Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys Coaching Changes: Garrett's Dirty Dozen?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2013/02/chicago-gm-surprised-he-was-able-to-get-joe-decamillis-as-special-teams-coach-from-dallas.html

I'm really surprised and pleased we were able to sign Mackenzy Bernadeau. He's such a tremendous talent and athlete. Obviously I'm kidding. Does anyone ever say, well we had to hire somebody.

How insulting is it for Coach Brokeneck to accept a job as the Special Teams Coach for the same team where he had just interviewed for the head coaching gig? That's a pretty damning message there.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
textaz03

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-NickEatman/Owner-Says-He-No-Longer-Has-Preference-In-Who-Calls-Plays-/e17c8018-933b-4563-9181-645d0b043444

Quote:
Head coach Jason Garrett didn’t have that answer last week or Thursday when he talked to the media at the scouting combine. Owner/GM Jerry Jones didn’t have an answer either when he talked Saturday.

In fact, Jones said he doesn’t have a real preference anymore.

That’s basically the only change Jones said he made regarding the play-calling situation. As it stands now, offensive coordinator Bill Callahan will have a larger role in the offense this year and that means he could call the plays in 2013.

Quote:
“It’s just no longer a preference of mine,” Jones said of the head coaching calling the plays. “When he was made head coach, I did express a preference he continued to be coordinator and thought that was the best way to go. But then I backed off of it – not demoted – but I backed off of saying it was my preference. And there was no push back there.”

hmmmmmmm, so are we stuck with Garrett as play caller or is Bill going to call the shots? Still no answer and just mass confussion coming from the minds at Valley Ranch in this regard.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68
Page 68 of 68

Jump to: