Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Mock Off-Season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncospride95

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: 2013 Mock Off-Season Reply with quote

Re-sign:
Kevin Vickerson- Our best DT last year and from all accounts loves it here.
Britton Colquitt- Must be brought back.
Brandon Stokley- Will be cheap and has great chemistry with Manning. Very reliable player.
Mitch Unrein- Possesses a good motor and is a fan favorite.
Dan Koppen- Good OL depth and showed last year he can still be a decent interior OL.
Tony Carter- Will be cheap to bring back as a Exclusive Rights FA. Showed ability last year and is worth keeping around.
David Bruton- Key ST player.

Departures:
Chris Clark- See Jeff Otah
Tracy Porter- Good player, but health is a big concern.
Jason Hunter- Decent player, but I see him signing elsewhere.
Keith Brooking- Retires
Chris Gronkowski- Just not very good. Hester replaces him as FB
Ty Warren- Retires
Matt Willis- Just not very good.
DJ Williams- A change of scenery would be good for DJ and at this point I donít see him commanding much in a trade.
Justin Bannan- Over the hill.
Andre Caldwell- Doesnít offer much and is replaced.
Lance Ball- Training camp casualty.

Restructures:
Elvis Dumervil- Elway changes Dumervilís contract to give us some more cap room.
Joe Mays- Is told to take a paycut or be cut and he opts to take the pay cut to compete for the MLB spot with Johnson and Irving. At a reduced price, he is worth keeping around for his ST ability and from what I've heard is a leader in the locker room.

Free Agents:
Donald Jones- Much needed WR depth. Has more upside than Caldwell.
Jeff Otah- Has the ability, just needs to put it all together. Has more potential than Clark and is a former Fox player.
Matt Roth- Signed for DE depth and wants to reunite with Del Rio.
Leigh Bodden- CB depth with Porter leaving.

2013 NFL Draft:

Round 1 [#28]: Kawann Short- Short is strong at the POA and plays with good pad level. Heís a stout run defender and has a lot of potential rushing from the inside. Heís a quick tackle and will be a force in the middle of our defense. Short will command double teams.

Round 2 [#58]: Tank Carradine- My favorite prospect in this draft. Right now I think heíll be available at our 2nd rounder. IMO at FSU, Carradine was their best DE. Carradine is an explosive pass rusher and is more than capable as a run defender. Carradine will fall to due to his torn ACL, but at #58 heís definitely worth the risk imo.

Round 3 [#90]: TJ McDonald- We see McDonald fall to our 3rd rounder and we see great value and take McDonald. McDonald has good range and is a tough defender. He can play in the box and has the speed and skills to cover TEís in man coverage.

Round 4 [#122]: Kenny Stills- Stills is a jack-of-all-trades kind of WR. He is precise in his routes, has sure hands, and uses the sidelines well. Sounds like a great WR for PFM. Fills a need and can contribute right away.

Round 5 [#154]: Montori Hughes- We take a flier on Hughes here who is a little raw, but is an explosive player. Hughes can improve his fundamentals, but has the tools to succeed. Heís very quick off the line. Just needs to be coached up a bit.

Round 7 [#218]: Dennis Johnson- Johnson possesses good vision and is shifty. Dennis could be the next late round RB that surprises everyone. He wonít get much attention due to being behind Knile Davis, but Johnson is a good all-around back and has even shown the ability to return kicks. Worth the 7th round pick at this point.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
broncospride95

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give a brief explanation for my madness if anyone was wondering why I went so DL heavy in it. Laughing

I know many will say I might have gone overboard with DL in this mock off-season, but I believe we need more DL that can plug the hole against the run and get more consistent pass rush. This mock is also assuming Wolfe slides into DT this year. We need a fresher/more talented DL that can punish the offenses OL and that's what I went for in this mock. Our DL is massively upgraded in this mock imo and will help provide a consistent pass rush and will free up Von for more one-on-one opportunities.

I also know I didn't address MLB. I didn't because I think Minter will be gone by our pick and I don't see Elway/Fox taking Ogletree or Te'o if they're available. I also think Arthur Brown has raised his stock into the mid 1st.

AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a few things I would quibble with but all in all it's a solid mock. I like all the prospects you have us drafting and, with the exception of Stills who has gotten into off-the-field trouble and has had his maturity questioned, seem like the type of high-motor, high-character, good football IQ players Elway targets.

The one thing I do disagree with is taking a S as early as we do. Elway & Co. have been fiercely loyal to their draft picks and I don't see them altering that position much. The plan, and as I said Elway has demonstrated a willingness to stick with his picks, is for Moore and Carter to be the long-term starters.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
broncospride95

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
There's a few things I would quibble with but all in all it's a solid mock. I like all the prospects you have us drafting and, with the exception of Stills who has gotten into off-the-field trouble and has had his maturity questioned, seem like the type of high-motor, high-character, good football IQ players Elway targets.

The one thing I do disagree with is taking a S as early as we do. Elway & Co. have been fiercely loyal to their draft picks and I don't see them altering that position much. The plan, and as I said Elway has demonstrated a willingness to stick with his picks, is for Moore and Carter to be the long-term starters.

On the McDonald pick I see it more as a value pick. Elway has shown to prefer the BPA method and with McDonald falling in our laps at #90 Elway is forced to pick him. He can immediately contribute with his ability to cover TE's which is a big weakness of our defense. All in all, I think there is a spot on this team for McDonald and he comes at great value.

Now onto Stills. I was going back and forth on that pick. I know Elway has shown a preference to avoid guys with character concerns, but I believe Stills has matured since his DUI in 2011. I remember seeing an article about Stills auctioning off his gloves that he wore in the win over West Virginia and then giving the proceeds to the Newtown victims. I think he has grown as a person since his DUI. In addition Stills fills a need, is good value in the 4th round, and can contribute right away.

broncs4life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncospride95 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

On the McDonald pick I see it more as a value pick. Elway has shown to prefer the BPA method and with McDonald falling in our laps at #90 Elway is forced to pick him. He can immediately contribute with his ability to cover TE's which is a big weakness of our defense. All in all, I think there is a spot on this team for McDonald and he comes at great value.

Now onto Stills. I was going back and forth on that pick. I know Elway has shown a preference to avoid guys with character concerns, but I believe Stills has matured since his DUI in 2011. I remember seeing an article about Stills auctioning off his gloves that he wore in the win over West Virginia and then giving the proceeds to the Newtown victims. I think he has grown as a person since his DUI. In addition Stills fills a need, is good value in the 4th round, and can contribute right away.

And i can say a real history about him. My little cousin is 15 years old and a big Stills fan. One day, he decided to send some drawings of him that he did. 3 weeks later, Stills send him an official jersey of him and he signs it with a letter that he wrote himself. So, i'm on the bandwagon for drafting him in the 4th. He changed a lot i think.

Thanks to Delphi83 for the incredible sig and Avatar!
Von Miller 2011 DROY!!!
IT'S MILLER TIME!!
GO BRONCOS!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: