Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#Quick Mock **Edit**, I TINK THIS COULD BE A SPECIAL DRAFT#

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: #Quick Mock **Edit**, I TINK THIS COULD BE A SPECIAL DRAFT# Reply with quote

Trade Revis to Denver for 1st to 3rd

1st Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama- I think Geno, mingo, Jordan, and ansah are gone. Warmack may be available if those guys are gone. Heíd be BPA at a position we desperately need. Its not flashy and some say he is overrated but if healthy he should be a star

1st (via denver) DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson- Iíve been on him for a few days, he isnít a burner but has a lot of polish

2nd Jamie Collins, DE/OLB, Southern Miss- he showed off at the combine and many are starting to look his way. Jets realy need OLB help and Collins excels both at spotting the run and playing in space.

3rd Robert Alford, CB, Southeast Louisiana- small school guy who will one day replace revis. He has the size to play FS as well if needed.

3rd (via denver) Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB, Fla. St.- Heís a sleeper and I always want to find ways to get him in my mock. Heís probably the #1 sleeper in the draft, two 10+ sack seasons before injuring himself this year. I know I already took Collins but the jets have ZERO depth at OLB and have been neglecting the position for years. Jenkins and Collins could be a massive tandem to pair with Mo and Coples.

4th D.J. Swearinger, FS, South Carolina- Jets desperately need a safety, and while I hate going defense 4 strait picks, I canít ignore getting a safety here.

5th Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina- He could be amazing value in the 5th round. Roto has it that he is making an amazing comeback and hopes to be ready early next season. I still think he significantly falls with teams worried about injuries and if heíll come back 100%. I personally thought Lattimore was overrated before his injury but I definitely thought he was worth more than a 5th round pick

6th Ryan Otten, TE, San Jose St- Heís a bit undiscovered, more athletic than most TEís but hasnít had many chances to receive as he got a lot of blocking duties. He wont set the world in fire but has a shot to make the team as a blocking TE and working his way up.

7th Ryan Griffin, QB, Tulane- Heíll come in and compete for a roster spot. I think he has a real shot to turn heads in training camp

Last edited by superbowlbound on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:44 am; edited 2 times in total
moham-17

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though I don't necessarily agree with all the picks (mostly the Jarvis Jones one; and the fact that CB would need to be addressed with moving Revis, sooner than the 6th round I think anyways); this is exactly what I want the Jets to do in terms of gathering up extra picks.

I would love for something along these lines to happen.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a pipe dream

Revis isn't getting dealt to Tampa Bay so no need to mock that

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
RDawg10

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landry is as good as gone.. I think Keller is to unless he comes back for 3.5-4 mill a year.
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
Landry is as good as gone.. I think Keller is to unless he comes back for 3.5-4 mill a year.

I'll fix that... Heard we were meeting with kellers agent

And Landry is just a I can fix that....

I hear the jets want Grover Quinn so ill check that out
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP FOR EDIT
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont feel this team has the luxury to take a guard at 9 overall.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
JETSsuperbowl43

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:

My thoughts exactly, we need a game breaker, because right now the Jets have none on their roster considering Darrelle Revis as good as gone.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JETSsuperbowl43 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

My thoughts exactly, we need a game breaker, because right now the Jets have none on their roster considering Darrelle Revis as good as gone.

I agree but there may not be anyone other then warmack worth taking....

Og are necessary and not a luxury. The best teams in the league have all invested in their offensive lines. This is something you do to get to the top, its not a luxury move for a top 4 team but an imperative for anyteam needing O-Line help

This is how the draft went my mock:
1. Kc- joekel
2. Jax- ansah
3. Oak- bakevious mingo
4. Philly-star lotulelie
5. Det- Dee milliner
6. Cleveland- Dion Jordan
7. Arizona- geno Smith
8. Buffalo bills- Cordarelle Patterson
9 nyj.... Warmack, Demontre Moore, Keenan Allen, Eric Fisher, ect

I felt that Moore wasn't worth it, Allen is not worth a top 10 (imo) and i dont like the idea of drafting a RT in the top 10.

Now im sorry but at this point warmack is #1 in my board. Say what u want about luxury but thats stupid, og is a necessity. Can you find talent later? Sure, but u can for every position really...

[/i]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: