Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is this year's Aldrick Robinson?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
footy_29

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Who is this year's Aldrick Robinson? Reply with quote

Alright Gents, let's find the next Redskins receiver.

Aldrick Robinson
SMU
School: Height: 5'9 5/8
Weight: 184
Arm length: 29 1/2
Hand size: 8 3/4
40-time: 4.45
10 yard split: 1.55
Bench Press: 17
Vertical: 40
Shuttle: 4.09
60-yard: 11.01
Cone drill: 6.65
Broad Jump: 10'6

So, why did he fall if he had the speed, the vertical, broad jump and a great cone time? For me, it's the hand size, and particularly the arm length. Sub-30" arm length is a no-no.

Small hand size also helped Niles Paul drop in the draft, and certainly it's a reason for Torrey Smith falling to where he did considering his speed.

Blknite01's masterpiece
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Boyce- TCU

As for why Robinson didn't go high-

It's where he played, ie. completion level. He wasn't and still really isn't a good route runner and was a spread wr who didn't show much else in the route tree. The tape didn't lie.

Robinson's production wasn't much either. I think that hurt him the most. He only had one year of great productions, the other years he looked like he'd never get drafted.

GMs put more into production than specs in a prospects underwear
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say we'll draft some unknown person in round 6 or 7 that nobody's ever heard of. I'm not necessarily sure he'll make the team, even, but that's just my guess. I'll say Kenny Stills from Oklahoma.
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle wrote:

Of course, but let's not forget how important speed is in the NFL. Anyone who runs a sub 4.45 as a receiver gets a bump. If you have a sub 4.7 cone time, you get a bump.

You watch the tape and see what the performance is like, but the draft is about potential. If you see great measurables and good numbers in the drills, you're going to go back and look at the tape. If you see the potential on tape that the numbers suggest, then that player will be in demand.

Blknite01's masterpiece
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
turtle wrote:

Of course, but let's not forget how important speed is in the NFL. Anyone who runs a sub 4.45 as a receiver gets a bump. If you have a sub 4.7 cone time, you get a bump.

You watch the tape and see what the performance is like, but the draft is about potential. If you see great measurables and good numbers in the drills, you're going to go back and look at the tape. If you see the potential on tape that the numbers suggest, then that player will be in demand.
I agree but it's not always about potential. It's a combination of what they've done, potential, practice habits, off the field stuff etc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: