Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Combine
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I think people are talking about Warmack as if he is an average1st round OG talent.

Warmack is not DeCastro.

He is ranked by many experts as the best player in the draft or at least top 3. DeCastro was not in the top 10 in most rankings. Words like transcendent have been used to describe him. I know there are no QBs in this draft but he is still ranked higher that DEs and LTs.

Added to the increased importance of OG around the league.

Now I don't know what that means on draft day. But this is not like any situation we have seen in the past.

I still think he goes between 9-15. Cooper shortly after and the notion that teams value C so he goes first are off. C is a position filled most often by your least regarded OLmen.
Decastro was called the best OG prospect since Steve Hutchinson, he was AT LEAST equal to Warmack. I love revisionist history. Before them, Maurkice Pouncey, the closest to a sure thing ever. Before him, Mike Iupati the greatest thing since sliced bread and a potential LT just like Brandon Albert. As I've said, I've seen this movie before.

Exactly....I remember the hype Decastro was getting before the draft. IMO it was just as loud as the hype Warmack is getting.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
MiBears4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: DeCastro Reply with quote

I keep a big board of draft talent based on several sites big boards(must include enough prospects to cover all 7 rounds). DeCastro averaged around 9th top prospect. As of precombine, I have Johnson at 16, Warmack at 8, Fischer at 9, and DJ at 30. I'm sure it will change alot by draft time though.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I think people are talking about Warmack as if he is an average1st round OG talent.

Warmack is not DeCastro.

He is ranked by many experts as the best player in the draft or at least top 3. DeCastro was not in the top 10 in most rankings. Words like transcendent have been used to describe him. I know there are no QBs in this draft but he is still ranked higher that DEs and LTs.

Now I don't know what that means on draft day. But this is not like any situation we have seen in the past.

I still think he goes between 9-15. Cooper shortly after and the notion that teams value C so he goes first are off. C is a position filled most often by your least regarded OLmen.
Decastro was called the best OG prospect since Steve Hutchinson, he was AT LEAST equal to Warmack. I love revisionist history. Before them, Maurkice Pouncey, the closest to a sure thing ever. Before him, Mike Iupati the greatest thing since sliced bread and a potential LT just like Brandon Albert. As I've said, I've seen this movie before.

Exactly....I remember the hype Decastro was getting before the draft. IMO it was just as loud as the hype Warmack is getting.
What's really hilarious is I remember the slobbering over Decastro at the draft last year too. The comments about how every drill was perfect, how he had no weakness to his game.

Hell I remember a certain OG in 2008 who everyone said was a top 10 pick that didn't get picked until the 5th round and has never been anything.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Warmack is not DeCastro.

What's really hilarious is I remember the slobbering over Decastro at the draft last year too. The comments about how every drill was perfect, how he had no weakness to his game.

Hell I remember a certain OG in 2008 who everyone said was a top 10 pick that didn't get picked until the 5th round and has never been anything.

(Raises hand)

Oh! Oh! I know this one! Pick me!

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
ChiSportsFan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it Duke Robinson?
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tavon Austin with an unofficial 4.25 forty.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tavon Austin 4.25

He looks pretty ripped up too, Im definitely not one to put it past him because of his size. He's gunna be a stud in the NFL.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Tavon Austin 4.25

He looks pretty ripped up too, Im definitely not one to put it past him because of his size. He's gunna be a stud in the NFL.

Put up 14 reps at 225lbs as well...

Marcus Davis helped himself there with a 4.4 flat.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marquise Goodwin 4.25 Unofficial.

Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4.38 for Corey Fuller...whoever the strength coach at Va Tech is he does a great job year in year out....

Goodwin with a 4.25 as well.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Tavon Austin 4.25

Does it lock him up in the top 50 you think? I can't imagine him being there for our 2nd at this point.

Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Tavon Austin 4.25

Does it lock him up in the top 50 you think? I can't imagine him being there for our 2nd at this point.

I think his height is his biggest problem…not many true #1 WRs that are under 5-9”…I think a team might take him in the 1st now as a weapon and not a WR…I think he can help a team as a RB/WR/KR…he is a matchup nightmare if you play him inside the numbers…if you have two bigger outside WRs and this guy inside you are going to create problems for any D…I would love to see him in Trestman’s offence but we would have to do a lot in FA to warrant giving up pick #20 for him.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.45 10 yard split for Tavon Austion...1.43 for Goodwin.
Ballennonstop

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Tavon Austin 4.25

I think his height is his biggest problem…not many true #1 WRs that are under 5-9”…I think a team might take him in the 1st now as a weapon and not a WR…I think he can help a team as a RB/WR/KR…he is a matchup nightmare if you play him inside the numbers…if you have two bigger outside WRs and this guy inside you are going to create problems for any D…I would love to see him in Trestman’s offence but we would have to do a lot in FA to warrant giving up pick #20 for him.

I'd rather get draft OL & TE with our first two picks and grab Ace Sanders in the 3rd (trade down) or naturally in the 4th if he's there. I love Austin but he's a luxury pick.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballennonstop wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Tavon Austin 4.25

I'd rather get draft OL & TE with our first two picks and grab Ace Sanders in the 3rd (trade down) or naturally in the 4th if he's there. I love Austin but he's a luxury pick.

No doubt...that's why I said we would have to do alot in FA to even consider it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 15 of 37

Jump to: