Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Marques Colston a Top 10 WR?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
If Andre Johnson is a tier 2 receiver, then Marques Colston is a tier 50 receiver.

Uhhhhh, no. Colston is not far behind Andre.

In your world: He's not.
In the real world/reality: Yes he is.

Give Andre Drew Brees and he's putting up 1.9k yards just like Calvin.

Oh Gawd. You people need to stop.

Yeah, you can't take away from Calvin. By the time he's hanging them up, he'll be the GOAT. Sorry Jerry.. move over Calvin's coming.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

AD 4 MVP!

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
So your saying roddy is part of the system in every different offense he has been put in? You do realize since 2007 he has put up 1150+ yards and 6+ td's EVERY YEAR. No matter who the QB was or what scheme he was in. Then you add in he is probably one of the top 5 blocking WR's in the nfl on top of everything else he does as a WR.

I'll even put it this way since 2007 Colston vs Roddy is no comparison.

Roddy has played with a top 10 QB in a run 1st offense compared to Colston who has had a top 3 QB in a pass 1st offense and STILL out played him in almost every year since then.

As of right now Roddy is still the best Wr on the Falcons. Although Julio isn't to far behind and julio's upside is much higher than roddy's in the long run. Which is scary considering roddy has been a top 5 WR for a few years now.

I'm not saying that's all he is. Or I wouldn't put him in top 10. He's a great receiver, I just don't like him as much as Colston. Maybe I haven't seen enough of Roddy, but:

Colston is better at going up for the ball, uses his size to get GREAT leverage over corners, one of the best route runners in the game, has great hands (as does Roddy), all in all they're both great receivers, and I'd love them both on my team, but Roddy is also not a top 5 WR.

In a league with Megatron, AJ Green, Julio, Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Reggie Wayne, etc. White is not top 5.

Before you jump all on me and say I'm selling White short, before Julio came around, he was in a pass-happy (with Ryan) offense and the only good WR. (to my knowledge)

White is great, as is Colston.

Im not knocking colston at all as i have considered colston a top WR for awhile now.

But i think your just taking this season and this season alone into consideration when talking about top Wr's. Roddy before this year although he beasted this year too. Was considered a top 5 Wr on most peoples Wr list when they done them on this site. I think and correct me if im wrong but he has more yards over the last 4 or 5 years as a WR than any WR in that span?

Also if your saying a pass happy offense as the falcons then before this year which we are now you would be wrong. Under Mike Murlarky we were a really strong run 1st offense.

Ah. In that case, can't take anything away from him.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

AD 4 MVP!

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
DreDay80

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
If Andre Johnson is a tier 2 receiver, then Marques Colston is a tier 50 receiver.

Andre just put up 1600 yards with Matt Schaub on 40 less targets than Calvin. It's not a stretch at all and it's VERY possible.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreDay80 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:

Andre just put up 1600 yards with Matt Schaub on 40 less targets than Calvin. It's not a stretch at all and it's VERY possible.

No one cares about targets, the question is how many CATCHES? Tron had more no doubt, but how much more.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

AD 4 MVP!

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
Harper41

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

powderblues wrote:
Wow some serious trolling going on here... Colston better than Vincent Jackson? LOL.

VJax is making Freeman look good. Meanwhile Colston can't even get similar stats with Brees throwing him the ball.

He is not even a top 15 WR, end of discussion. He's just slightly above the level of Malcom Floyd who is a top 25 WR.

VJax also has the benefit of being spoon fed the ball, while Brees spreads it around. I'm not saying Colstons better, but him saying he's better than VJax is no worse than you calling Colston "slightly" better than Malcolm Floyd Laughing

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
Silver Bullet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply, no.
Malik

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:

No one cares about targets, the question is how many CATCHES? Tron had more no doubt, but how much more.

Everyone cares about targets. You can't have the same amount of catches if one guy gets more targets. :/

115 (1575)
101 (1569)
112 (1598)

Calvin Johnson's highest is 122.
detroitroar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better IMO:

CJ
Andre
Fitz
Steve Smith
AJ Green
Julio Jones
Roddy White
Welker
Marshall
Crabtree
Harvin
Nicks
Cruz
Jackson
Jennings

Could be more. Id say Colston is somewhere in the 20's.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
slocie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marques Colston is one of the best and most consistent receivers in the NFL today. Except in 2008 (he was injured that year), this guy has had 1,000 yard receiving season EVERY YEAR he's been in the league. That's mind-boggling, and he's a 7th round draft pick at that. Elite receiver. And he's won a championship.

Great team player and is a guy worth watching. He deserves a Pro Bowl/All-Pro nod.
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

powderblues wrote:
VJax is making Freeman look good. Meanwhile Colston can't even get similar stats with Brees throwing him the ball.

Not a good argument when you compare the receivers on both teams. Tampa doesn't exactly have the kind of WR corp that allows you to spread the ball around like NO's does.

That being said, Colston is criminally underrated. Is he Top 10, no. I don't think so. Top 20, yes. Maybe even Top 15. He has had some of the most consistent production for a WR from his very first game on. 1000+ yards every season with the exception of his 4th season where he only played around 7-8 games I believe. But is he Top 10 worthy, you can make a very vague argument for him, but I don't think a good one.

Adopt-A-Saint:
Kenny Vaccaro 28 Tkls 2 PD 1 SCK
Ben Watson 9 Rec 64 Yds
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
powderblues wrote:

Not a good argument when you compare the receivers on both teams. Tampa doesn't exactly have the kind of WR corp that allows you to spread the ball around like NO's does.

That being said, Colston is criminally underrated. Is he Top 10, no. I don't think so. Top 20, yes. Maybe even Top 15. He has had some of the most consistent production for a WR from his very first game on. 1000+ yards every season with the exception of his 4th season where he only played around 7-8 games I believe. But is he Top 10 worthy, you can make a very vague argument for him, but I don't think a good one.

Exactly as I would've said it.

Top 10? No, unless you're really making a weak argument.
Top 15? You could make an argument.
Top 20? Absolutely.

He is very underrated, but not top 10.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He hasn't put up top 10 numbers but I do think he has top 10 potential. If he was the focal point of the offense then he'd have more of a case, but I think we just spread the ball around too much for him to show it.

#JDI
fortdetroit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreDay80 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:

Andre also has the benefit of some serious play action in Houston to keep the defense on their heels and help get him open. I can't imagine what Calvin could have put up with a good/productive running game and hence play action to work off of.
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
Tampa doesn't exactly have the kind of WR corp that allows you to spread the ball around like NO's does.

Pretty much my thoughts. I like Colston a lot, but wouldn't put him in the top 10.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id say Colston is in the ~10-15 range, in the NFC.

Tier 1:
Calvin Johnson

Tier 2:
Dez Bryant
Hakeem Nicks
Brandon Marshall
Julio Jones
Roddy White
Larry Fitzgerald

Tier 3:
Victor Cruz
Vincent Jackson
Greg Jennings

Tier 4:
M. Colston
M Austin
S Smith
J Maclin
D Jackson
P Garcon
Jordy Nelson

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: