Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General News - Buc's Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.nbcsports.com/content/terrell-thomas-thinks-coughlin-has-one-year-left

Quote:
“I think he has one more in him,” Thomas said. “We have a great nucleus of guys, and I don’t think he wants to give that up. That passion is still burning within him. He’s in that facility all day every day; he’s going crazy not being able to coach and watch film. He lives and breathes football. He has everybody in there all day, every day, in the offseason.”

Coughlin, who turns 67 in August, has wisely avoided talking about his plans. Lame-duck coaches have a hard time creating full accountability in the locker room, since the players know that they’ll be answering to someone else next year. And so the departure needs to come suddenly, perhaps with a Bettis-style walk into the sunset.

Could Sully be the replacement next year? Something to ponder. I know coughlin sought highly of mike Sullivan.
RedCoat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
RedCoat wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
RedCoat wrote:
canadabuccaneer wrote:
He started it! He started it! Pretty sure we are all adults here, grow up a little
Would it of read better if I had put, "it appears context is a problem for both side's of the arguement"... Rolling Eyes Please feel free to at least post something of note, in regard to this debate.

He's well within his right to ask his fellow posters to bring the maturity level up in a debate...
Really.... Rolling Eyes
I guess I stand corrected then, thanks for pointing it out.... Brick wall

You would get far better results if your posts weren't so condescending.

No kidding. Me, and several others, have simply stated that because of his performance against the best possible competition, on the biggest possible stage, which amounts to the best simulation of an NFL environment, he flopped hardcore. This is the best tryout you can possibly have for the NFL, and holds far more weight than random games against BYU and Miami.

You have countered with responses like:

"As for evaluating potential in a pro environment, using your logic, the like's of Brady/Montana would not have even been considered by the pro's, let alone a small time college player!?!...get a grip lols"

"PS...3rd or 4th round, now how can I take anything you say seriously after that comment"

"Caady24, quick tip, try reading the earlier post's properly before you retort on a subject."

"In regard to the, 'tip', you obviously needed it, however by using the word retarded again, I guess your a work in progress..."

"R+P, Soul, Please at least do yourselves a favour (and the rest of us) by doing some research before posting... it's becoming embarrassing."

"Phew...thanks, for a minute their I thought you were going to post something of note."

"So let me get this right, using your logic, every player at Texas A+M will go in the first when drafted, and Bama's players are either trash or overated... is that correct!?!"

"Would it of read better if I had put, "it appears context is a problem for both side's of the arguement"... Please feel free to at least post something of note, in regard to this debate."

Yeeesh dude, I get it, you love Teo. No need to try and make everyone who disagrees look like morons with every post you have.

Your maint argument is that the Bama game was just one game, and he has a great career behind that game. That's a completely fair point, and after going back and looking, the only one I can find. So let me address it. Nobody is saying he doesn't have the career behind him, just that the Bama game was against an offense similar to that of an NFL offense, and it acts as a much better simulation to how he will do in the pros.

For example, if you are looking to buy a new car for mostly highway driving, what would be more important to you as an indicator of the car's highway driving...the 15 minutes spent on sidestreets, or the 5 minutes on the highway itself? Obviously the highway itself. Teo has great stats and looked good against lesser competition, but when it came down to the highway driving against Bama, he failed. Combined with subpar athleticism, and the fact that his leadership and respectability in an NFL locker room is now very questionable, I don't see a guy who should be drafted high at all. One game does not a career make at all, but that one game for Teo certainly holds the most weight.
First off, appologies once again if my comments come across as being condescending, I'm not trying to make anyone feel inferior, or like, 'morons', as you put it.

I think I've already said it, but if not, let me just say this now, to help clarify... I AM A NOTRE DAME FAN!!! Phew...that feel's good. BUT... that does not make me blind to other teams/players etc, and it certainly doesn't mean, I wear gold/navy tinted glasses. As the saying goes, "if it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck, then chances are...it's a duck"!!!

Te'o was awful in the Championship game, and it's no secret that outside of Louis Nix and Zeke Motta, our entire Defense were manhandled all night. Our 3-4 front didn't have any answers to one of the best O-lines I've seen in college football, add the likes of Yeldon and Lacy running behind them, and you know it could get nasty....and it did!!!

I completely understand everyone's point regarding Bama being labelled as an, 'NFL like team', but surly it can't be logical to bereft one players performance against said team, only to sweep under the carpet, his body of work, and the loss of Bama, (in Tuscaloosa of all places) by Texas A+M!?! Are Texas A+M really that good...obviously the answer is no, but on any given Sunday, (or Saturday in this case) the laws of physics and probability, can, and were, thrown out of the window, so to speak.

Had one of the team's, on Notre Dame's, 'weak schedule', (Stanford) beaten the Duck's one week after Bama's loss, we wouldn't even be having this discussion...

Do I have a man crush on Te'o...NO!!! Am I a fan, most definitely, and in the years to come, regardless of which team picks him, I'm sure he'll have a lot more.

Roll Tide...nah....Roll on to the Combine Wink

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was worth a quick read from Fox Sports, regarding Schiano and his comments about a QB competition:

Quote:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano raised some eyebrows the day after the regular season, when he responded to a question on whether he was "all-in" on quarterback Josh Freeman by saying, “I’m not side-stepping you, but I need to evaluate.”

Schiano addressed those comments Thursday, saying, “At the end of the season, the day after the final game, I probably said something that got a lot more attention than I meant for it to do," Schiano said. "Really, it was about, just what you said: Every year I've been a head coach, I step back and I evaluate every phase of our program. And it starts with me, so that takes a while. And I even said, 'I don't know if I'm the right guy.' Let me figure this out. And then I went through every assistant coach, and then, as a staff, we went through every single player — and a series of evaluations — but the one thing I believe in, as coaches or players, our whole life, we went through competitive athletics and that competition is healthy."

Asked to put his line in the sand on the Freeman issue, Schiano went even further, telling a group of reporters, “Josh Freeman is our quarterback. And I believe that Josh Freeman — with Josh Freeman — we’ll be able to accomplish our goals.”

It sounds to me like after all the evaluation that he found something he didn't like, and maybe it didn't have to do with Freeman.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
I thought this was worth a quick read from Fox Sports, regarding Schiano and his comments about a QB competition:

Quote:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano raised some eyebrows the day after the regular season, when he responded to a question on whether he was "all-in" on quarterback Josh Freeman by saying, “I’m not side-stepping you, but I need to evaluate.”

Schiano addressed those comments Thursday, saying, “At the end of the season, the day after the final game, I probably said something that got a lot more attention than I meant for it to do," Schiano said. "Really, it was about, just what you said: Every year I've been a head coach, I step back and I evaluate every phase of our program. And it starts with me, so that takes a while. And I even said, 'I don't know if I'm the right guy.' Let me figure this out. And then I went through every assistant coach, and then, as a staff, we went through every single player — and a series of evaluations — but the one thing I believe in, as coaches or players, our whole life, we went through competitive athletics and that competition is healthy."

Asked to put his line in the sand on the Freeman issue, Schiano went even further, telling a group of reporters, “Josh Freeman is our quarterback. And I believe that Josh Freeman — with Josh Freeman — we’ll be able to accomplish our goals.”

It sounds to me like after all the evaluation that he found something he didn't like, and maybe it didn't have to do with Freeman.

I still think there is many concerns within the organization about josh. The weapons are around him. He needs to work on consistency decision making and do a better job going through progressions and looking defenders off.

Another key thing: he needs to be more poise and maintain composure. Gets rattled a bit too easily. Hopefully he puts it all together bc I think the team were building around the qb is becoming a contender.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:

Quote:

Sounds more to me like he did a thorough evaluation of this years' terrible draft class and free agent crop, and realized that Freeman is the best we can do.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
RoeKG wrote:

Quote:

Sounds more to me like he did a thorough evaluation of this years' terrible draft class and free agent crop, and realized that Freeman is the best we can do.
Agreed.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
RoeKG wrote:

Quote:

Could be a smoke screen as well. Remember 2009?
scottonatable

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smoke screen all the way... 3rd QB here we come
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dom said the same thing about Free a few weeks back. I agree, he should be our QB into next season.. There's not a better option out there.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope Freeman puts it together. Becomes consistent, hits atleast 60% of his throws and sustains drives, and plays well against better competition.

Sheesh it seems like a lot to ask for. But in all seriousness, I love the team we're building with schiano offensively. The offense with Martin, Jackson, and Williams, a beast of an oline. That right there should be top 10, especially with a TE and slot guy who could potentially be added. Roy Cummings has linked us to Phil Loadholt at RT. That would be an Oline that every RB and QB would love in front of them blocking and protecting. That'd be awesome if Dom pulls that off.

Defensively, there's concern. Mark Dominik has confirmed he will not use the Franchise Tag on any free agent, which means he will not overpay for Michael Bennett. I think he learned from that mistake 2 years ago with Quincy Black. 10.5 million is a steep price to pay a DE who's had 1 breakout year in his contract season and has been solid. 10mil+ is a steep price and he's no wehre near elite. It'll be interesting to see where we go there.
Clayborn is apparently recovering nicely, but we still don't know what we have in him exactly.
Bowers could get off on these charges. I hope he does. He's not a bad guy, but it was a very stupid decision on his part.
We still need someone who can rush the passer next to McCoy inside.

We could use a LB. And some DB help, especially if Ronde Hangs it up.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is unfortunate that Quincy Black's career is in real jeopardy. I would be suprised if the Bucs spend a lot of money or draft a LB with a premium pick to upgrade the LB core. Unless they feel Foster can't cut it at MLB, I wouldn't expect a pick till the third day of the draft.

If Ronde retires, I really like William Moore from the Falcons. I know he has had injury issues, but I've always respected his game.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rating the Bucs Pre-Combine Top needs:

1a: CB
Quote:
Yes. CB is definitely a top need here in Tampa, but I think it's equal to DE as well. I think Biggers will be retained and compete with a rookie for the #2 CB spot or be better off as the 3rd CB. I think our best option is to sign Biggers and another established Vet. And use a 1st or 2nd day pick on a rookie. My suggestion: a vet like Nmadi Asomugah or Chris Gamble.
Rookies Options: Xavier Rhodes RD 1, Terry Hawthorne Rd 3.

1B: DE

Quote:
This is a critical need as well. Clayborn will return, but we still don't know what we have in him exactly. Bowers is a huge question mark, both with his situation he's dealing with in NY and his injury history on the field.
Bennett will not be franchised, which means Dominik will NOT overpay for his services. I have a feeling he will get overpaid on the open market. I like him and he's a key part to our dline, but he's not elite.
Options: Enzekial Ansah RD 1, Alex Okafore Rd1 Quanterrus Smith rd 4/5. Tank Carradine round 2/3.
Some Vets that could come in are Osi or Dwight Freeney as well.

3. TE
Quote:
This is a crucial part to our offense. We need a guy who can be a target over the middle for Josh. The TE class is solid in FA and very good up front in the draft. Guys like Tyler Eifert, Zach Ertz, Travis Kelce, and Gavin Escobar will all be guys we look at. I think if we don't get a guy like Martellus Bennett on the open market, we look draft. Schiano likes a guy who is more well rounded. Escobar is intriguing and I think he can improve as a blocker, but I think Travis Kelce is the Schiano type football player. Can block, run, catch, and mismatch opposing defenses.

4. RT
Quote:
This need could be addressed by retaining Demar Dotson. However, I've been reading articles from Cummings and Joe Bucs Fan that have continuously mention Phil Loadholt's name linked to Tampa. Even Voellemer, RT from New England, if we can sway him away from Brady and the Pats. I don't think offensive Tackle is something we covet in the draft. Maybe later on day 3 for depth, but I can see this, along with CB, as a serious move in Free Agency. Our passing offense requires timing and complex route running. So why not give Freeman what Colin Kaepernick has in San Fransisco: A wall that is very hard for defenders to break. Can you imagine Doug Martin behind an oline if we add a guy like Voellemer or Loadholt?

5. LB
Quote:
Theres been some talk going around that Foster could be moved to SLB and we could look to add a MLB in the draft or FA. I see a LB being added for sure, but not sure which way to lean yet. If a vet like Vilma or Beason become available, I can see the Bucs pouncing on either one, as long as its the right situation. If we don't add a vet MLB in FA, I see a draft pick in round 4 or 5 and keeping Foster in the Middle. My guess: Beason or Vilma will most likely be available. I would pursue both of them, especially Beason. Remember, both guys have ties to Florida.

Those are my top 5 needs. Some luxury needs:
6. RB: Add a power back behind Martin, with mixing in a little Michael Smith.
7. WR: I think Underwood can get better. We cannot address every need. To me, TE is a bigger need than 3rd WR. Underwood was inconsistent, but he showed promise last year making some big time plays for us.

The way I see things going:
In Free Agency:
-Resigning Roy Miller and EJ Biggers. Bennett gets too expensive for us. Let him walk.
Free Agents we sign:
- CB Nmadi Asomugah
- RT Phil Loadholt
- MLB Jon Beason (if he's cut)
- RB Brandon Jacobs

Draft:
1st: Enzekial Ansah DE BYU
2nd: Travis Kelce or Gavin Escobar TEs (I believe one of them will be a Buc. Just a guy feeling. Escobar reminds me of Tony Gonzelez and I really like this kid)
3rd: Terry Hawthorne CB Illinois
4th: Travarris King WR Georgia
4th: Damien Square DT Alabama
5th: Tharod Simon CB LSU
6th: John Boyett S Oregon
7th: Jordan Rodgers QB Vanderbilt.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5568/mike-williams

Quote:
The Bucs have put long-term contract negotiations with Mike Williams on hold.The sides met in Indianapolis and had a "very productive meeting," but the Bucs are postponing talks as free agency approaches. "We’ve agreed to be a little less aggressive and give them some time," said Williams' agent, Harvey Engelhard. "The target date right now would be some time in May."

Helloooooo Percy Harvin Wink

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Smith goes for the 34th pick in the draft?? Either the Chiefs really hate the QBs in this draft or they just wanted to go with a semi-proven vet. But it makes me wander what we could get for Freeman and I think we could get at least a first rounder for him, then we could draft maybe Barkley?
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
Alex Smith goes for the 34th pick in the draft?? Either the Chiefs really hate the QBs in this draft or they just wanted to go with a semi-proven vet. But it makes me wander what we could get for Freeman and I think we could get at least a first rounder for him, then we could draft maybe Barkley?

Why Barkley when we can have Geno

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 23 of 100

Jump to: