs for a long time are generally good at it...I called you on it with Lovie Smith...you contradicted yourself by saying it was somehow different in Lovie’s case even tho he had been our HC for 9 years…as usual Al you are full of it.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys can we please move on?

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:

Of course it does…you can’t make a general statement about people being generally good at their job if they are in it for a long time then say that doesn’t apply with Lovie Smith without contradicting yourself.[/quote]A person in Steele's position is good at his job or he does not keep it. Good football coaches get fired in many instances because, though they may be "good" they are simply not good enough. There is no contradiction at all.

This from the guy using the big bold writing to try and get out of a corner he backed himself into after clearly contradicting himself...you said people in jobs for a long time are generally good at it...I called you on it with Lovie Smith...you contradicted yourself by saying it was somehow different in Lovie’s case even tho he had been our HC for 9 years…as usual Al you are full of it.
Aren't we all?

My bolding was because there seems to be something different in our posts that makes it harder to distinguish between each party's comments.

Inertia is not equal to quality.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Guys can we please move on?
It is like a private conversation. But I'm willing to admit he is wrong. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Page 20 of 20

Jump to: