Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Playmaker via FA and draft on O and D?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigdogsandiego

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Playmaker via FA and draft on O and D? Reply with quote

Browns need to find a playmaker on O and D. Most of the posts have suggested Wallace and or Byrd via FA as the optimal playmakers on O and D via FA and then there is the #6 pick which should produce a playmaker. This draft is very deep in T, TE, S, DE, and LB. Some like the idea of trading down to fill two holes but I think we must think playmakers with Chud's new program.

For Browns, it starts with QB decision. Then FA and money decisions. Last the draft to build the core foundation. I think the core means O and D line which translates into TE and DE this year.

My suggestion is Byrd FS and Levitre G via FA for less money than Wallace. For draft, I like the DE/OLB group of Moore, Mingo, Jones, etc.... with the #6 pick and TE with 3rd rd pick. Bottom line is this process would produce two playmakers on D and a possible TE like Kelce, Escobar,and Reed who could develop as a TE playmaker.

Who do you suggest for playmakers on O and D?
Fullback40

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to find a way to get Tyler Eiffert on this team. He is going to be a top 5 TE in the NFL.

Not much of a blocker, but the dude is Gronk-like as a receiver. He can line up anywhere and be a #1 threat.

That's who I want as our #1 receiver....make it a TE, because Eiffert is special.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fullback40 wrote:
I want to find a way to get Tyler Eiffert on this team. He is going to be a top 5 TE in the NFL.

Not much of a blocker, but the dude is Gronk-like as a receiver. He can line up anywhere and be a #1 threat.

That's who I want as our #1 receiver....make it a TE, because Eiffert is special.

Agreed

Problem is he prolly goes in the 20's. Which means either trade way back and only get a TE in the first which sucks. Or trade way up and prolly lose next years first. Which sucks lol

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Fullback40

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Fullback40 wrote:

Agreed

Problem is he prolly goes in the 20's. Which means either trade way back and only get a TE in the first which sucks. Or trade way up and prolly lose next years first. Which sucks lol

I know it is sad that we don't have a 2nd to maneuver a Eiffert selection. We should tell him we will pay him like he was a top 15 pick if he sets up a fake assault of a 5th grader to intentionally have his stock plummet enough for us to get him in round 3.
Braylon4MVP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ideally, if we are going after playmakers, our offseason acquisitions (in terms of playmakers) would look something like this:

Free Agency
Mike Wallace and/or Jared Cook
Jarius Byrd

Draft
Dion Jordon

John Frusciante FTW
Red Hot Chili Peppers FTW
shoffma1999

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mock draft would have us landing this type of combination. We would land Greg Jennings in free agency, and then Ezekial Ansah and Travis Kelce in the draft (it would also have us landing FS Eric Reid in the 2nd via a trade down with our first pick).

I think right now, it is looking like we will be targeting Barkevious Mingo, Dion Jordan, or Ezekial Ansah with our #6 pick. I think we will avoid any big name signings in free agency, and look for a TE in the 3rd.

- Props to 64 CHAMPS for the awesome sig -
Fullback40

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoffma1999 wrote:
My mock draft would have us landing this type of combination. We would land Greg Jennings in free agency, and then Ezekial Ansah and Travis Kelce in the draft (it would also have us landing FS Eric Reid in the 2nd via a trade down with our first pick).

I think right now, it is looking like we will be targeting Barkevious Mingo, Dion Jordan, or Ezekial Ansah with our #6 pick. I think we will avoid any big name signings in free agency, and look for a TE in the 3rd.

Some NFL guy crucified Travis Kelce's character and said he was pretty much a piece of garbage. So nah to him.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fullback40 wrote:
shoffma1999 wrote:

Some NFL guy crucified Travis Kelce's character and said he was pretty much a piece of garbage. So nah to him.

Just take at a discount price for a 6th or something. Wink

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelce very well may fall to the 3rd but i seriously doubt he makes it out of the 3rd he is too talented to not

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: