Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

miles austin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: miles austin Reply with quote

Let the thread begin....

Dallas might be releasing WR Miles Austin and we all know those dallas ties... would be an upgrade.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2013/02/23/could-dallas-cowboys-wr-miles-austin-become-an-option-for-the-miami-dolphins/

Yes....if released I would have no problem with him coming to Miami...

Wallace, Austin, Bess, and one of the 2nd round WR would be fantastic....and cheaper then either Jennings or Hartline....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm Jeff Ireland, I call Jerry Jones and offer him a 6th or 7th round pick for Austin right now. I am trying to keep Austin from ever hitting the market for any other team to have a crack at signing. Jones gets something in return and I get Austin and the remainder of his contract which is cheap. Jones has already paid the guaranteed money on the contract which was front loaded. Deal is basically risk free.

frankmoore wrote:
The hero doesn't always ride off into the sunset with the girl, sometimes he ends up on the wrong end of the lightsaber.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thank you. What could is talent if it is never on the field? This guy is always hurt an is a hamstring pull waiting to happen. I think he has only played one complete season. No thanks.
Warpticon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
No thank you. What could is talent if it is never on the field? This guy is always hurt an is a hamstring pull waiting to happen. I think he has only played one complete season. No thanks.

He's played 16 games 3 of the last 4 years. Took me 30 seconds to look up. You should stop just saying stuff.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

He's played 16 games 3 of the last 4 years. Took me 30 seconds to look up. You should stop just saying stuff.

I stand corrected but tell me he isnt always on the injury report? He always has something wrong with him and seems to always be a game time decision
Warpticon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

I stand corrected but tell me he isnt always on the injury report? He always has something wrong with him and seems to always be a game time decision

He has certainly been hampered by injuries the last two years, but outside of 2011 they haven't kept him off the field, and he's managed to be productive regardless. In any case, whenever there's a player available there's always a reason. It's just a matter of whether that reason is worth dealing with.

It all works out to Miami's advantage if he's available, whether they pursue him or not. The more options there are on the market, the less demand there is for any single player on that market.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has to come cheap. I just have the feeling he is going to breakdown and he is not covered with a warranty.

I don't think Dallas will cut him.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he is cut and we can pick him up then I am for it.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: