Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Rumor/Signings Thread III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Moore isn't going in the 1st round after his Combine.

I have to disagree. He will be a mid 1st, because of him only being 20 years old while having put up very good numbers both in a 3-4 and especially in the 4-3. Personally, I would still love him at our pick in the 1st. He looks both stronger and quicker on tape (even tho being far from elite), and it's not like you need to put up big bench press numbers to be strong and in good shape, just look at some of the Wisconsin o line guys the last couple of years, on tape they look to be some of the stronger guys in the draft but at the bench press they put up some low end numbers.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know how many scouts he has talked to, but apparently the ones he has talked to have him as a 2nd

Quote:
The National Football Post's Russ Lande has not spoken to an NFL scout who grades Texas A&M DE Damontre Moore in the first-round.

Sig courtesy of mack.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Don't know how many scouts he has talked to, but apparently the ones he has talked to have him as a 2nd

Quote:
The National Football Post's Russ Lande has not spoken to an NFL scout who grades Texas A&M DE Damontre Moore in the first-round.

Walterfootball asked some scouts because they didn't believed this claim, and everybody they asked had him in the first round. One of them said that Walterfootball had him mocked about the right place (top 5), another said he was a mid-early 1st round pick.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Quote:

Walterfootball asked some scouts because they didn't believed this claim, and everybody they asked had him in the first round. One of them said that Walterfootball had him mocked about the right place (top 5), another said he was a mid-early 1st round pick.

Haha - sounds about right - so much misinformation and so much pure BS it's hard to keep up

Sig courtesy of mack.
JWingate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

I have to disagree. He will be a mid 1st, because of him only being 20 years old while having put up very good numbers both in a 3-4 and especially in the 4-3. Personally, I would still love him at our pick in the 1st. He looks both stronger and quicker on tape (even tho being far from elite), and it's not like you need to put up big bench press numbers to be strong and in good shape, just look at some of the Wisconsin o line guys the last couple of years, on tape they look to be some of the stronger guys in the draft but at the bench press they put up some low end numbers.
Moore was a questionable 1st rounder prior to his combine...too raw.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I was just thinking about all the guys that I constantly hear about being options for us at #18 and how some of those guys are now being talked about so highly that they may not be there for us at 18 (Floyd, Cooper, Warmack, etc.). It got me thinking that there are a TON of guys who are being mocked in the top #18 and that one of these elite guys will undoubtedly fall to us or near us (within 2 spots) on draft day. Here is a list of guys that I have seen mocked in the first 18 picks:

1. Star Lotuleilei
2. Luke Joeckel
3. Eric Fisher
4. Jarvis Jones
5. Lane Johnson
6. Chance Warmack
7. Jonathan Cooper
8. Bjoern Werner
9. Geno Smith
10. Damontre Moore
11. Dion Jordan
12. Barkevious Mingo
13. Kenny Vacarro
14. Keenan Allen
15. Dee Milliner
16. Sheldon Richardson
17. Shariff Floyd
18. Ezekiel Ansah
19. Xavier Rhodes
20. Cordarrelle Patterson
21. Jonathan Banks
22. Jonathan Hankins
23. Matt Barkley
24. Arthur Brown
25. John Jenkins
26. Mike Glennon

So, there is 26 guys that I have seen mocked in the first 18 picks in at least 2 mocks. I think there is good chance that one of the bolded guys (whom we should be targeting) falls to us at #18. This is one of the most unpredictable drafts that I can remember. We may legitimately go into draft day with the 1st overall pick being a complete mystery. I expect a lot of surprises and an exciting draft day.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
So, I was just thinking about all the guys that I constantly hear about being options for us at #18 and how some of those guys are now being talked about so highly that they may not be there for us at 18 (Floyd, Cooper, Warmack, etc.). It got me thinking that there are a TON of guys who are being mocked in the top #18 and that one of these elite guys will undoubtedly fall to us or near us (within 2 spots) on draft day. Here is a list of guys that I have seen mocked in the first 18 picks:

1. Star Lotuleilei
2. Luke Joeckel
3. Eric Fisher
4. Jarvis Jones
5. Lane Johnson
6. Chance Warmack
7. Jonathan Cooper
8. Bjoern Werner
9. Geno Smith
10. Damontre Moore
11. Dion Jordan
12. Barkevious Mingo
13. Kenny Vacarro
14. Keenan Allen
15. Dee Milliner
16. Sheldon Richardson
17. Shariff Floyd
18. Ezekiel Ansah
19. Xavier Rhodes
20. Cordarrelle Patterson
21. Jonathan Banks
22. Jonathan Hankins
23. Matt Barkley
24. Arthur Brown
25. John Jenkins
26. Mike Glennon

So, there is 26 guys that I have seen mocked in the first 18 picks in at least 2 mocks. I think there is good chance that one of the bolded guys (whom we should be targeting) falls to us at #18. This is one of the most unpredictable drafts that I can remember. We may legitimately go into draft day with the 1st overall pick being a complete mystery. I expect a lot of surprises and an exciting draft day.

I highly doubt that many of the players in bold will fall to us. I would only expect Chance Warmack, Jonathan Cooper, Ezekiel Ansah, and Jonathan Hankins to be around at 18.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
I highly doubt that many of the players in bold will fall to us. I would only expect Chance Warmack, Jonathan Cooper, Ezekiel Ansah, and Jonathan Hankins to be around at 18.

My main point was that one player going to a team could create a domino effect which would cause one of those guys to fall to or near us. Its just an unpredictable year and I love it.

ThaBoyzAndThaU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
[

Having our pick of Warmack,Cooper or Ansah would sure be nice.

Sig by delphem
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

My main point was that one player going to a team could create a domino effect which would cause one of those guys to fall to or near us. Its just an unpredictable year and I love it.

Unpredictable is an understatement. The positive thing is that this year has the right kind of depth at the positions where we need them most: o-line, d-line, and safety. This is the kind of year where we can be patient, let the draft come to us (even trade down) and still net multiple high quality, long term starters.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

Unpredictable is an understatement. The positive thing is that this year has the right kind of depth at the positions where we need them most: o-line, d-line, and safety. This is the kind of year where we can be patient, let the draft come to us (even trade down) and still net multiple high quality, long term starters.

Wholeheartedly agree and that's the route I'd prefer we take if given the right opportunity to maybe trade back into the first 10 picks of the second round and pick up an extra 3rd and 4th. Could do something like this:

2. Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International
2. Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky
3. Bennie Logan, DT, LSU
3. Brian Schwenke, C, California
4. Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida
4. Michael Buchanon, DE, Illinois
5. Connor Vernon, WR, Duke
6. Tanner Hawkinson, OT, Kansas

JWingate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Quote:

Haha - sounds about right - so much misinformation and so much pure BS it's hard to keep up

I would believe Russ Lande over Walter Football...Lande has insider information being as he has been in the NFL. Walter Football has my cousin vinny as insider information.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

Moore was a questionable 1st rounder prior to his combine...too raw.

I think he's a clear 1st rounder. If you put on those kind of numbers, you can play.
- I do agree that he is very raw when it comes to use his hands to get the tackle/guard of him, and it do hearts him. Another thing that hurts him is his ceiling when it comes to be a athlete. He's not a very athletic player, he do have some very good closing speed but in general his burst and quickness isn't what you would like it to be. Something that impresses me about him is, that he almost seems like a LB'er locating the ball carrier and navigating around and between players to get the tackle, and it shows on his stats (85 tackles, most of everybody on the team). He shows elite awareness, always locating the ball carrier and often gets by the blocker by simply just running in a nother direction since he have located the QB/HB and can take a more direct route to him without getting by the blocker, and then simply just pass him with straight line speed.

- I think that his awareness combined with some developing of passrush moves and his hands, would make him a very good player in the NFL. He's 20 years old, you can't expect a refined passrusher at that age, the question is can he develop in to it and how fast. Teams expections if he can do that, is what will decide if he is a top half pick in the 1st or a early 2nd.

I see the only two DE/OLB's with a 1st round chance being avalible after the top 17, as being Okafor and Moore (Montgomery should be a 2nd by now). And I have a hard time seeing them being avalible in the 2nd round, but well who knows. I think Moore's stock is one of the hardest to predict, but in my eyes he is a mid 1st and I'll admit that he would be ranked in the bottom of the 2nd if it wasn't for his age (20, birthday in september). But he's showing the awareness that can make him a very good football player, with some added coaching.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Quote:

I would believe Russ Lande over Walter Football...Lande has insider information being as he has been in the NFL. Walter Football has my cousin vinny as insider information.

But it doesn't make sense to claim that he is a high 1st rounder and get sources to confirm that for fake, since the consensus believe in mockdrafts already is that he is a high 1st rounder. The thing that would boost readings and get your name out there, is if you had talked with scouts that all had him in the 2nd. Also the responses from the scouts, came in over a couple of days. They updated the answers in different times, also if it wasn't true they had probably used it to more confirm there expectation that he would be a top five selection, but only one of the "sources" did that.

- But well, April is getting closer so who the heck knows who is talking the truth..

Here's the link: http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php
It's story number two.
JWingate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
JWingate wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Quote:

But it doesn't make sense to claim that he is a high 1st rounder and get sources to confirm that for fake, since the consensus believe in mockdrafts already is that he is a high 1st rounder. The thing that would boost readings and get your name out there, is if you had talked with scouts that all had him in the 2nd. Also the responses from the scouts, came in over a couple of days. They updated the answers in different times, also if it wasn't true they had probably used it to more confirm there expectation that he would be a top five selection, but only one of the "sources" did that.

- But well, April is getting closer so who the heck knows who is talking the truth..

Here's the link: http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php
It's story number two.

Russ Lande doesn't need to get his name out there is it already out there..He has been on CBS Sports, Big Ten Network, he also scout for the Cleveland Browns, St. Louis Rams, and was fairly high up in the Green Bay Packers organization (going off of pure memory). The man is a well respected talent evaluater and I am sure has better sources than WalterFootball does.

I have had a scout tell me that Gabe Carimi won't make it out of the top 10, when he was in the draft...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 26 of 81

Jump to: