Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who are you? Part II-- Introduce yourself, or update us!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backwoodsboy65 wrote:
Well, its been a while, but since I have had some spare time as of late... figured I could come back and make some posts more often.

A LOT has changed since my introductory post here...

Backwoodsboy65 wrote:
Name: Matt
Occupation: Full-time student (UCF - Mechanical Engineering), work at Interstate Batteries.
Hobbies: I spend my fall/winter hunting deer; Summer nights hunting hogs. I like to bass fish, play football, etc...
Music: Lynyrd Skynyrd, Eagles, some country music, ZZ Top, Hank Williams Jr, Kid Rock, other rock bands, some rap.

I didn't make it past High School Football... Sad But, I was MVP in JV and a Captain of the Varsity team my senior year.
Been a Dolphins fan since birth. Still have my first Dolphin jerseys in the attic (Marino, Duper).

I am now 26 years old and graduated from UCF with a degree in Marketing, not engineering. I am going into my 8th year of coaching HS Football. I now teach Sports & Entertainment Marketing at New Smyrna Beach HS and coach the O Line.

I was the original moderator of this forum and used to spend a lot of time here. Good to see it is still up and running with some good familiar faces. I am not as much of a hardcore Dolphins fan as I once was, but I have become more of a fanatic of the actual game itself. For the last 3 years I have been completely infatuated with the pistol offense and it is my true love.

I remember that when I first joined the site, the big discussion was whether we would get Edgerrin James, Shaun Alexander, or draft a RB like Cedric Benson.... Since then, Ronnie Brown came and went, along with the likes of Ted Ginn, John Beck, Chad Henne, Pat White, Phillip Merling, Lorenzo Booker, Jason Allen, Matt Roth, Channing Crowder, and Tony Bua (for the originals here). But, one thing remains the same... a bunch of manic dolphins fans sitting on the edge of their seat, waiting for their team to make the move that will put the franchise on the right track. That, my friends, is what makes a football team so great. Its the fans. Not just the ones that wear a jersey for their favorite team on a random whim... the ones that obsess about every transaction their crappy GM makes. The ones that notice the news article about the backup LB straining his hip flexor. So, know that no matter how bad of a decision the GM made, or how much better your decision would have been, know that you always will have someone to tell or gripe to on these forums.

I sure am glad these things don't exist for HS football...

No longer at Oviedo/Hagerty? (Forget which one it was)

Been around those schools a lot this semester. Let me know if you are back in town and we'll have to meet up.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: