Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Combine
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eifert looks smooth!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:
scottonatable wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
I expected a better time from Escobar.

This TE class is deep. Good for us.

Nice but I want Eifert with our pick. He's better than any DB we'd get. That guy is gonna be a stud

i like Eifert alot but i dont know with the #13 pick one TE i really like is Dion Sims hes a huge TE to run a 4.72 is impressive

I'm just not too impressed with him on tape and I just don't see the measurables completely carry over to the football field.... not a guy I'd rely on

You do realized he had a trash qb? And no other threat on offense?

I don't think any of these top TEs had a quality QB, besides Ertz.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Sims checked in 22 lbs lighter than his listed weight. Wonder what the actual size he played at in college.

He's a well rounded TE.

Idk sure the 40 times are a bit slower than I thought for Escobar Eifert or Ertz but I think the entire combine doesn't define who you are as a football player. If it did Darius Heyward Bey And Matt jones would be stars.

Heck joe Haden ran a 4.7 and he's a top 10 cb in the league. Taylor mays ran a 4.29 yet idk where he is.

Sorry if I come off arrogant. It's just the combine IMO doesn't make or break any prospects. The film play on the field does.

That just isn't true. The combine isn't just about the drills. The medical and the interviews, the stuff that we don't see, can actually really help or really hurt a prospect.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2013/02/22/cincinnatis-kelce-tries-shedding-character-health

Quote:
But Kelce has some serious issues he must face. The Combine will be a huge test for him considering his two biggest strikes against him: questions about his character and health. In the 2013 Pro Football Weekly Draft Guide, an unnamed NFL evaluator called Kelce “a trainwreck character-wise” and said his baggage will push him down until the third round at least.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/23/jarvis-jones-neck-causes-red-flag-for-multiple-teams/

Quote:
Per a league source, Jones’ neck has prompted multiple teams to shy away from considering him, especially in round one. He left USC due to concerns over his spinal stenosis. The fact that Georgia welcomed him with open arms shows that reasonable medical minds will differ on whether to take the risk associated with a narrowed spinal canal.

Kelce's interviews will be crucial as it seems that some teams already feel that he is a headcase. Jarvis Jones isn't even doing any drills, but it seems that his medical will scare some teams off.

The combine is much more important than you think.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
RedCoat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eifert looked every bit a 1st rd pick, but the guy I think really earn't himself some money, was Vance McDonald from Rice, maybe not as refined as Eifert, but put up some similar numbers at 267lb's.

I can now see him compete with Eifert and Ertz, to be the first TE taken.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Sims checked in 22 lbs lighter than his listed weight. Wonder what the actual size he played at in college.

He's a well rounded TE.

Idk sure the 40 times are a bit slower than I thought for Escobar Eifert or Ertz but I think the entire combine doesn't define who you are as a football player. If it did Darius Heyward Bey And Matt jones would be stars.

Heck joe Haden ran a 4.7 and he's a top 10 cb in the league. Taylor mays ran a 4.29 yet idk where he is.

Sorry if I come off arrogant. It's just the combine IMO doesn't make or break any prospects. The film play on the field does.

That just isn't true. The combine isn't just about the drills. The medical and the interviews, the stuff that we don't see, can actually really help or really hurt a prospect.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2013/02/22/cincinnatis-kelce-tries-shedding-character-health

Quote:
But Kelce has some serious issues he must face. The Combine will be a huge test for him considering his two biggest strikes against him: questions about his character and health. In the 2013 Pro Football Weekly Draft Guide, an unnamed NFL evaluator called Kelce “a trainwreck character-wise” and said his baggage will push him down until the third round at least.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/23/jarvis-jones-neck-causes-red-flag-for-multiple-teams/

Quote:
Per a league source, Jones’ neck has prompted multiple teams to shy away from considering him, especially in round one. He left USC due to concerns over his spinal stenosis. The fact that Georgia welcomed him with open arms shows that reasonable medical minds will differ on whether to take the risk associated with a narrowed spinal canal.

Kelce's interviews will be crucial as it seems that some teams already feel that he is a headcase. Jarvis Jones isn't even doing any drills, but it seems that his medical will scare some teams off.

The combine is much more important than you think.

I should have made my self more clear: The 40 Time, long jump, broad jump, etc. They don;t make or break.

The interviews and getting a better understanding of one's character and being able to meet with these prospects is definately a necessity.

For example: I'd still take Escobar over someone like Dion Sims, regardless of who ran a better 40 time. I just think Escobars game on the field translates.
RedCoat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
Terron Armstead OL 300+ lbs runs a 4.65
I believe they rounded it up officially as a 4.71.

The guys who stood out for me, (usual subjects withstanding) were Armstead, Lane Johnson, Vinston Painter, Brian Schwenke , and Johnathan Cooper.

Fluker really dissapointed IMO, I thought he looked awful..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedCoat wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:
Terron Armstead OL 300+ lbs runs a 4.65
I believe they rounded it up officially as a 4.71.

The guys who stood out for me, (usual subjects withstanding) were Armstead, Lane Johnson, Vinston Painter, Brian Schwenke , and Johnathan Cooper.

Fluker really dissapointed IMO, I thought he looked awful..

I'd still bank on Fluker being a powerful RT in the league, regardless of his performance here. 21 reps on the bench? Yes. But he has freakishly long arms as well, which hinders your ability to do more.

Lane Johnson is impressive, but still a project, IMO. Pretty risky pick that high. If it were round 2, which where he was originally projected back in early January, sure. He's getting a lot of buzz now due to Fisher and Joeckel possibly going top 5 and 7. San Diego may reach.

Schwenke is a guy I'm interested in. Could definately be an upgrade over Zuttah.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedCoat wrote:
Eifert looked every bit a 1st rd pick, but the guy I think really earn't himself some money, was Vance McDonald from Rice, maybe not as refined as Eifert, but put up some similar numbers at 267lb's.

You think McDonald goes in the first? because there's a shot Eifert and Ertz could... that's a bold statement
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Citing a league source, Profootballtalk.com reports Georgia OLB Jarvis Jones' neck injury (spinal stenosis) is causing "multiple teams" to shy away from him, particularly in round one.
PFT reports Jones is being removed from draft boards, ostensibly after Combine medical exams confirmed the stenosis. Jones received a clean bill of health at Georgia and dominated the SEC, but he's opted out of Combine drills and "multiple teams" have "already decided to avoid him." We witnessed a similar situation in the 2011 draft. Widely expected to be a top-ten pick, Da'Quan Bowers slipped all the way to Bucs' second-round selection (No. 51).
Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

Interesting
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I'd stay far away from jones. I don't think he's as good as the prospect he's being hyped to be. He wasn't very effective against Alabama and I saw inconsistency as the year progressed.

Add in his medical concerns I'm not sure I'd touch him. I think he's overhyped and won't make anywhere near the impact of a Von miller.
RedCoat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
RedCoat wrote:

You think McDonald goes in the first? because there's a shot Eifert and Ertz could... that's a bold statement
Honestly, yes I do, he may not be as fluid catching passes as Eifert, but I see a more rounded player.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4--2--5 WTF!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4--2--5 WTF!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
4--2--5 WTF!!!

I'm hungover on my buddies couch. Who ran that ?
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austin AND Goodwin!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12

Jump to: