Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Josh Freeman/Darrelle Revis Swap?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JMG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freeman is a train wreck. He'd be hammered here in NY.

[]_[] Family
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Freeman turned 25 in January & has the makings of an elite QB in the league. Transitioned to a new offensive system that featured downfield passing in 2013. The idea that Mornhinweg operating a WCO would deter this move is ludicrous. What deters this move is finances.

Darrelle Revis wants to be the highest paid Defensive Player in Football. Can a smaller market club like Tampa Bay afford to make that type of commitment? Would Revis want to stay in TB longterm? I sincerely doubt it, as he has an eye for the spotlight.

Look the sensible move is trading Cromartie & Keeping Revis. Take Cromartie's cap hit in 2013; and utilize the subsuquent savings in 2014 to lockup Revis longterm.
teamorange

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kS_qLzPWVg

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

sharpy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you require talent to run a WCO. I can just see Sanchez. LOL
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
Josh Freeman turned 25 in January & has the makings of an elite QB in the league. Transitioned to a new offensive system that featured downfield passing in 2013. The idea that Mornhinweg operating a WCO would deter this move is ludicrous. What deters this move is finances.

Darrelle Revis wants to be the highest paid Defensive Player in Football. Can a smaller market club like Tampa Bay afford to make that type of commitment? Would Revis want to stay in TB longterm? I sincerely doubt it, as he has an eye for the spotlight.

Look the sensible move is trading Cromartie & Keeping Revis. Take Cromartie's cap hit in 2013; and utilize the subsuquent savings in 2014 to lockup Revis longterm.

Why would Tampa being a small-market team have any effect? This isnt the mlb, every team has the $ to sign revis... The issue is the cap, not that tb doesnt have money.

Also Tampa has tons of cap room so I dont see why Tampa's market matters in a trade.

Also revis cares a lot more about $ than he does the spotlight (IMO)
xenajets

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather the Glazer family spend their money on Man Utd and just let us resign Revis!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets aren't going to have any quick fixes for the quarterback situation or a lot of other spots for that matter, and I don't think trading Revis is on their mind, unless he forces the issue.

The issue with Revis is that he deserves to be paid as one of the league's top players period given what he's done, but the injury is serious and the Jets need some sort of assurance that's he is on the right track to getting back to his best level. Right now we're in a cap mess, re-signing Revis and making him one of the league's top paid players if he never comes back as good as he was before is another poor and significant cap commitment.

The problem is that if Revis doesn't show up to team activities as a show of good faith and the Jets can't monitor where he's at, than the Jets have to do something. Either trade him or take the risk of re-signing him off the injury.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: