Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Titans Draft Thread(We Own Pick #10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotch and the rest of the o-line played really well after they gelled together last year, much better than most want to give them credit for. Roos-Hutch-Velasco-Harris/Lutui-Stewart was a solid lineup through the middle stretch of the season. Them gelling together is what made CJ play so much better.

I remember reading somewhere that if the Titans were still in contention for playoffs, Hutch would have been able to continue playing, but I dunno how true that is. I would like to replace Harris/Lutui, but I honestly would have no issue with Hutch coming back. I also don't have issue with replacing Hutch if we can bring in someone good enough, but he's not a guy I think we have to replace because he was bad, only because of his age/health.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:
“@terrymc13: I think #Titans might draft one interior lineman to start, sign a free agent to start and plug Fernando Velasco into remaining spot on OL.”

That's how i view it....

Interesting that they don't say Velasco is locked into center. Don't know why we would mess with the center position when we finally find someone serviceable after the Amano years.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR
2) Sammie Hill NT
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:
“@terrymc13: I think #Titans might draft one interior lineman to start, sign a free agent to start and plug Fernando Velasco into remaining spot on OL.”

That's how i view it....

Interesting that they don't say Velasco is locked into center. Don't know why we would mess with the center position when we finally find someone serviceable after the Amano years.

It's because Velasco is so versatile and naturally is a guard. He can play all 3 of the interior positions and play at a high level. Maybe Terry McCormick thinks they can find a center in the draft like Brian Schwenke who they met with and were impressed with. Then sign a OG through FA like Levitre.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some O-Line Bench Reps

Larry Warford - 28
Johnathan Cooper - 35
Brian Winters - 9 Apparently got injured
Brian Schwenke - 31
DJ Fluker - 21
justing101

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In his Combine media interview, LSU DE Sam Montgomery admitted to betting in college and taking games -- not plays -- games off when the Tigers faced lesser opponents.
Montgomery's agent should have advised him before the Combine that saying things like this is not smart. At all. "Some weeks when we didn’t have to play the harder teams, there were some times when effort was not needed," Montgomery said. "But when we had the big boys coming in, the ‘Bamas or the South Carolinas, I grabbed close to those guys and went all out." Montgomery detailed "hundreds of dollars" in bets with teammate Barkevious Mingo, including one for $5,000 on which LSU defensive end will be drafted higher. We'd wager -- heavily -- that it won't be Montgomery. Draft insider Tony Pauline reported late Saturday that LSU's coaching staff has been "slamming" Montgomery to NFL teams.

I wouldn't touch this guy till the 7th round Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
Quote:
In his Combine media interview, LSU DE Sam Montgomery admitted to betting in college and taking games -- not plays -- games off when the Tigers faced lesser opponents.
Montgomery's agent should have advised him before the Combine that saying things like this is not smart. At all. "Some weeks when we didn’t have to play the harder teams, there were some times when effort was not needed," Montgomery said. "But when we had the big boys coming in, the ‘Bamas or the South Carolinas, I grabbed close to those guys and went all out." Montgomery detailed "hundreds of dollars" in bets with teammate Barkevious Mingo, including one for $5,000 on which LSU defensive end will be drafted higher. We'd wager -- heavily -- that it won't be Montgomery. Draft insider Tony Pauline reported late Saturday that LSU's coaching staff has been "slamming" Montgomery to NFL teams.

I wouldn't touch this guy till the 7th round Laughing

Yea I've haven't liked Sam since I first saw his strength and conditioning coach put his name on a list to NFL Scouts.

Don't want anything to do with Mingo either.
justing101

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tavon Austin just unofficially ran a 4.25. We will probably draft him at 10 now. Just kiddin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
Tavon Austin just unofficially ran a 4.25. We will probably draft him at 10 now. Just kiddin

So did Marquise Goodwin.
justing101

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
justing101 wrote:

So did Marquise Goodwin.

Yes he did. Justin Hunter ran 4.41 Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@jwyattsports: Texas safety Kenny Vaccaro, who's regarded as best at position in draft. He's meeting with #Titans tonight

Do not want
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Some O-Line Bench Reps

Larry Warford - 28
Johnathan Cooper - 35
Brian Winters - 9 Apparently got injured
Brian Schwenke - 31
DJ Fluker - 21

Cooper and Warmack are the ones I would want in the first. If we don't go OL in the first Warford better be the pick in the second.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:
“@jwyattsports: Texas safety Kenny Vaccaro, who's regarded as best at position in draft. He's meeting with #Titans tonight

Do not want

Same. I'd rather have Elam or Swearinger. I certainly don't want Vaccaro at 10. That whole team just mailed it in this season and gave up. Not the kind of guy I want.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
justing101

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:

Do not want

He is not a good tackler lol I really hope we pass him by with the 10th. I WANT either Elam or Swearinger later.

Quote:
One NFL scout called Utah's Star Lotulelei the "most overrated of the bunch," when referencing the DT group.
"He doesn't really generate pressure," the same evaluator told Packers beat writer bob McGinn. "He doesn't shed guys and make plays. Sometimes he disappears. Other times he surely dominates." Another NFL scout said "He's a better player than Dontari Poe coming out. He's quick-footed, strong, can run."

I am starting to like Floyd better than Star.

Quote:
Florida State DE Bjoern Werner "comes off the ball hard but (is) not special," according to one unnamed NFL Scout.
He's not a dynamic pass rusher but he seems to get sacks," the scout said. A different evaluator told Packers beat writer Bob McGinn, "He's good, but I don't see the special in him. Kind of a try-hard, good football player but nothing special."

I don't want Werner either and never have liked him much.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

latinoaustino wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:

Do not want

Same. I'd rather have Elam or Swearinger. I certainly don't want Vaccaro at 10. That whole team just mailed it in this season and gave up. Not the kind of guy I want.

Exactly. I don't want anything to do with another Texas plays. Softest players ever.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of my draft comments

Am I the only one who still wouldn't mind Sheldon Richardson at#10? His hustle/motor is outstanding. Motor/hustle might be the biggest thing I like to look for in a dlineman (one of the reasons I'm not high on Bjoern Werner). With the right coaching, I think he could turn into a premier pass rushing DT in the form of a Geno Atkins. With the news about Star though, he and Floyd could both potentially be taken before our #10 pick.

Also the RBs I would love if we got in the draft are LeVeon Bell, Mike Gillislee, Zac Stacy and my sleeper Spencer Ware.

And on a final note, I'm still all for us drafting Tyrann Mathieu, character issues and all. If he's available in the 4th round or later, I say let's get him. The one thing we need for our defense is a playmaker and he's certainly that. I'd love if he played the rover role ala Finnergan, for us. And even if he doesn't contribute on defense immediately, he'd be great as a returner/gunner on special teams. I'm as interested in checking him out on Tuesday as I am anyone else just to see how his speed is in the 40 and how he does on the on field drills after missing a year of football.

Zach Brown-
Taylor Thompson-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 29 of 62

Jump to: