Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball XVII [Draft]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 124, 125, 126 ... 128, 129, 130  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LION KING

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

APPLES TO ORANGES STRAS IS 5 x the keeper EE Is worth in Age and stardom alone you over played Phreak I said that last year didn't stop ya from making the deal did it! Rolling Eyes

I think you should just worry about your own trades! Wink

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
APPLES TO ORANGES STRAS IS 5 x the keeper EE Is worth in Age and stardom alone you over played Phreak I said that last year didn't stop ya from making the deal did it! Rolling Eyes

I think you should just worry about your own trades! Wink

Well, if you actually look at the likelihood to help you win a matchup, EE is worth more and it isn't even close. EE has been rated top 20 in any trustworthy source I have seen for FB. SS, not so much. If age is all that matters to you though...

EE is worth twice as much in these settings and I paid probably about 1/10 as much. So no, even I thought I overpaid, but as it turns out I got quite a discount. Quite possibly the best value trade I have made in this league. Basically an entire draft for a SP 18 mos separated from TJ surgery....now that is a HUGE overpay.
nagahide13

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of thought that both of those trades were overpayments. To me, all that really means is that I wouldnt have made the trade, and that I wont be seeing thise guys on my roster any tike soon. Neither of those trades is a good comparison for market value.

Its not like I havent made any bad trades though, so whatever.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nagahide13 wrote:
I kind of thought that both of those trades were overpayments. To me, all that really means is that I wouldnt have made the trade, and that I wont be seeing thise guys on my roster any tike soon. Neither of those trades is a good comparison for market value.

I originally thought I overpaid for EE as well, but...

Bottom line;

4 picks, none higher than 5rd for a 30yo .285 40+HR keeper

or

4 picks, none lower than a 4rd, including a 1rd for an SP(Who cares how good or what age at that price in these settings)

Not sure you can still call 4rd value overpayment on EE anymore. He is even top 20 in keeper rankings. with 80 keepers, he certainly has 1rd value. But even IF you do, it don't even compare to the gross overpayment for a SP with questions.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed memo how stardom affects our scoreboard

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:

Ya. Last year we added # of Cy Youngs to the cats after LK drafted Santana. 2 Years before that was when he drafted Neil Walker and we added age as a cat. This year it is star power Wink
LION KING

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LET ME SUM THIS UP IN 5 POSTS hitting many different areas!

You can cut it anyway you want Phreak or Detroit fan for all that matter but clearly I got better value for Stras then all of ya get for your over the hill players that produce for one or two years before they hit Social security lol. People pay good price for Stras because of his age and talent so again good luck getting anything close to that take for any of your keepers!

I don't see any keeper on your team Phreak other then Kemp who could even bring in close to that hull in picks lol. Razz

Last edited by LION KING on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
LION KING

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But again I love it when I say I am going to trade someone everyone screams you won't get that for him well I guess your wrong otherwise I wouldn't of traded him in the first place then when I prove a deal like that is going to happen O they over payed, how about you just under sold him to begin with since you had his rights once way back.

So again get anything close to what I got for Stras if you even can lol.

LION KING

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually under sold Verlander could of gotten a lot more then I did for him when I dealt him to G Money that was a mistake I will never make again players with that kind of talent won't be cheap from me ever again you want him your going to pay me!

I have had a ton of offers for Cargo nothing blows me away yet but that don't mean someone won't offer me what I am looking for him.

Otherwise the dude won't move period, I don't care what you think the value of a player is ever its always me that puts the value on my players and I get the value I want or they don't move! Wink

LION KING

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Ya. Last year we added # of Cy Youngs to the cats after LK drafted Santana. 2 Years before that was when he drafted Neil Walker and we added age as a cat. This year it is star power Wink

Actually Santana was awesome for me being a 10th round pick and I never tried once to peddle him or trade him away for any value so again don't know really what your talking about bring him up and I refused to trade Walker many times over the past two years again not sure why he is a thorn in your side you got two Minor league players as bench warmers on your team as keepers!

Again irrelevant really but I got better value in Xander Bogaerts then you got in both your bench warmers and right now I am banking on him being a better player then Jurickson Profar down the road and I am positive he will have way more Power then him ever! Wink

Last edited by LION KING on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
LION KING

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:

Bottom line;

or

4 picks, none lower than a 4rd, including a 1rd for an SP(Who cares how good or what age at that price in these settings)

Not sure you can still call 4rd value overpayment on EE anymore. He is even top 20 in keeper rankings. with 80 keepers, he certainly has 1rd value. But even IF you do, it don't even compare to the gross overpayment for a SP with questions.

When you actually look at him the past 3 years he only really was great last season and you over payed for a 1st baseman period he isn't playing a hot spot like 3rd base this season he is just another 1st baseman!

Sorry but no thanks EE isn't worth it at 1st base rather have Allen Craig OPPS you dropped him for EE just another terrible move you have made with your keepers as Detroit fan constantly reminds all of us! Wink

FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:

Bottom line;

or

When you actually look at him the past 3 years he only really was great last season and you over payed for a 1st baseman period he isn't playing a hot spot like 3rd base this season he is just another 1st baseman!

Sorry but no thanks EE isn't worth it at 1st base rather have Allen Craig OPPS you dropped him for EE just another terrible move you have made with your keepers as Detroit fan constantly reminds all of us! Wink

Use the same logic with SS and tell me what you come up with.

I paid nearly nothing for EE and he was my second highest rated keeper and higher than any keeper on multiple teams.

Just because you don't like high value guys or guys that help you win as keepers doesn't mean the rest of the world does too.
LION KING

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You won't even get close to the value I got for Stras for a over 30 1st baseman who had really only one great year in his life.

Not a chance in hell! Wink

FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
You won't even get close to the value I got for Stras for a over 30 1st baseman who had really only one great year in his life.

Not a chance in hell! Wink

That's my point. SS was SEVERELY overpaid for.
LION KING

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Stras value will always be higher then EE face it one is younger and way more talented he is considered perhaps the best pitcher in the game this season has nothing but growth 2 years from now you won't even be able to touch him from anyone without paying even more then BAD FISH payed!

Starting Pitching value went up with QS and the way this league is going the pitching stats are going to get better and better every year his value is going to go up no matter what down the road lol.

We didn't think Pitchers would get QS two years ago! Wink

Last edited by LION KING on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 124, 125, 126 ... 128, 129, 130  Next
Page 125 of 130

Jump to: