Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Combine Thread: Zero tread was given today..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThaBoyzAndThaU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
In other Combine news, Manti Teo ran an unofficial first 40 in 4.81 and his second was 4.80 unofficial! Slow slow slow for a LB who was expected to run under 4.7.

He hurt his draft stock today with those runs. Was listening to serius radio at the time of his second run, the were observing John Harbaugh's reaction and he was shaking his head side to side in disbelief.

If only Lennay was there to inspire him to run a little faster.

Jokes aside... how far does he fall?

I think he's out of the first, he's been falling ever since Alabama put a beating on ND and I don't think he was ever rated as high as everyone was saying before that game.

Sig by delphem
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThaBoyzAndThaU wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
In other Combine news, Manti Teo ran an unofficial first 40 in 4.81 and his second was 4.80 unofficial! Slow slow slow for a LB who was expected to run under 4.7.

He hurt his draft stock today with those runs. Was listening to serius radio at the time of his second run, the were observing John Harbaugh's reaction and he was shaking his head side to side in disbelief.

If only Lennay was there to inspire him to run a little faster.

Jokes aside... how far does he fall?

I think he's out of the first, he's been falling ever since Alabama put a beating on ND and I don't think he was ever rated as high as everyone was saying before that game.

I agree with you. He's nowhere near the elite player that the media was trying to hype him up to be. His play on the field showed that throughout the season, but it was very obvious against Alabama. Te'o, like many Notre Dame players and guys from the B1G look great amongst their own competition but look like garbage when pitted against teams with real speed.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
JWingate wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
JWingate wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
And the winners of the Underwear Olympics?

Cornelius Washington (LB) 6'4 265 who ran a 4.53
Terron Armstead (OT) 6'5 306 who ran a 4.71

Why is everyone saying Armstead was more of a winner than Lane Johnson...Johnson had the best combine in my eyes.

Armstead had almost no tape, most teams maybe had a scout at 1 game, and knew very little about him. Now every team knows who he is, and has had multiple scouts watch him and seen him go through the drills, etc.

False, teams knew about him..we just didn't. There is not one player in the college that goes unknown.

Lane Johnson was already being talked about as a potential top 15 pick, so all the combine did was reaffirm or strengthen that claim.

Armstead was a 2nd round prospect who, by opening eyes at the combine, has now catapulted himself into 1st round consideration. Thats how he was the combine winner.
I doubt he is a 1st round player because of the combine. Again all the combine does is make you go back to film, I haven't watched tap on him but I can surely tell you running a 4.71 40 doesn't make you a 1st round talent

I didn't say running that fast made him a first rounder. But, he performed very well in all of the drills and it opened eyes that potentially weren't open to him. For whatever you take Mayock's opinion for, IIRC he said he thought Armstead had the best feet behind Lane Johnson. Attach those great feet with great athleticism and immense ceiling, and I think you'll see him in the late 1st/early 2nd.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my amateur take on Te'o. I think he's probably socially immature and/or insecure. Hence, he falls for an online GF. Of course, that's not going to go over well in a NFL locker room.

But, I think it's fair to say that he was a great leader of the ND defense. That really can't be disputed, but I don't know if that translates to the NFL. I don't know if NFL players are going to follow the guy who fell in love with a girl online who was really a dude disguising his voice. And, serious question, how insecure do you have to be with the opposite sex that you would consider Lennay your girlfriend??? How does things change in the NFL when he'd literally have skanks falling all over him?

In terms of football, the Alabama game does not erase his entire career at ND. The guy made plays, TFL, INTs, etc. But, he needs to be in a defense that protects its LBs. So that limits him scheme-wise. I don't see this as a happy ending for Te'o. If I was a GM, I'm not saying I wouldn't draft him... but I'd only draft him where he's worth the risk which is probably after the 3rd round.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
An anonymous scout said Alabama OG Chance Warmack "scares the hell" out of him because he's "not real bright".

"They tell you he can't play more than one position and you have to be careful in games what kind of adjustments you make," the scout said. "Not a real bright kid. He kind of reminds me of (Seattle's James) Carpenter. You see stuff that's impressive, then later in the game he starts to fade. For me, a guard has to be perfect to take in the first round. Because how much difference is there in that guy and a guy you take in the fourth

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/23631/scout-g-chance-warmack-not-real-bright

Sig courtesy of mack.
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
‏@dpbrugler
Cyprien not working out due to hamstring, will wait til pro day #NFLCombine

Might mean we can see him hold onto the 18th in second. Be the perfect second round pick.

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHSTE92 wrote:
Quote:
‏@dpbrugler
Cyprien not working out due to hamstring, will wait til pro day #NFLCombine

Might mean we can see him hold onto the 18th in second. Be the perfect second round pick.

Extremely disappointing. I was really pumped to watch him.

htfryar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or is anyone else kinda glad to see the Honey Boo Boo, I mean the Honey Badger, run slow 40 times? I don't like him and don't think he deserves to get drafted highly, or at all to be honest.

Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of lifeís problems.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Is it just me or is anyone else kinda glad to see the Honey Boo Boo, I mean the Honey Badger, run slow 40 times? I don't like him and don't think he deserves to get drafted highly, or at all to be honest.

4.43 is slow?

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
htfryar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's weird seeing DB's run the same 40 times as Arkansas State's OT ran. That's just crazy.

Homer Simpson wrote:
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:

I'm not a fan of his but 4.43 isn't slow by any meaning of the word ht Laughing

htfryar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
htfryar wrote:

I'm not a fan of his but 4.43 isn't slow by any meaning of the word ht Laughing

I was referring to his 4.50 on his 2nd attempt.

Homer Simpson wrote:
Tony7188

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did one of the announcers for the Combine really just say that Morris Claiborne didn't have a great rookie year?

That's crazy

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
Did one of the announcers for the Combine really just say that Morris Claiborne didn't have a great rookie year?

That's crazy

I wouldn't label his year "great." He was pretty good, but not great. Will only get better.

Tony7188

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

That's crazy

I wouldn't label his year "great." He was pretty good, but not great. Will only get better.

What CB's are great in the NFL? Not that many. Claiborne comparison to Milliner. What do you think of Milliner? Is he worth a top 5 pick

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: