Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2013 Off-Season Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 84, 85, 86  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flylow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Cullen Jenkins was just released by the Eagles. Sign me up.

I doubt he would come here. Not saying, I don't want him, but I don't see him being a real possible FA target. If I had to guess, the Packers or another 3-4 team would be an ideal place for him to land. Since he had his best seasons in that scheme and seemed to never fit in Philly's 4-3 scheme.

I might be wrong, but that was my first thought when I heard the news of his release.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it March 12 yet?

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 3 receptions, 63 yards, 0 touchdowns
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
justing101

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/47654/combine-takeaways-tennessee-titans

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Is it March 12 yet?

I know. It is kind of exciting the Titans claim they will get off the sidelines early in free agency this year. Shocked

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Is it March 12 yet?

I know. It is kind of exciting the Titans claim they will get off the sidelines early in free agency this year. Shocked

Will they hold true to their word or are they all talk? Think
lamont

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
lamont wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Is it March 12 yet?

Will they hold true to their word or are they all talk? Think

All of their a@#*s are in a sling (front office & coaching staff), so I think they will pull in a free agent class like 2008. Unfortunately Vasquez & Levitre maybe pricing themselves out of the Titan's market. I heard the Colts will be hot on Vasquez trail as well due to front office connections.

Per Rotoworld.
Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter calls Louis Vasquez "one of the biggest sleeper free agents out there." The Chargers are going to have their hands full retaining Vasquez thanks to supply and demand. Outside of Andy Levitre, there simply aren't many starting caliber guards available. The Chargers may have to pay more than market value if they want to get Vasquez locked up before free agency opens in two weeks.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wondering if we would be interested in striking a deal with Glenn Dorsey. I feel like we could pull him in with a mid level type of contract. He has been playing out of position in the 3-4 for his entire time in KC. I feel like he could be a solid addition to our DT rotation by going back to his natural position in a 4-3 defense. I could see him making an impact opposite Casey, but obviously it would all depend on if we thought that Star could possibly fall to us at 10.
justing101

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SerenityNow wrote:
I've been wondering if we would be interested in striking a deal with Glenn Dorsey. I feel like we could pull him in with a mid level type of contract. He has been playing out of position in the 3-4 for his entire time in KC. I feel like he could be a solid addition to our DT rotation by going back to his natural position in a 4-3 defense. I could see him making an impact opposite Casey, but obviously it would all depend on if we thought that Star could possibly fall to us at 10.

I'd love to sign him for cheap and see what he has got.

For us to be interested in him would probably all depend on if we resign Marks though.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Alex Smith trade San Fran now has some major ammo in terms of picks this years. Would you all trade our first for a handful of theirs? I believe the have 29 31 59 plus 2 3rds. Just speculation they could be losing Goldson maybe they really love Vaccaro? I don't just talking some buzz. They may go and try to get Revis as well I don't know we need Free Agency though

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@jwyattsports: #Titans TE Brandon Barden was arrested for a DUI in Georgia, per WRDW in Augusta. Barden, who played at Vandy, is from Lincolnton Ga”

Quote:
“@jwyattsports: Just talked to Georgia police regarding Brandon Barden. On arrest booking report, he's charged with traffic violations, including a DUI”

Quote:
“@jwyattsports: The #Titans are aware of the incident, and "still gathering facts"”

Been hanging out with Britt Laughing
justing101

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The NFL has set the 2013 salary cap at $123.9 million, up from $120.6 million in 2012.
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport initially reported the cap would be $123 million flat, but ESPN's Chris Mortensen says after accounting for league revenues, it gets a $900,000 bump. It's not a major spike, but it gives teams a little more breathing room than we were expecting. It could be the difference in keeping a veteran or signing a free agent.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever since MADD got DUI bac dropped to .08, anyone out on Sat night can be arrested for DUI. Ridiculous.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
lamont

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Rotoworld article matches potential free agents with new teams for free agency in 2 weeks. The writer has Peyton Hillis coming to the Titans as the change of pace back the Titans are looking for this offseason. It would eliminate the drafting of a RB in the higher rounds, but the price tag on a drafted RB will be lower than a 1 year deal for Hillis. Thoughts....

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/42650/309/free-agency-fits?pg=2

Iceman88

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
This Rotoworld article matches potential free agents with new teams for free agency in 2 weeks. The writer has Peyton Hillis coming to the Titans as the change of pace back the Titans are looking for this offseason. It would eliminate the drafting of a RB in the higher rounds, but the price tag on a drafted RB will be lower than a 1 year deal for Hillis. Thoughts....

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/42650/309/free-agency-fits?pg=2

I would love that idea, accept I would still draft a running back. Signing Hillis for one year and then drafting Marcus Lattimore would make a ton of sense. It would give Lattimore ample time to recover from his injury and we would have a solid change of pace back and Hillis would eliminate the need to have a FB on the roster since he and Stevens could cover that position.

Props to Kempes ^
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcons released Abraham today. I know we looked at bringing him in last year. He could be a good piece on our D. Still put up 10 sacks last year along with 7 passes defended. Plus we could use the veteran leadership on D. I wouldn't mind bringing him in on a 2 year deal.
Kendall Wright - 14 catches 121 yards, TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 84, 85, 86  Next
Page 27 of 86

Jump to: