Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Thread Version 3.0/List of NFL Combine Invitees
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAutumnWind

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been chewing on this for a little bit... cuz I think the best value pick in this years draft will come in the 2nd round. I don't know how all the points work out but I don't really care too much if we manage to get out of the top of the draft and pick up a 2nd.

But what if we were to trade 1st's with the Bengals... so they're picking #3 and were picking #21 and get our original 2nd rounder (pick 37) along with like a extra 4th?

I think thats feasible... I'd do it in a heartbeat I think...

With our 1st pick a guy like Cooper/Richardson/Warford/J.Williams

And in the second at 37 pick a guy like Arthur Jones from K state who I believe will be the best MLB in this class... Ogletree worries me with all the off the field stuff... Jones reminds me a little of last years Lavonte David who I had a man crush on and blew it up this past season... but where as David is more of a OLB... Jones.. tho smaller and projected as a OLB... at MLB was pretty stout against the run, did a good job of shedding blocks, and not getting washed out of plays from the games I saw. I think he could be a Vilma type player... could be the type of player DA is looking for coming from the Saints D.

Alternate picks for pick 37: Barrett Jones/CB Poyer/J.Williams

Thoughts??

Silenced
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheAutumnWind wrote:
Been chewing on this for a little bit... cuz I think the best value pick in this years draft will come in the 2nd round. I don't know how all the points work out but I don't really care too much if we manage to get out of the top of the draft and pick up a 2nd.

But what if we were to trade 1st's with the Bengals... so they're picking #3 and were picking #21 and get our original 2nd rounder (pick 37) along with like a extra 4th?

I think thats feasible... I'd do it in a heartbeat I think...

With our 1st pick a guy like Cooper/Richardson/Warford/J.Williams

And in the second at 37 pick a guy like Arthur Jones from K state who I believe will be the best MLB in this class... Ogletree worries me with all the off the field stuff... Jones reminds me a little of last years Lavonte David who I had a man crush on and blew it up this past season... but where as David is more of a OLB... Jones.. tho smaller and projected as a OLB... at MLB was pretty stout against the run, did a good job of shedding blocks, and not getting washed out of plays from the games I saw. I think he could be a Vilma type player... could be the type of player DA is looking for coming from the Saints D.

Alternate picks for pick 37: Barrett Jones/CB Poyer/J.Williams

Thoughts??

Silenced

I don't think we are getting enough back

GaTechRavens wrote:
PREDICTED RECORD: 2-14...a total clown show. It's okay, as Oakland's rebuilding period will soon be water under the bridge.
Cool
Joe Nobody

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
Joe Nobody wrote:

Why would Myers re-signing or not have any bearing on our taking a TE early? The need is glaring regardless of Myers, who is a backup with a limited skillset.
If we pay him we won't be paying him backup money.

If we pay him as anything else, McKenzie should be fired on the spot.
Dessie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Nobody wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Joe Nobody wrote:

Why would Myers re-signing or not have any bearing on our taking a TE early? The need is glaring regardless of Myers, who is a backup with a limited skillset.

TE would be way down our list of priorities if we resigned Myers. As he proved this year you can get by with an average TE.
#clueless
Joe Nobody

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Joe Nobody wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Joe Nobody wrote:

TE would be way down our list of priorities if we resigned Myers. As he proved this year you can get by with an average TE.

Myers isn't very good. No good personnel man would view him as a reason to not draft a TE. He's a liability in the run game, offers nothing in terms of YAC, and has the most misleading accumulation of receiving numbers I've seen in a while.

Besides, if we're approaching the draft properly, position won't mean much. Best player available is the only way to go. If Gavin Escobar is there when we pick in Rd3, and he's Reggie's highest rated available player, we take Gavin Escobar.

Adding talent is our only priority. This roster lacks talent at almost every position, including, and especially, at TE.
Dessie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Nobody wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Joe Nobody wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Joe Nobody wrote:

Myers isn't very good. No good personnel man would view him as a reason to not draft a TE. He's a liability in the run game, offers nothing in terms of YAC, and has the most misleading accumulation of receiving numbers I've seen in a while.

Besides, if we're approaching the draft properly, position won't mean much. Best player available is the only way to go. If Gavin Escobar is there when we pick in Rd3, and he's Reggie's highest rated available player, we take Gavin Escobar.

Adding talent is our only priority. This roster lacks talent at almost every position, including, and especially, at TE.

I would rather take the next best QB, OL, DL, CB, WR, RB, S, LB than the TE.
#clueless
101Raider

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Joe Nobody wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Joe Nobody wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Joe Nobody wrote:

I would rather take the next best QB, OL, DL, CB, WR, RB, S, LB than the TE.

+1 I could not possibly justify taking a TE when we have enormous problems at so many other positions
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:
Apparently we talked to QB Tyler Bray:

https://twitter.com/jwyattsports/status/304682882402758656

Unless you are in denial this is very telling of the organizations true impressions of Pryor. Wake up already. That being said I'm all for starting Pryor and joining the "Clown Parade".
You wake up already. this has nothing to do with Pryor, we only have 2 QBs on the roster and maybe only one if Carson doesn't take a pay cut. Rolling Eyes

How many instances in the HISTORY of the NFL has an NFL organization developed TWO QBsotF at the same time?? Why would McKenzie speed date when he already has the woman of his dreams??
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:
Apparently we talked to QB Tyler Bray:

https://twitter.com/jwyattsports/status/304682882402758656

Unless you are in denial this is very telling of the organizations true impressions of Pryor. Wake up already. That being said I'm all for starting Pryor and joining the "Clown Parade".

We don't even need to start Pryor for the Clowney Parade, we have a good shot with Palmer at QB.

Winning 5 games could be enough to rain on the Clown Parade. DMC in a PBS when he's healthy for the 1st 8 games would be pretty formidable on paper. If the Raiders don't clikc in the preseason, cut/trade Palmer and save the $.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't anyone read that article where Allen said Palmer was starter?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:

How many instances in the HISTORY of the NFL has an NFL organization developed TWO QBsotF at the same time?? Why would McKenzie speed date when he already has the woman of his dreams??

GB drafted Rodgers in the 1st in 2005 and Brian Brohm in the 2nd in 2008.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Geno Smith at 4.59. Where does that put him on Ncough's scale of QB speed?
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:

Slower than TP and therefore irrelevant. Its ok though, more people than just NCough that will think that way.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:

I can't believe he called him slow.
macklemore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't believe Ryan Swope ran a 4.34, he is a decent receiver wouldn't mind him in the mid rounds.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 18 of 100

Jump to: