Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tyler Efiert
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 6387
Location: Gainesville, FL
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it were up to me next season we'd start Clay, have Fasano back as the #2 and Egnew as the #3 so I'm not particularly interested.
_________________
Maddogg wrote:
Also, Joe Philbin denies knowing who won the presidential election in 2012 because as quoted "I don't go anywhere where people talk about anything."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 6387
Location: Gainesville, FL
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His best game this year was 4 catches for 98 yards and 1 TD.. against Purdue. Only had more than 80 yards twice all year, never more than 1 TD, and had more than 4 catches only 3 times.

What's the love about?
_________________
Maddogg wrote:
Also, Joe Philbin denies knowing who won the presidential election in 2012 because as quoted "I don't go anywhere where people talk about anything."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fishfan4life


Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Posts: 1920
Location: santa rosa california
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
His best game this year was 4 catches for 98 yards and 1 TD.. against Purdue. Only had more than 80 yards twice all year, never more than 1 TD, and had more than 4 catches only 3 times.

What's the love about?
Is that what your basing it off? Notre dame was a heavy run team with a QB who was run first, run second past last QB. I am not saying we need to pick him because there are other players I prefer but his skill set translates to a late round 1. look at guys like vernon davis eifert had better stats then him and he was picked 6th overall he has better stats then former Notre dame star kyle rudolph I can go on and on its about his skill set and what it translates to the NFL and with the game revolving the demand for pass catching TE is at a all time high.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SUG


Joined: 15 May 2007
Posts: 6761
Location: Alameda, Ca
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
He is nice at TE but, I have him, Ertz and Reed grouped closely togeher as third round picks. Remember gentlemen the Combine should only be used as an affirmation as to the abilities they show playing the game.


All due respect Maddog but ...
All that kinda thinking will do is land you another "OK TE" like Fasano.

Can anyone here tell me the last time Mia drafted a TE in the 1st rnd ???

Look if were so lucky to come away from FA landing Mike Wallace we should absolutely move hell & high water to
land whichever one of these young TEs fits our scheme.

If it meant trading down to do so then fine but "spread the wealth" round the Offense with some nice diversity in talent.

The diversity that the acquisitions present mean Options, options, options ...

sug
_________________
# 52
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
orangetiktac


Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 419
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have no problem with him the second round provided we sign a big FA WR and draft another in the first or second. But no way I'd spend pick 12 on him. I honestly don't see a WR I'd spend pick 12 on but if we had to I'd go Keenan Allen.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roy


Joined: 03 Nov 2011
Posts: 23
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take him at #12. I don't see what's the problem. Most of the players that we desire are going to been gone by the time it reaches #12.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SUG


Joined: 15 May 2007
Posts: 6761
Location: Alameda, Ca
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangetiktac wrote:
I'd have no problem with him the second round provided we sign a big FA WR and draft another in the first or second. But no way I'd spend pick 12 on him. I honestly don't see a WR I'd spend pick 12 on but if we had to I'd go Keenan Allen.


Really even if we can land FA WR Mike Wallace ...?
Man I'd have no prob with him or any other TE J. Philbin felt is a good fit for our WC Off.
Having 3 Vets in Hartline, Wallace, D. Bess & Anthony Fasano more than justifys the move.

sug
_________________
# 52
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Roy


Joined: 03 Nov 2011
Posts: 23
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably gonna end up with Falcons or Bears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SUG


Joined: 15 May 2007
Posts: 6761
Location: Alameda, Ca
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
His best game this year was 4 catches for 98 yards and 1 TD.. against Purdue. Only had more than 80 yards twice all year, never more than 1 TD, and had more than 4 catches only 3 times.

What's the love about?
Is that what your basing it off? Notre dame was a heavy run team with a QB who was run first, run second past last QB. I am not saying we need to pick him because there are other players I prefer but his skill set translates to a late round 1. look at guys like vernon davis eifert had better stats then him and he was picked 6th overall he has better stats then former Notre dame star kyle rudolph I can go on and on its about his skill set and what it translates to the NFL and with the game revolving the demand for pass catching TE is at a all time high.


Thank you !
It's not like ND had some 1st rnd QB prospect heaving it all over the field for back to back 300 yd gms. PLEASE !
If anything Eiferts numbers you suggest show he exceled in a crapass passing offense!

Besides TEs typically grade higher in value in the WC Off than WRs.
The kid is very talented & would be surrounded by solid Vet talent to take the
heat off his rookie yr.
Perfect timing drafting a quality TE right about now.

sug
_________________
# 52
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Maddogg


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 1682
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away......
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
Maddogg wrote:
He is nice at TE but, I have him, Ertz and Reed grouped closely togeher as third round picks. Remember gentlemen the Combine should only be used as an affirmation as to the abilities they show playing the game.


All due respect Maddog but ...
All that kinda thinking will do is land you another "OK TE" like Fasano.

Can anyone here tell me the last time Mia drafted a TE in the 1st rnd ???

Look if were so lucky to come away from FA landing Mike Wallace we should absolutely move hell & high water to
land whichever one of these young TEs fits our scheme.

If it meant trading down to do so then fine but "spread the wealth" round the Offense with some nice diversity in talent.

The diversity that the acquisitions present mean Options, options, options ...

sug


Sug,

Its where I have the Tight Ends ranked, Those three in my rankings range from 65 to 71. Any one of the three I would be happy to have and would be an upgrade to Fasano.
I am strongly against reaching for players at any position because of need when you have someone ranked higher or should be ranked higher on your draft board.
The most recent example of this that speaks clearly to this is the Dolphins selecting Ted Ginn Jr in Round 1 at 9 when Patrick Willis was available. That draft day still enrages me because of all the picks we passed to go for need.

.. and to answer your question the Miami Dolphins have never selected a tight end in round 1. The closest was the late great Jim "Mad Dog" Mandich who was actually our first pick in 1970 in round two at #29. We had traded our first round pick that year to Cleveland for Paul Warfield..
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SUG


Joined: 15 May 2007
Posts: 6761
Location: Alameda, Ca
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
SUG wrote:
Maddogg wrote:
He is nice at TE but, I have him, Ertz and Reed grouped closely togeher as third round picks. Remember gentlemen the Combine should only be used as an affirmation as to the abilities they show playing the game.


All due respect Maddog but ...
All that kinda thinking will do is land you another "OK TE" like Fasano.

Can anyone here tell me the last time Mia drafted a TE in the 1st rnd ???

Look if were so lucky to come away from FA landing Mike Wallace we should absolutely move hell & high water to
land whichever one of these young TEs fits our scheme.

If it meant trading down to do so then fine but "spread the wealth" round the Offense with some nice diversity in talent.

The diversity that the acquisitions present mean Options, options, options ...

sug


Sug,

Its where I have the Tight Ends ranked, Those three in my rankings range from 65 to 71. Any one of the three I would be happy to have and would be an upgrade to Fasano.
I am strongly against reaching for players at any position because of need when you have someone ranked higher or should be ranked higher on your draft board.
The most recent example of this that speaks clearly to this is the Dolphins selecting Ted Ginn Jr in Round 1 at 9 when Patrick Willis was available. That draft day still enrages me because of all the picks we passed to go for need.

.. and to answer your question the Miami Dolphins have never selected a tight end in round 1. The closest was the late great Jim "Mad Dog" Mandich who was actually our first pick in 1970 in round two at #29. We had traded our first round pick that year to Cleveland for Paul Warfield..


I think the Ted Ginn comparison is a bit extreme given Eifert plays just off of the Oline & #19 has always been a STs guy.
I find it well worth emphasizing that Eiferts stats were produced in a "run heavy" Off, very avg QB & a GM plan that leaned heavy on the Deff.
They were content to win gms scoring 14 - 17 pts all yr long.

My point is ... a 3rd rnd rating is WAY low, C'mon Man be reasonable ! Smile

sug
_________________
# 52
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Maddogg


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 1682
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away......
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
Maddogg wrote:
SUG wrote:
Maddogg wrote:
He is nice at TE but, I have him, Ertz and Reed grouped closely togeher as third round picks. Remember gentlemen the Combine should only be used as an affirmation as to the abilities they show playing the game.


All due respect Maddog but ...
All that kinda thinking will do is land you another "OK TE" like Fasano.

Can anyone here tell me the last time Mia drafted a TE in the 1st rnd ???

Look if were so lucky to come away from FA landing Mike Wallace we should absolutely move hell & high water to
land whichever one of these young TEs fits our scheme.

If it meant trading down to do so then fine but "spread the wealth" round the Offense with some nice diversity in talent.

The diversity that the acquisitions present mean Options, options, options ...

sug


Sug,

Its where I have the Tight Ends ranked, Those three in my rankings range from 65 to 71. Any one of the three I would be happy to have and would be an upgrade to Fasano.
I am strongly against reaching for players at any position because of need when you have someone ranked higher or should be ranked higher on your draft board.
The most recent example of this that speaks clearly to this is the Dolphins selecting Ted Ginn Jr in Round 1 at 9 when Patrick Willis was available. That draft day still enrages me because of all the picks we passed to go for need.

.. and to answer your question the Miami Dolphins have never selected a tight end in round 1. The closest was the late great Jim "Mad Dog" Mandich who was actually our first pick in 1970 in round two at #29. We had traded our first round pick that year to Cleveland for Paul Warfield..


I think the Ted Ginn comparison is a bit extreme given Eifert plays just off of the Oline & #19 has always been a STs guy.
I find it well worth emphasizing that Eiferts stats were produced in a "run heavy" Off, very avg QB & a GM plan that leaned heavy on the Deff.
They were content to win gms scoring 14 - 17 pts all yr long.

My point is ... a 3rd rnd rating is WAY low, C'mon Man be reasonable ! Smile

sug


Hey Sug,

I don't have a deep concern if we draft Eiferts in round 2. Its just talent wise I have him ranked at 65 and that places him in round 3 right at the top. My major concern is that we go all glitzy and start selecting receivers and tight ends, yet we do not address the offense line. Granted it is early and we have not even hit free agency but if we end up with a porous offensive line it doesn't matter what our receiving corps looks like if Tannehill is on his back.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green4gulf


Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Posts: 2228
Location: TN, by way of Palm Beach FL
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Eifert will go before the 20th pick, and based of his combine numbers and production I don't think 12 is going to be grossly outside of his range when it's all over with. Unfortunately we have too many needs to pick a TE at 12 IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SUG


Joined: 15 May 2007
Posts: 6761
Location: Alameda, Ca
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I don't beleve a TE is out of the realm of pssibilties either.
Especially if we if we acquire Mike Wallace.

The combination of those 2 coupled with a very respectable B. Hartline & Tannehill throwing will certainly gain the attention of any NFL Deff Coord.
Thst should easily dictate what the front 7 can & shouldn't do, that my friends directly affects our Oline in a beneficial way.

Look, I'd love to draft one of these STUD LOTs at #12 or even a STUD DE but ...
I have total faith if Philbin were to pull the trigger with Eifert given his expertise with the WC Off as a great OC..

sug
_________________
# 52
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 6387
Location: Gainesville, FL
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know too much about the kid but if we're talking about taking him at #12 I'd like some productivity to back up the potential. I just doubt he'd be the best player available when it's the Dolphins turn to pick and like I previously stated I'd like to see Clay start this season, so unless we let Fasano walk I don't see TE as a need.
_________________
Maddogg wrote:
Also, Joe Philbin denies knowing who won the presidential election in 2012 because as quoted "I don't go anywhere where people talk about anything."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group