Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

miles austin

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jaytotha


Joined: 27 Jan 2008
Posts: 4440
Location: Spokane Valley, Wa
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: miles austin Reply with quote

Let the thread begin....

Dallas might be releasing WR Miles Austin and we all know those dallas ties... would be an upgrade.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ViolentMonk71


Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 3766
Location: Don Shula's front porch
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2013/02/23/could-dallas-cowboys-wr-miles-austin-become-an-option-for-the-miami-dolphins/

Yes....if released I would have no problem with him coming to Miami...

Wallace, Austin, Bess, and one of the 2nd round WR would be fantastic....and cheaper then either Jennings or Hartline....
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dolphin Dave


Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Posts: 2310
Location: Ft. Myers, Florida
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm Jeff Ireland, I call Jerry Jones and offer him a 6th or 7th round pick for Austin right now. I am trying to keep Austin from ever hitting the market for any other team to have a crack at signing. Jones gets something in return and I get Austin and the remainder of his contract which is cheap. Jones has already paid the guaranteed money on the contract which was front loaded. Deal is basically risk free.
_________________

frankmoore wrote:
The hero doesn't always ride off into the sunset with the girl, sometimes he ends up on the wrong end of the lightsaber.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ovaw8lover


Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Posts: 9054
Location: Dolphins Stadium
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thank you. What could is talent if it is never on the field? This guy is always hurt an is a hamstring pull waiting to happen. I think he has only played one complete season. No thanks.
_________________
"Yesterday Is History, Tomorrow Is A Mystery, And Today Is A Gift. That Is Why It Is Called The Present.""
Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Warpticon


Joined: 21 May 2010
Posts: 1561
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
No thank you. What could is talent if it is never on the field? This guy is always hurt an is a hamstring pull waiting to happen. I think he has only played one complete season. No thanks.


He's played 16 games 3 of the last 4 years. Took me 30 seconds to look up. You should stop just saying stuff.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ovaw8lover


Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Posts: 9054
Location: Dolphins Stadium
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
No thank you. What could is talent if it is never on the field? This guy is always hurt an is a hamstring pull waiting to happen. I think he has only played one complete season. No thanks.


He's played 16 games 3 of the last 4 years. Took me 30 seconds to look up. You should stop just saying stuff.


I stand corrected but tell me he isnt always on the injury report? He always has something wrong with him and seems to always be a game time decision
_________________
"Yesterday Is History, Tomorrow Is A Mystery, And Today Is A Gift. That Is Why It Is Called The Present.""
Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Warpticon


Joined: 21 May 2010
Posts: 1561
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
No thank you. What could is talent if it is never on the field? This guy is always hurt an is a hamstring pull waiting to happen. I think he has only played one complete season. No thanks.


He's played 16 games 3 of the last 4 years. Took me 30 seconds to look up. You should stop just saying stuff.


I stand corrected but tell me he isnt always on the injury report? He always has something wrong with him and seems to always be a game time decision


He has certainly been hampered by injuries the last two years, but outside of 2011 they haven't kept him off the field, and he's managed to be productive regardless. In any case, whenever there's a player available there's always a reason. It's just a matter of whether that reason is worth dealing with.

It all works out to Miami's advantage if he's available, whether they pursue him or not. The more options there are on the market, the less demand there is for any single player on that market.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maddogg


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 1682
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away......
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has to come cheap. I just have the feeling he is going to breakdown and he is not covered with a warranty.

I don't think Dallas will cut him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skatewood2


Joined: 10 Feb 2007
Posts: 5743
Location: Kent, WA
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he is cut and we can pick him up then I am for it.
_________________



NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group