Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Fitness Thread, v. 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunnygsm wrote:
Think I'm doing my 5x5 wrong too :p. I've just been going 5 sets of 5 at a heavier weight (prob not a max). Confused
There are different versions of it. Beginner one I'm doing is 5 sets at the same weight. When I plateau, I'll probably start ramping a bit, etc. but right now, I end up doing about 8 sets of the core lifts with the 2-3 warm up sets.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
have you guys experimenting with super slow lifting and reverse negatives Question

its my new thing.. i read and watched some stuff how Japanese karate masters train..and they do strength training exercises like the slowest possible ever.. like doing 1 push up that might take 45 seconds.. they say it incorporates and develops more of the individual muscle fibers and hardens the body.. a lot of research says slow lifting can improve muscle growth but you dont get the same calorie out put as say lifting fast.. but i noticed if you lift slow and really hold down the rest periods and go go go you get sick pumps and those deep burns like you havent lifted in some time..

i think its important tho to keep changing reps and speed of reps and the exercises your doing but i think reverse negatives and super slow lifting has its place.

i love negatives. i just dont have someone in brooklyn i can trust to help me do them.
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Braylon4MVP wrote:
Does the timing of protein intake actually matter? Like, does it make a difference if I drink a protein shake five minutes after my workout or five hours after?

Also.. I've been bulking for a few months.. I hit 185 (6ft tall), not big by any means, but I wanna start cutting, I can't stand having fat on me.. I'm not fat, at all, I'm actually pretty skinny, but I know I can easily get rid of this little bit of fat.. Anyway, so my question is.. I've been neglecting my traps/shoulders due to injury for months.. I think I'm ready to start lifting with them again, will these muscles grow as I start lifting with them even if it's while I'm cutting?

Yes it 100% matters. It's called protein microsynthesis and it occurs 30-60 seconds immediately after your workout, of course if there is no protein in you body then this process just ends up eating away at your muscle fibers and you risk going straight catabolic so I'd highly advise you bring your shake with you to the weightroom and down it right after you finish your last set. Get educated, bro.

hahahahaha thats BS sold to you by supplement companies trying to push there new "whey blend".. there is no miracle window.. 10 minutes to a hour or whatever.. the anabolic window is much greater..

you wanna get the protein into after you work out but food food is better then whey.. if ate protein before you go to the gym and are eating regularly every few hours something with a protein source you are not going to go into some crazy catabolic state. its more the entire process from when you wake to when you passed out at night...

Shake guy at the gym is a d bag to with his stupid shaker and gym back of alchemy bro.. yeah we get it dude.. we see you... this aint Jamba Juice gtfo.. these guys are so sheepy.. think the guy at GNC or Vitamin Shoppe is his bro tho hes working for commision and has a spiel on every supplement companies supplment and there whacky lab results and they think its science.

why dont you get educated and do the research bro... hahah

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19478342

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19478342

Epic trolljob. I don't think "protein microsynthesis" is even a thing.
VikingsFan51

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm loving my routine right now. At least 20 minutes of cardio a day, lifting 4-5 times a week, and I usually am good enough to do it before 3 PM.

I've gotten into the habit of drinking my preworkout 15 minutes before class gets out, walking to the gym, and then getting a lift in.

^SiLo^
EliteTexan80 wrote:
You are the aweosmenst VIKINGS FAN!

YEAAAAH!
VikingsFan51

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, what protein do you guys use? This summer I started with GNC's Amplified Wheybolic Extreme, decided it was overpriced, and used Gold Standard for a bit. I just switched Gaspari Myofusion and I really like it, but I also just ordered Myotein. Anyone ever used it?

^SiLo^
EliteTexan80 wrote:
You are the aweosmenst VIKINGS FAN!

YEAAAAH!
MaclinandMCcoy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikingsFan51 wrote:
Oh yeah, what protein do you guys use? This summer I started with GNC's Amplified Wheybolic Extreme, decided it was overpriced, and used Gold Standard for a bit. I just switched Gaspari Myofusion and I really like it, but I also just ordered Myotein. Anyone ever used it?

I've used Musclepharm's combat powder and a good friend of mine's dad owns a smoothie king so I sometimes buy the smoothie king gladiator protein powder from them (he gives me the wholesale deal)

Musclepharm's is def the best tasting I've had though.
Harper41

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like protein is protein. I usually just buy the best bang for my buck when I go into Vitamin Shoppe.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikingsFan51 wrote:

Leave it to GNC to come up with a lulzy name like that..
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikingsFan51 wrote:
ON Gold Standard. They sell it at the Hy-Vee by my apartment, so it's convenient. Good taste, too.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

get over your self... the term "protein sysnthesis" or forms of those words put together are used commonly and nor did i ever repeat the word "protein microsynthesis" and figured you picked it off a label or might be a BROscience term.. but Protein biosynthesis is the correct term...

and this is actually a question guys ask a lot and your answer is kinda the standard in some form of not.. and i took you as being serious but there wasnt some crazy set up or pun there.. it was not a Epic trolljob..

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any one using hemp protein powder ?

G Harmon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

get over your self... the term "protein sysnthesis" or forms of those words put together are used commonly and nor did i ever repeat the word "protein microsynthesis" and figured you picked it off a label or might be a BROscience term.. but Protein biosynthesis is the correct term...

and this is actually a question guys ask a lot and your answer is kinda the standard in some form of not.. and i took you as being serious but there wasnt some crazy set up or pun there.. it was not a Epic trolljob..

Bro do you even lift?

G.Harmon MLB #9
...Stop, You're Looking At Brilliance. G.G.T.G
buno67

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaclinandMCcoy wrote:
VikingsFan51 wrote:

I've used Musclepharm's combat powder and a good friend of mine's dad owns a smoothie king so I sometimes buy the smoothie king gladiator protein powder from them (he gives me the wholesale deal)

Musclepharm's is def the best tasting I've had though.

I havent tried musclepharms yet but I really want to but its a little to pricey. seems like every time I need to get new protein powder Im a little strapped for cash lol

yeah I always try to get something different to mix things up and see what will give me the best deal. I never liked GNCs protein powder, took that stuff in high school and it tasted awful. Gold Standard is pretty good stuff, taste really good. Its a lot better tasting than the Vitamin shoppe brand.
I bought a thing of the vanillia Gaspari Myofusion last year and it was amazing. One of my favorite tasting ones I have ever had.

never tried the Myotein, let us know how it tastes.

Im current using the Vitamin Shoppe Whey, Its just a plain vanilla and its ok. Also using CytoSport Casein Strawberry and Creme which is pretty tasty and CytoSport Monster Milk strawberry and cremem, I only have that stuff cause I got it for like $12 because it was on sale and it was reduced because it was 3months from expiring.

Musclepharm is one brand I want to try cause Ive heard so many good things about it

Bednarik60 wrote:
any one using hemp protein powder ?

if your a vegan its a good protein but if your not you can get better protein for your money

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

gtfo here with that ego. Don't need to come into this thread and talk like you have far more knowledge than everyone else. Also I'd call it an epic trolljob because you responded with a 200 word reply to a post that was clearly a joke. Sorry if calling it an epic trolljob hurt your feelings though... Some people are just too damn sensitive.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ it wasnt funny was my point...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 89 of 100

Jump to: