Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is this year's Aldrick Robinson?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
footy_29


Joined: 31 Jan 2007
Posts: 11388
Location: The Frozen Tundra that is Canada
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Who is this year's Aldrick Robinson? Reply with quote

Alright Gents, let's find the next Redskins receiver.

Aldrick Robinson
SMU
School: Height: 5'9 5/8
Weight: 184
Arm length: 29 1/2
Hand size: 8 3/4
40-time: 4.45
10 yard split: 1.55
Bench Press: 17
Vertical: 40
Shuttle: 4.09
60-yard: 11.01
Cone drill: 6.65
Broad Jump: 10'6

So, why did he fall if he had the speed, the vertical, broad jump and a great cone time? For me, it's the hand size, and particularly the arm length. Sub-30" arm length is a no-no.

Small hand size also helped Niles Paul drop in the draft, and certainly it's a reason for Torrey Smith falling to where he did considering his speed.
_________________

Blknite01's masterpiece
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 60896
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Boyce- TCU

As for why Robinson didn't go high-

It's where he played, ie. completion level. He wasn't and still really isn't a good route runner and was a spread wr who didn't show much else in the route tree. The tape didn't lie.

Robinson's production wasn't much either. I think that hurt him the most. He only had one year of great productions, the other years he looked like he'd never get drafted.

GMs put more into production than specs in a prospects underwear
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
—Days until: NFL Draft 18; Training camp 94; Kickoff 187
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Redskins24-7


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 14903
Location: North Beach, MD
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say we'll draft some unknown person in round 6 or 7 that nobody's ever heard of. I'm not necessarily sure he'll make the team, even, but that's just my guess. I'll say Kenny Stills from Oklahoma.
_________________
RIP SuperSkinFan
London Fletcher: 16 GP, 111 tackles, 2 sacks
Pierre Garçon: 16 GP, 113 catches, 1346 yards, 5 TDs
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
footy_29


Joined: 31 Jan 2007
Posts: 11388
Location: The Frozen Tundra that is Canada
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle wrote:
GMs put more into production than specs in a prospects underwear


Of course, but let's not forget how important speed is in the NFL. Anyone who runs a sub 4.45 as a receiver gets a bump. If you have a sub 4.7 cone time, you get a bump.

You watch the tape and see what the performance is like, but the draft is about potential. If you see great measurables and good numbers in the drills, you're going to go back and look at the tape. If you see the potential on tape that the numbers suggest, then that player will be in demand.
_________________

Blknite01's masterpiece
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 60896
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
turtle wrote:
GMs put more into production than specs in a prospects underwear


Of course, but let's not forget how important speed is in the NFL. Anyone who runs a sub 4.45 as a receiver gets a bump. If you have a sub 4.7 cone time, you get a bump.

You watch the tape and see what the performance is like, but the draft is about potential. If you see great measurables and good numbers in the drills, you're going to go back and look at the tape. If you see the potential on tape that the numbers suggest, then that player will be in demand.
I agree but it's not always about potential. It's a combination of what they've done, potential, practice habits, off the field stuff etc
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
—Days until: NFL Draft 18; Training camp 94; Kickoff 187
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group