Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lunatic Combine Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tim199009

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halradio wrote:
I hear you giving up on draft picks. I remember when Jermoe Bettis wore Rams blue and gold.

I just haven't seen enough from Pead to say this kid can carry the load.

pead can definitly tote the rock. And this year hes going to play with a chip on his shoulder because he was frustrated with his playing time last year

As for the draft lunatic, to be honest i just dont see fisher and snead drafting a guard in the first no matter how good warmack is. At this point im willing to almost bet we will not draft an offensive lineman at all in the first. Especially after hearing that Snead's/Fisher's number 1 priority is :

1. More playmakers, more touchdowns
2. Stopping our division rivals weapons

which means our board is going to look something like this:
1.a Wr
1b Safety
2 Tackle
3 Guard
4 OLB

We will likely draft a Tackle before a Guard because as you mentioned with forgetting draft picks, we just drafted Rok last year and they seem to like him. Plus in my opinion shelley smith did a good job last season with the limited time he had in the offense. Let the guy have a full offseason under our offense ( same with Barksdale).

If anything a RT will be drafted in the second or beyond, and maybe a guard later on.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Warmack is there at 16 (and IMO he probably won't be), I can see Snead and company taking him.

The Rams got by on arguably the second worst o-line in the division - particularly the interior. In fact IMO the only reason the Rams had any success running the ball last season was largely due to SJAX.

With Jackson voiding his contract making his future in Rams blue and gold for 2013 in doubt, IMO the Rams HAVE to get somebody that can create holes.

As of right now I feel the Rams will have plenty of choices for play maker at 22 whether it be a WR, pass catching TE, or RB. However, 16 may be the upper limit for snagging one of the top rated OTs or OGs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: