Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 free agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Eagles released DT Cullen Jenkins.
Jenkins' time in Philadelphia ends just two years into a five-year, "$25 million" deal. The Eagles are still on the hook for $1.5 million guaranteed in Jenkins' contract, but the move saves $4.1 million in cap space. Part of the Eagles' ballyhooed 2011 free agent class, Jenkins ended up tallying 9.5 sacks in 32 games. He registered seven sacks in 11 contests for the Packers during his walk year in 2010. The emergence of Fletcher Cox and the Eagles' abandonment of the "Wide 9" made Jenkins wholly expendable. Still a decent enough pass rusher, 32-year-old Jenkins should draw interest as a role player. We wouldn't rule out a return to Green Bay.

roto

Worth a look?

I remember the Eagles 2011 Free Agent period. They signed Nnamdi, Jenkins, Ronnie Brown, and a couple of other decent players (or at least relatively big names, can't remember who).

2 years later and all the big name guys are getting cut, or about to get cut. Just proof that big names in FA are overrated...for all the talk about rookies adapting to the NFL, veterans tend to have just as tough a time adjusting from one pro scheme to another.

I think it depends on the player.

Nnamdi was misused horribly in Philly. I'd be all for the 49ers signing him at the right price and making him return to form. Jenkins was just the product of getting hot at the right time on a SB winning team and then crashing and burning after.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, "maybe the most coveted" name on the free-agent cornerback market is Sean Smith.
Rapoport lists the Eagles, 49ers, Buccaneers, and Lions as teams that "value" Smith. All are cornerback needy, and Philadelphia reportedly likes Smith "a ton." Rapoport suggests the Eagles may let free agent Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie walk, sign Smith, and bring back Nnamdi Asomugha on a restructured contract

roto.

I wouldn't mind him especially with Ed still on our staff but I highly doubt we make a move for him unless we do something with Carlos.
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Sean Smith. I think he would be perfect here. I think Carlos is going to fall off this up coming season.

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
EverythingSF

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
I like Sean Smith. I think he would be perfect here. I think Carlos started to fall off last season

Edited it up a bit Wink

^Thanks to NS922

EverythingSF wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Alex's Mom?

Alex's High School Backup? Wink
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, "maybe the most coveted" name on the free-agent cornerback market is Sean Smith.
Rapoport lists the Eagles, 49ers, Buccaneers, and Lions as teams that "value" Smith. All are cornerback needy, and Philadelphia reportedly likes Smith "a ton." Rapoport suggests the Eagles may let free agent Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie walk, sign Smith, and bring back Nnamdi Asomugha on a restructured contract

roto.

I wouldn't mind him especially with Ed still on our staff but I highly doubt we make a move for him unless we do something with Carlos.

well we have the best team of the bunch. and hes from pasenda california. you know he want to go to a winning team and come back to the west coast! Cool

new sig... sorry alex
adamq

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smith is a very good corner with length that almost nobody has at the position.. Wouldn't cutting/trading Rogers come with a minimal cap hit? If so I hope we get him.

-kiltman

Uncle Buck wrote:
I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports the Packers have expressed interest in free agent DL Ricky Jean-Francois.
Jean-Francois, 26, has started just five games since entering the league in 2009, but he was the top backup for the Niners at all three defensive line spots last year. Green Bay would likely give him a chance to start at right end with Jerel Worthy's (knee) season in doubt. San Francisco is expected to let Jean-Francois test the market, even though they would like to re-sign the run-stuffer.

roto
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:
Smith is a very good corner with length that almost nobody has at the position.. Wouldn't cutting/trading Rogers come with a minimal cap hit? If so I hope we get him.

I love his size and speed. I think he just needs some good coaching to keep his play consistent. We have seen what Seattle can do with their duo of Sherman and browner and this is a copycat league.

I wouldn't mind it if we moved Cully to FS, Dashon to SS, and cut Rogers. However, I doubt any of this will happen but we can hope for the best. Atleast in this case, we could move Cox to the nickle and draft someone to battle him for that spot also.
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:

I thought i read that there was a heavy cap hit.
But I've been looking and only his signing bonus and 2012 were guaranteed. If we cut him before April, we owe nothing.
Quote:
Updating previous reports, San Francisco 49ers CB Carlos Rogers received a four-year, $29.3 million deal that includes a $5 million signing bonus. He will count $5.5 million against the team's salary cap this season. His base salary in 2012 is $3.9 million and he will receive annual $100,000 workout bonuses. He could receive up to $250,000 in early roster bonuses. His base salaries are $5.5 million (2013), $6.25 million (2014) and $7.25 million (2015). Through incentives, he could pocket another $2 million. His 2012 base salary is guaranteed, as is $1.75 million of his 2013 salary. If Rogers is on roster as of April 1, 2013, his entire $5.5 million salary in 2013 will be guaranteed.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=775489-49ers-carlos-rogers-contract-details#ixzz2M1reffeG

But he also had a little restructure last year for bowman. All I could find for that was another site said
2012 Restructure: $900,000
Idk if that means we gave him that extra last season to lower the cap hot for 2013?

Quote:
CURRENT SALARY INFORMATION
Contract:4 yr(s) / $29,300,000 Signing Bonus $5,000,000 Average Salary $7,325,000 End Year:2015 Free Agent:2016 / Unrestricted
BASE SALARY S. BONUS MISC. BONUS CAP HIT
2012 3,000,000 1,475,000 291,226 4,766,226
2013 5,500,000 1,475,000 369,351 7,344,351
2014 6,250,000 1,475,000 369,351 8,094,351
2015 7,250,000 1,475,000 369,351 9,094,351
2016 UFA
Annual Workout Bonus: $100,000
Annual Roster Bonus: $250,000
Incentives: $2 million

If we could get smith. Would love to cut Rogers. His cap hit this year is almost 7.5 mill

new sig... sorry alex
Forge

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
adamq wrote:

I thought i read that there was a heavy cap hit.
But I've been looking and only his signing bonus and 2012 were guaranteed. If we cut him before April, we owe nothing.
Quote:
Updating previous reports, San Francisco 49ers CB Carlos Rogers received a four-year, $29.3 million deal that includes a $5 million signing bonus. He will count $5.5 million against the team's salary cap this season. His base salary in 2012 is $3.9 million and he will receive annual $100,000 workout bonuses. He could receive up to $250,000 in early roster bonuses. His base salaries are $5.5 million (2013), $6.25 million (2014) and $7.25 million (2015). Through incentives, he could pocket another $2 million. His 2012 base salary is guaranteed, as is $1.75 million of his 2013 salary. If Rogers is on roster as of April 1, 2013, his entire $5.5 million salary in 2013 will be guaranteed.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=775489-49ers-carlos-rogers-contract-details#ixzz2M1reffeG

But he also had a little restructure last year for bowman. All I could find for that was another site said
Idk if that means we gave him that extra last season to lower the cap hot for 2013?

Quote:
CURRENT SALARY INFORMATION
Contract:4 yr(s) / $29,300,000 Signing Bonus $5,000,000 Average Salary $7,325,000 End Year:2015 Free Agent:2016 / Unrestricted
BASE SALARY S. BONUS MISC. BONUS CAP HIT
2012 3,000,000 1,475,000 291,226 4,766,226
2013 5,500,000 1,475,000 369,351 7,344,351
2014 6,250,000 1,475,000 369,351 8,094,351
2015 7,250,000 1,475,000 369,351 9,094,351
2016 UFA
Annual Workout Bonus: $100,000
Annual Roster Bonus: $250,000
Incentives: $2 million

If we could get smith. Would love to cut Rogers. His cap hit this year is almost 7.5 mill

I thought I had read from one of the Matt's that we had already decided to bring rogers back for at least one more year?

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport says to "watch the Eagles" on free agent DL Ricky Jean-Francois.
Rapoport's advice came in a tossed-off reply on Twitter, but it's the second team Jean-Francois has been linked to in the past two days. The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported Monday that the Packers are interested. The Sideline View's Adam Caplan believes as many as 5-6 teams could pursue the reserve D-lineman. It's looking like Jean-Francois has played his last snap in San Francisco.

roto

(insert oldman's emoticon waving bye)
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lions' interest in free agent Reggie Bush is reportedly "real."
Per the Detroit Free Press, "plenty of NFL people at the combine believe the Lions will make Bush a primary target in free agency." It makes plenty of sense as Matthew Stafford sorely missed the versatile talents of Jahvid Best last season. Bush would fit in nicely as a pass-catcher out of the backfield and change-of-pace option next to Mikel Leshoure. The biggest question will be his pricetag, as the Lions are currently up against the salary cap.

roto

Yahoo's Jason Cole says that "based on what was happening" at the Combine, free agent Steven Jackson's "likely landing spot" is Atlanta.
It's the same vibe Rams beat writer Jim Thomas is getting. The Falcons see Jacquizz Rodgers as a mere change-of-pace option, evidenced by the 222 carries they gave washed-up Michael Turner last season. Although Jackson has plenty of wear on his tires, he's averaged 4.23 yards per carry over the last two seasons behind a horrendous Rams offensive line. S-Jax has also averaged 8.17 yards per reception over that span, staving off a decline by staying in tremendous physical condition. He'd be an ideal addition for the Falcons' up-tempo offense.

roto
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport says to "watch the Eagles" on free agent DL Ricky Jean-Francois.
Rapoport's advice came in a tossed-off reply on Twitter, but it's the second team Jean-Francois has been linked to in the past two days. The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported Monday that the Packers are interested. The Sideline View's Adam Caplan believes as many as 5-6 teams could pursue the reserve D-lineman. It's looking like Jean-Francois has played his last snap in San Francisco.

roto

(insert oldman's emoticon waving bye)

Seems like an attempt by his agent to drive up his price in negotiations with the niners, seeing how he can't technically negotiate with any other team. Drive up the price until we let him walk and then have teams overbid for him.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well unless the team can find some common ground with Sopoaga, or the RJF situation does a 180, it looks like we will have an even higher priority on the DL this offseason. It isn't good to go into the draft needing a starter so I expect we will see some signings along the DL in early free agency. Who is going to be available there?

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
49ersfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want RJF back but i think we need a more disruptive option as a future heir for Justin Smith. I dunno if i'd feel comfortable with RJF as the long-term option at RDE. I think he would be a better option at NT because it requires less of a pass rush.

I'm sure SF wants him back, but at what price...if we're offering 3-4 a year and some team is offering 6, i can't see Baalke upping his offer...

Lets not forget RJF was a 7th round pick and we have a heck of a DL coach, i'm confident we can coach up anybody. Who knows, maybe Demarcus Dobbs or Tony Jerrod-Eddie is ready for that role of backup DL. And we can still draft someone in the first 3 rounds as a heir for Justin.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 11 of 99

Jump to: