Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Arizona Cardinals General Draft Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Lott not leading the bench press this year?
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:

Nope I think I read somewhere that Keim wouldn't let him or something

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:

Nope I think I read somewhere that Keim wouldn't let him or something

Yea it was mentioned that they wanted Lott to be doing Cardinal things right now and not taking time out for the Combine to do the bench press.

There are still injuries happening so I'm interested in seeing if NFL people are happy or unsatisfied that Lott is no longer there.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressed with Jordan & Moore (both came in around 250lbs)... I think it's guaranteed that Warmack, Joeckel, Jordan or Moore is available at #7. I'd be happy with any of them.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just some thoughts to kind of get some more discussion going in what I call a rough transition period on this particular forum Laughing

Arthur Brown came in at 6'0" 240lbs. That's outstanding for him. He was universally thought to be around 225-230. Hopefully it's good weight and he can still run with it. I usually don't put much stock in times but for him I will since I don't think he played with that much weight in college.

He's my #1 target in the 2nd round. He could easily go around 20-32 though.

Another guy I like as more of a TED is AJ Klein who came in at 6'1" 250lbs.

2 offensive guards I'm gonna have to find some tape on are Alvin Bailey and Hugh Thorton. I like that Bailey has extensive experience at both guard spots and switched often within the same game. Maybe a consistent position would make him better. Thorton had a ROUGH childhood just look up the story WOW. To get where he is now is very impressive.

I was really looking forward to seeing Travis Kelce but he tore a muscle. I haven't watched him play YET but by what I read he is one of the best blocking TEs in the draft and also put up huge numbers as a receiver last year. I'm not sure how severe it is but hopefully the injury heals quickly in time for his pro day or training camp.

I really like Nick Kasa as a developmental TE. The guy only recently converted to TE and didn't put up big numbers because he played on one of the worst teams in football. He's the biggest TE at the combine but also one of the most athletic. I'd be interested in him on the 3rd day.

Zac Stacy came in at a rock solid 5'8" 216lbs and put up 27 reps. I like those running backs in the mold of MJD who have a low center of gravity, can hide behind OL, and pack a surprising punch on contact.

Le'Veon Bell, another guy I like helped himself a lot today measuring in at 230lbs. That should only help him since the era of 240lbs + RB is fading away. Bell can run with both power and agility, can catch, and can block. He's a relatively poor man's Stephen Jackson.

I'll also be keeping an eye on RBs Mike Gillislee, George Winn, and some others.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the QB interest.

NFC QB, Not in the West, Not Ponder, Note Freeman. Would slide into an Arians led offense.

There are three names that jump out to me that would fit that kind of a mold;

1 = Jason Campbell - Bears
2 = Dan Orlovsky - Tampa Bay
3 = Derek Anderson - Carolina

Now none of those names are guys who you would want to running your team. Other names to consider would be a Kirk Cousins from Washington or maybe even a guy who is flying well under the radar a BJ Coleman type from Green Bay.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:

NFC QB, Not in the West, Not Ponder, Note Freeman. Would slide into an Arians led offense.

Now none of those names are guys who you would want to running your team. Other names to consider would be a Kirk Cousins from Washington or maybe even a guy who is flying well under the radar a BJ Coleman type from Green Bay.

eh stchamp also said it was a "wild one" and all those are just very blah. On second thought getting David Anderson back would be the most surprising thing I've ever witnessed as a Cardinals fan lol
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
khodder wrote:

eh stchamp also said it was a "wild one" and all those are just very blah. On second thought getting David Anderson back would be the most surprising thing I've ever witnessed as a Cardinals fan lol

Wild does not mean "Big Name" would it not be wild to see us trade a pick to Chicago for a career backup in Jason Campbell, would it not be wild to see us trade a pick to Green Bay for BJ Coleman when we drafted Ryan Lindley ahead of him last season?

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
khodder wrote:

Wild does not mean "Big Name" would it not be wild to see us trade a pick to Chicago for a career backup in Jason Campbell, would it not be wild to see us trade a pick to Green Bay for BJ Coleman when we drafted Ryan Lindley ahead of him last season?

No that's not what I would consider wild at all actually but that's just one man's opinion.
AZCardinalsFan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
khodder wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
khodder wrote:

No that's not what I would consider wild at all actually but that's just one man's opinion.

When I think WILD in the NFC(not west). I would think Newton. But we all know thats not possible lol.

Only other one I think it would be is Cousins.

Deadpulse
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZCardinalsFan wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
khodder wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
khodder wrote:

When I think WILD in the NFC(not west). I would think Newton. But we all know thats not possible lol.

Only other one I think it would be is Cousins.

Cousins makes sense but not for anything less than a 2nd round pick from Washington's perspective. RGIII is a health risk so they need a good backup. However, they also don't have a 1st round pick so getting another high pick to build up the team and drafting another QB later makes sense. And I'm not willing to give up that much for Cousins. But he does have those intangibles that Arians admires a lot.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I was really hoping it was Freeman. Talk about a match made in heaven.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cousins doesn't fit the Arians mold IMO. Not very big and has a decent arm at best... Regarding Freeman the compensation makes or breaks the deal. He'll need a contract too cause this is the last year of his deal... #7 is off limits.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Cousins doesn't fit the Arians mold IMO. Not very big and has a decent arm at best... Regarding Freeman the compensation makes or breaks the deal. He'll need a contract too cause this is the last year of his deal... #7 is off limits.

I agree Cousins doesn't. We'll just have to wait and see who it is from the world's biggest fan of building up suspense.
DDOCKETT90

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

love2theOLINE wrote:
AZCardinalsFan wrote:
Whats champs twitter??

I would wish we knew Neutral

champ if you're reading this. come back!

Agreed 1000% on the little writing Crying or Very sad

I still say we all try to get him to come back this place sucks now that he is gone

matthouston91 made it!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 77 of 100

Jump to: