Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Alex Smith trade rumors thread....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
So now ESPN is saying that the niners are only sure that they can trade smith and that no deal is in fact in place? This really is a rollercoaster Laughing

No deal can officially be in place, so... let's wait and see.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
League sources tell the Sacramento Bee the 49ers are still shopping Alex Smith.
Beat writer Matt Barrows reported earlier Monday that a trade had not been finalized, but can now confirm Smith is still being actively shopped. It suggests Sunday's report that a deal was "effectively complete" was an attempt by the 49ers or Smith's agent to goose his market. What hasn't been refuted is that the Chiefs are Smith's most likely destination in a potential trade.

roto

This is getting annoying Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meh... who cares, really... We get something for Alex... great.. fine. We don't? Big deal.. we're a strong team that can do without an extra pick. It's really just "whateva" at this point. A mildly interesting story left to unfold... but that's about it.

___
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm just spinning hypothetical situations around in my head non-stop with this whole thing and that led to this...

If my Chiefs did, in fact, trade for Alex Smith in a package deal, let me know if you guys think this is a realistic possibility:

49ers get the 1st overall pick
Chiefs get Alex Smith, 31st overall pick and the 49ers' 2014 1st rounder and maybe a role player like...I don't know...Walker.

First, would a trade like that be possible with your front office? Obviously, the details on compensation are purely speculative...but assuming it is a realistic possibility, are there any players you guys would legitimately target? Star Lutulelei? Jarvis Jones? Floyd?

I'm just trying to brainstorm and this would be a great option for the Chiefs if it's realistic. I just don't know if there are any top 10 picks the 49ers would legitimately be targeting, soooo...thoughts?

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Okay, I'm just spinning hypothetical situations around in my head non-stop with this whole thing and that led to this...

If my Chiefs did, in fact, trade for Alex Smith in a package deal, let me know if you guys think this is a realistic possibility:

Chiefs get Alex Smith, 31st overall pick and the 49ers' 2014 1st rounder and maybe a role player like...I don't know...Walker.

First, would a trade like that be possible with your front office? Obviously, the details on compensation are purely speculative...but assuming it is a realistic possibility, are there any players you guys would legitimately target? Star Lutulelei? Jarvis Jones? Floyd?

I'm just trying to brainstorm and this would be a great option for the Chiefs if it's realistic. I just don't know if there are any top 10 picks the 49ers would legitimately be targeting, soooo...thoughts?

Walker is a FA and if the Chiefs are trading for Smith it's because they want one of the 2 top LTs. That trade would eliminate that possibility.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:

I don't see us giving away our future top pick. Do not see us badly wanting the #1 overall pick this year... at all.

___
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
Walker is a FA and if the Chiefs are trading for Smith it's because they want one of the 2 top LTs. That trade would eliminate that possibility.

We don't need a LT if we retain Branden Albert and we're already working with his agent to accomplish just that. Even if we don't retain Albert, we drafted Donald Stephenson last year who looked pretty good in his rookie year. If anything, we need a LG and not only did we draft Jeff Allen last year too, but this is a really deep guard draft. We could get a starting quality guard in the 2nd, 3rd or even the 4th this year. It wouldn't be worth the investment of a 1st overall pick, even if it's Warmack. Before it comes up in conversation too, Albert has publicly said he does NOT want to play guard. He won't move. He's a LT and he will more than likely be re-signed.

I'm just curious as to whether the 49ers might be interested in a trade for the 1st overall pick and if so, who would they be targeting?

bigschmadt00 wrote:
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:

We don't need a LT if we retain Branden Albert and we're already working with his agent to accomplish just that. Even if we don't retain Albert, we drafted Donald Stephenson last year who looked pretty good in his rookie year. If anything, we need a LG and not only did we draft Jeff Allen last year too, but this is a really deep guard draft. We could get a starting quality guard in the 2nd, 3rd or even the 4th this year. It wouldn't be worth the investment of a 1st overall pick, even if it's Warmack. Before it comes up in conversation too, Albert has publicly said he does NOT want to play guard. He won't move. He's a LT and he will more than likely be re-signed.

I'm just curious as to whether the 49ers might be interested in a trade for the 1st overall pick and if so, who would they be targeting?

The other snag is do the 49ers value someone so much they would be willing to trade a future first rounder to trade up to get him? Next year they may need that pick on a replacement for Gore or whoever else.

ryknowssd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
The other snag is do the 49ers value someone so much they would be willing to trade a future first rounder to trade up to get him? Next year they may need that pick on a replacement for Gore or whoever else.

That's basically why I'm asking the question. Based on the responses I've gotten so far, it sounds like you guys think it's pretty unlikely they would be willing to move up that far. But, just for the sake of conversation, if you guys DID move up to 1st overall, which players would you target?

bigschmadt00 wrote:
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:

That's basically why I'm asking the question. Based on the responses I've gotten so far, it sounds like you guys think it's pretty unlikely they would be willing to move up that far. But, just for the sake of conversation, if you guys DID move up to 1st overall, which players would you target?

If this wasn't as deep a DL draft as it is I'd say Floyd, Richardson, or Star(even with the heart condition) would be worth trading up to 1st. But this is such a deep draft we could get a DE waiting til picks in any of our first 5 picks in rounds 1-4.

Actually it's deep in the areas we need players the most(DL, DB, WR, TE). So there might be slight trade ups but nothing drastic. Just my opinion though.

48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea if we DID trade up to #1 I have know idea who we'd be targeting...Keenan Allen, Kenny Vaccaro, Dee Milliner are some guys who could be stars but might not warrant the #1 pick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:

omg no. That first overall pick is worth less this year than I can ever recal in the past. I'm not giving up two firsts, Smith and another player for that pick.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard Barrows on the radio this morning saying we are still talking to teams about Alex. From listening to the whole interview it sounds like he thinks that we have an offer we like and are still looking for a better one. He thinks the rumors about a deal might have come from a team that couldn't offer up something better than what we already have on the table and therefore thought it was a done deal.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:

omg no. That first overall pick is worth less this year than I can ever recal in the past. I'm not giving up two firsts, Smith and another player for that pick.

Even with a lack of elite talent at the top of the draft, its still great value.. I would love for Baalke to have his choice of any player in the draft.

-kiltman

Uncle Buck wrote:
I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:

Even with a lack of elite talent at the top of the draft, its still great value.. I would love for Baalke to have his choice of any player in the draft.

exactly theres still several guys that could take us to an entirely new level!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 37 of 39

Jump to: