Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

T-Hawks Rams Mock Draft New!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: T-Hawks Rams Mock Draft New!!! Reply with quote

Hey guys how is it going? The combine is putting me in the draft mood. Here is a brand new offseason for our Rams! Snead has addressed the need to put weapons around Bradford. Well this draft definitely addresses this!

Assume in this mock draft that Jackson and Amendola have not been resigned!!

Round one #16- Jonathan Cooper OG UNC- Lets face it I feel that Jockel, Fisher, Johnson, and Warmack will all be gone by our pick. Cooper is a good considilation prize. He is a better pass blocker and is more athletic than Warmack. He is one incredible prospect that will really help our offensive line.

Round one #22- Tavon Austin WR WVU- Our offense needs an explosive player. Austin is one of the most explosive player maker to come out in years. He put up over 500 yards in one game against Oklahoma! He will replace Amendola in the slot. He will also handle kick and punt return duties helping our field position immensely. He is a blend of Harvin and Welker. He is a total beast #GameChanger!

Round two- Justin Hunter WR Tennessee- Snead says he wants to give Bradford more weapons. Well here is another weapon to add to Bradford's armory! He is a tall wide reciever that is very tall and explosive. He reminds me a lot of A.J. Green that justs needs to get polished. From his interviews at the combine it shows he wants to win. Hunter is going to be a total steal giving us a great wide reciever corps!

Round three- D.J. Swearinger FS South Carolina- I love this kid and I don't know why he isn't getting the love he deserves. He is a big hitter and is really good in coverage. Reminds me a lot of Dashon Goldson.

Round four- Brennan Williams OT UNC- I really like Williams as a prospect. He is a right tackle which is great since Saffold is a great left tackle. Williams excels at run blocking and will be an instant starter. Our oline is going to be looking good! Injuries will push Williams to the fourth round.

Round five- Michael Williams TE Alabama- I really like Williams. He is a great blocker. This will allow Kendricks to be more of a reciever which he is good at. Williams is by far the best blocking tight end in the draft!

Round Six- Earl Wolff SS North Carolina State- Very underrated prospect. He is great in the box and a great run defender. Look this kid up. He is a very good player that will be a star in a couple of years.

Round seven- Spencer Ware RB LSU- A big bruising back that will be great to pair up with the change of pace backs in Ricardson and Pead. He is a good power back that will replace Jackson.

Roster
Offense
QB- Sam Bradford
RB- Daryl Richardson, Isaiah Pead, Spencer Ware
FB- Free Agent or UDFA
WR- Justin Hunter, Brian Quick, Tavon Austin, Chris Givens, Austin Pettis
TE- Lance Kendricks, Michael Williams
LT- Rodger Saffold
RT- Brennan Williams
OG- Jonathen Cooper, Harvey Dahl
C- Scott Wells

Defense
DE- Chris Long, Robert Quinn
DT- Michael Brockers, Kendall Langford
MLB- James Lauriniatis
WLB- Jo-Lonn Dunbar
SLB- Free agent, player on roster or UDFA
CB- Cortland Finnegan, Janoris Jenkins
FS- D.J. Swearinger
SS- Earl Wolff, Free Agent, Darian Stewart, etc.

Special Teams
K- Greg Zuerilin
p- Johnny Hecker
Kick and punt returner- Tavon Austin.

How do you guys like the draft. It seems pretty realistic. We finally get Bradford weapons. What do you guys think? Go Rams!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get behind Cooper at 16. I also don't think Hunter lasts till 46, I hope he does but I think he will go in the 20-40 range.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the draft goes like this then I would be happy.

1. Amari Cooper
2. Brandon Scherff
3. Todd Gurley
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would be very happy with this draft but doubt Hunter drops that far. Either way I'd be happy with Austin and Cooper/Warmack in round 1 and one of Hunter/Hopkins/Rogers/Wheaton/Patton in round 2.
Wr80

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much to think about, a lot of better picks at #16 I doubt we take Cooper. I would have to see what the first 15 picks look like before jumping on him.
jjab360

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of guys that I don't think fall as far as you have them going, but what can I say... I love it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the first two picks. Wouldn't mind if it went down like that.
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like Luke Joeckel, Chance Warmack, Eric Fisher, Lane Johnson, and Cordarelle Patterson will be gone by our sixteenth pick. Who do you go with then? Who would you guys go with besides Cooper?????????????

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams4eva92 wrote:
I feel like Luke Joeckel, Chance Warmack, Eric Fisher, Lane Johnson, and Cordarelle Patterson will be gone by our sixteenth pick. Who do you go with then? Who would you guys go with besides Cooper?????????????

Honestly, at this point, I'd go with Vacarro, as down as I have been on him in the past. That guy can cover with the best of them. Ogletree, Fluker a few other guys I'd rather personally.

I'm not a fan of Cooper at #16 at all.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
ctp2124

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams4eva92 wrote:

Let's say these 15 players go before him, this is WalterFootball's Latest Mock (I just used this for convenience, I disagree with a few guys but it's not horrible):

1 Joeckel
2 Star
3 Floyd
4 Milliner
5 Werner
6 Moore
7 Fisher
8 Geno
9 Ziggy
10 Warmack
11 Dion
12 Patterson
13 Banks
14 Hankins
15 Jarvis

In this scenario I'd take Johnson, Mingo, Sheldon, Vaccaro, Keenan, and Ogletree.

I just don't like Cooper's value at 16. I'd rather have Warford or Long at 46.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Lane Johnson not getting past the chargers with his combine performance. All good o line people take. Aleady

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
Rams4eva92 wrote:

Honestly, at this point, I'd go with Vacarro, as down as I have been on him in the past. That guy can cover with the best of them. Ogletree, Fluker a few other guys I'd rather personally.

Ogletree is falling but honestly Vacarro would be great at 16, plenty of defense that would be available as well.
FRO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent mock.

Cooper is certainly not a reach at 16. Would absolutely love this draft.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
Rams4eva92 wrote:

I like Vacarro and wouldn't mind the Rams selecting him in the 1st. I want to like Ogletree but a couple draft analysts reported that he is a complete idiot in the interviews.
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mel Kiper said on ESPN that Tavon Austin is a top 15 pick would you guys like picking Austin at 16 and DJ Fluker at 22?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: